Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sapphiron and Druid healing

This may seem like an odd question but i honestly am having a hard time keeping up with the healing in this fight and only this fight. No other 10 man encounter do i have trouble with(yes only 10 man) and i cant seem to solve the problem of running out of mana on this fight. I do not have help with decursing usual, our mage for some reason doesn't feel the need to use that spell apparently its broken in his game. This set aside i find myself healing then decursing like a mad man then back to healing again. No since blizz has openly said that raid material post 3.1 will be more difficult i would honestly like to know how other druid healers deal with this fight and what i may be doing wrong.

That being said what i usualy do in the fight is raid heal. Until the need for players to be decursed arises i tend to keep rejuv up on all members while members that get hit with blizz get a little more attention with lifebloom. I try not to stray from this as my mana wont really allow for much more. I would much appreciate some suggestions on how to better handle this fight and maybe improve my healing as a druid.
    Never forget that Justice is what love looks like in public.

Re: Sapphiron and Druid healing

replace your mage in the raid with one who is able to find and click the decurse button
    Last time we killed saph this was a 14 Min fight -.- (we had 3 dd's below 1200 dps !) and it was quite hard not running oom

-> use Swiftmend on every cooldown (1sec before Rejuvenation ends) 16% of base mana in't much for a 5k heal ^^
    -> if you have the possibility not to cast for 20 sec do it... -> you get about 2k mana @700 mp5/out of fight

sorry my bad english

Find one on my server and i will pay you 10,000g no joke.

Decursing have priority.
    Blizzard should be avoided, so your raid mates should learn to do it. It's not that much if they take a hit - a single LB should be enough if you let it bloom.
    I mainly focus on tank (all HoTs up) and then decurse. When Sapphiron flies in the air, you have plenty of time (unless you're Ice Blocked) to put LB to everyone and get a clean start for the next land phase.

For tank healing just care about LB stacks in prio to decursing, even if other hots expire, you'll have time to reapply them, but LB will cost much more mana to restore at 3 stacks.

So in short prio:
    Tank LB -> Decurse -> Raid healing

All you can really do is rejuv the raid and decurse. If you are specced properly thats 18 seconds for 9 people (you dont need to rejuv the tank), which should give you a lot of time outside the 5sr. If you are still going out of mana, what is your raid makeup and gear? If you are doing with 3 healers, you can reduce the number of people you heal so that you have the mana to last.

Deleted

It's probably a guy's thing not to decurse, my g/f is playing a mage and leads the decursing stats in such fight by quite a margin :P Glad I have her

Without further information it's quite hard to tell where the problem really is.

a) are you playing with frost resi gear?
    b) what's your equip like?
    c) what's the equip of your DDs like, ie. how many air phases you do have?
    d) how many healers are helping you out?

Last time I healed Saph, I was together with a shaman who kept an eye on the tank while I kept the rest of the raid alive. I'm a rejuv junkie, so I just put one on each of the raid ticking, helping out with regrowth and/or some additional hots on the tank, depending if I am in range.

Didn't even use Innervate last time :P (can't remember when I needed it in any fight, 10man or 25man, usually reserve it for a mage I battlerezz or smth )

This is my my gear currently never mind my damage mace and offhand i use the staff off of 4 horsemen 10 man.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7s+Edge&n=Pity

My raid makeup for healing is always the same i run with the same 10 people every raid seeing as though my guild only has 10 mains. 2 holy priests myself as a resto druid, one rogue, two hunters, a mage, a dk tank, and our main tank is a prot war.

We stick mainly with one priest focused on the mt, while the second priest and i handle healing the raid. The problem kinda starts with the fact that i end up having to give my innervate to the priest healing the mt every time on the fight so i don't get to use it on myself but the upside is i have the glyph so i still get extra regen with that. Honestly im glad to have good suggestions here i am not shy to criticism on how i handle my healing and my main goal is to heal more efficiently in preparation to 3.1 so all help is welcome.

All 10 of us are in 3 pieces of frost resist gear.

The solution is :
    1) ask the raid leader to publicly ask the mage to decurse.
    2) do not decurse, let the raid wipe because of the mage
    3) If the mage is still completely crappy -> get a moonkin !

Dont use frost resist, your rejuv will outheal the frost damage and FR just gimps your stats.

Since you run with 3 healers, segment what you heal a bit more and hold back. Rejuv 4 or 5 people and use the rest of the time to regen, let the other priest handle 4 or 5 people and work from there. Having to give your innervate to the priest healing the MT is a real odd thing, but you should probably still have the mana to last in 10 man, especially with all those spirit gems (youve got a lot more regen than me and I have no mana issues 2 healing).

PS: There is nothing wrong with a druid decursing this fight, on 10 man its 2 or 3 people (cant remember), which is really easy to do. I decurse all the time just because its less uptime on the curse meaning less he heals.

EDIT: Are one of the hunters survival to give you a replenishment?

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT U MEAN. sry caps.
    yes mana gets tight healing the raid in a 10-raid. if there is no priest with spirit buff, no pala with manareg buff, no mage, its almost impossible to max raid heal throughout the whole fight.
    im a well geared, high mana-reg resto myself. i have no problem healing 25 saph, cos there u are fully buffed and a mp5 of about 500.
    but with a 10 raid it's different. if u dont have the above mentioned characters in your raid, all u can do is buff food with manareg, scroll of spirit, and drinks that give u manareg (dont know the name in english sry).

you should heal with rejuv the whole raid. put it on everybody (also tank) that is below 80%. and of course dispell. dont waste ur mana on wild growth when the raid is too far spread. use it when everybody is close (like behind an iceblock).

when u first get down to 50% mana, use a mana potion. once u get below 10% the next time, use the druid-manareg-skill (sry again dont know the name in english), which should fill u up to about 80% (while continuing hotting the raid).

Yes one of the hunters has replenishment in the raid although i never seem to notice its effects and when i checked my stats its sad but mana regened from that is horrible sad to see blizz thinking its so good.

I do have questions on the no FR suggestion i mean that is scary seeing as though im having a hard time atm keeping up with the healing as far as doing this in a 10 man would you say that we should just work it out until we are not running out of mana and not being able to down the boss.

Also at the moment we basically have him on farm its just a fear that come 3.1 i along with my guild will have to relearn this fight. As far as my gems i stack spirit because more so than pure spell power i see much more return considering i dont mt heal for my raid i basically keep the raid up so it seems to work good at the moment that is.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaBaggle
    Mages can decurse? ??? ???

Seriously though, I find most dps speced people, ever since CC all but completely disappeared, can't seem to manage to do anything besides single mindedly dps a target. They won't decurse, depoison, cleanse, dispell, spell steal, counter spell, kick, interrupt, etc, stuff off even themselves.
    When I run pugs I say over vent that if a curse goes on for too long, the mage/druid/shaman with the least decurses gets not loot. Usually fixes that problem.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer
    Since you run with 3 healers, segment what you heal a bit more and hold back.
    Great idea, actually. Normally, we all stand on one side of saph, but you could try to seperate into two groups, one left and one right of him, one healer assigned to each side. It could limit the overheal you and the other priest are producing -> reducing mana.

Hm, I just had a quick glance at your armory, looks fine. Now I sincerely doubt that it really is a healing problem, I assume your fellow DPSers are pushing too few DPS so that the fight is just too long.

You rejuving should be outhealing the damage done by the frost aura, which basically removes the point of using frost resist. So, you are basically giving yourself 0 healing stats (dps stats in the case of dps) for 3 pieces of gear that you dont need.

But, basically, if you are having mana issues you have to figure out where the issue lies (usually this is due to group composition or overextending yourself). If you have 3 healers and 1 of those healers mostly sits around doing nothing as there is nothing to heal (which the other priest should be doing pretty much nothing if you rejuv 9 people) then you can heal fewer people and let him heal some.

Quote Originally Posted by Pity
    [...]
    As far as my gems i stack spirit because more so than pure spell power i see much more return considering i dont mt heal for my raid i basically keep the raid up so it seems to work good at the moment that is.
    You seem like a good resto. Stacking SP in all of your slots is just plain bullsh!t. I also use a lot of spirit, gems and enchants. unbuffed i have 1200 spirit now and still 2100 SP.
    i alsways say: spirit is power! spirit is good for a resto in many ways. give u some sp in tree-form (not a lot but at least something) and it really enhances your mp5.

i also dont really like items with every 5 sec xxxMana, i prefer the items with spirit.
    i think for 60 emblems of honor you can get the best resto shoes in the game (lots of spirit AND also manareg every 5sec).

as i said: as a resto, your power is your manareg. priets go oom, shams go oom (palas dont get oom, but they cant raid-heal ). so after a long bossfight, when the above mentioned healrs are oom, you are still the one keeping the DDs and the whole raid alive.

so there is no point in having 2300+ SP but going oom in a raid fight.

With 2 holy priests in your raid, you should be able to sit down and relax or go have a smoke.
    Their prayer of mending should take care of the almost everything and an occasional CoH doesn't hurt when hidden behind iceblocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild
    You seem like a good resto. Stacking SP in all of your slots is just plain bullsh!t. I also use a lot of spirit, gems and enchants. unbuffed i have 1200 spirit now and still 2100 SP.
    i alsways say: spirit is power! spirit is good for a resto in many ways. give u some sp in tree-form (not a lot but at least something) and it really enhances your mp5.

i also dont really like items with every 5 sec xxxMana, i prefer the items with spirit.
    i think for 60 emblems of honor you can get the best resto shoes in the game (lots of spirit AND also manareg every 5sec).

as i said: as a resto, your power is your manareg. priets go oom, shams go oom (palas dont get oom, but they cant raid-heal ). so after a long bossfight, when the above mentioned healrs are oom, you are still the one keeping the DDs and the whole raid alive.

so there is no point in having 2300+ SP but going oom in a raid fight.
    How do you have 2100 spell power with pure spirit gems? I stack pure SP gems and am at 2207 (or do you mean in tree form?). Personally, I stack spell power because HoT's scale amazingly well with it (my lifebloom ticks for 1340, rejuv for 2341) and because regen is just flat out not needed right now, especially once you get the gear I have (best in slot for everything). Besides, the only time I go OOM in raids right now is if I spam regrowth the entire fight.

YES ITS 2100 SP in treeform. i dont have just plain spirit gems. i have spirit-sp gems also.
    i have 2 trinkets with twice 100sp, that also pushes it a lot.

but how in the hell do u get rejuv for 2341 per tick??? i get about 2k in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild
    YES ITS 2100 SP in treeform. i dont have just plain spirit gems. i have spirit-sp gems also.
    i have 2 trinkets with twice 100sp, that also pushes it a lot.

but how in the hell do u get rejuv for 2341 per tick??? i get about 2k in raids.
    Raid buffed I get pushed up to about 2750 spell power in tree

daaaaaan man.
    well, i had my first malygos kill last night. so i "just" have full t7.5 eq and other epic stuff for emblems and sartharion drops. i didnt get anything from maly.
    -> so my gear is by far not the best-for-slot i have.

I see that u have 314 mp5 with just plain SP gemas (as u say) thats sick.

i would like to have a look at ur armory, could u post it?