Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Sapphiron and Druid healing

First, you dont need to gem fully for sp ;P
    Currently, without any buffs then my own im at 2041 sp in tree, 1200 spir, 1089/354 mp5, 571 haste. And there currently isnt any fight other then instructor raz that I havent ended up with most healing done. (Try beating a pally with really good gear, with beacon on the adds, in that fight)
    And since this topic is about sapp, then most of the time I do end up with most healing done and most decurses done. And lately Ive done that, WITH frost resist gear. Since that allows me to stand still in the middle to be in decurse range of everyone and throw how and not move away from blizz. With the FR gear that allows me to do the same in 25-man aswell, even with 2x blizzard in my face.

If anyone is interrested, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...eppes&n=Xerxes
    Leaf my roots alone you nasty!

Well as far as me stacking spirit in my gem slots i did that mainly because when i first started out the two other healers and myself were not geared really well at all so it was out of a need for more mana regen not really just pure mana. I think it will be a mute point after 3.1 if the changes go through like blizz says right at this moment. I tried out doing sp gems in all my gear recently but found i was still having mana issues i guess it couldn't hurt considering i have gems coming out of my ears to re gem my gear and if it doesn't work out just gem back. I guess in my mind I've always thought what good does 2300sp do when you dont have mana to heal. As far as gear goes you all need to take and keep in mind i only really do 10 mans i don't have access to some of the really good gear in 25 mans so that was the point of 10 man sapphiron post. This also will apply to 3.1 considering that's what my guild is a 10 man raiding guild.
    Never forget that Justice is what love looks like in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes
    where did u get that imba relic?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild
    daaaaaan man.
    well, i had my first malygos kill last night. so i "just" have full t7.5 eq and other epic stuff for emblems and sartharion drops. i didnt get anything from maly.
    -> so my gear is by far not the best-for-slot i have.

I see that u have 314 mp5 with just plain SP gemas (as u say) thats sick.

i would like to have a look at ur armory, could u post it?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...scalp&n=Udenlo

EDIT: Regarding saph, its the druids best fight. I always have like 15% more healed than the next closest person in 25 man.

Udenlo, aren't you still missing a few best in slot pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Martouf
    Udenlo, aren't you still missing a few best in slot pieces?
    There is one very minor upgrade from KT, which is a cloak. But, aside from that I am 99% sure everything is best in slot.

where did u get that imba relic?
    The relic is from 25-man Gothic in naxx Thinking about getting one that increases lifebloom also though, since mana isnt an issue for me in 25-man anyway. No matter how much I spam, I cant go oom atm
    Leaf my roots alone you nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes
    The relic is from 25-man Gothic in naxx Thinking about getting one that increases lifebloom also though, since mana isnt an issue for me in 25-man anyway. No matter how much I spam, I cant go oom atm
    The thing is, lifebloom relic is just for tank healing. but as i perform raid healing most of the time (if i was healing the MT too, palys would be unemployed and i dont wanna risk more unemplyoment in this unstable economy )
    i prefer your relic ^^  spell power relic for rejuv would be imba though :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer
    There is one very minor upgrade from KT, which is a cloak. But, aside from that I am 99% sure everything is best in slot.
    You're missing a few. Unless they're in your bags.

You're missing a few. Unless they're in your bags.
    o.O What am I missing?

Dont forget that spirit converts to some spell power and provides extra regen and that haste is roughly equal to crit.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm a bare)

Shoulders - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40594
    Back - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40405 (as you said)
    Wrists - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44008
    Legs - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40398
    Trinket - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40258
    Trinket - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40432

I'm sure the Greatness Card for spirit is up there, but you would prefer sp right?

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm a bare)

Shoulders - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40594
    Back - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40405 (as you said)
    Wrists - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44008
    Legs - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40398
    Trinket - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40258
    Trinket - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40432

I'm sure the Greatness Card for spirit is up there, but you would prefer sp right?
    I have never seen those legs/wrists drop before o.O

The 2nd trinket would be a substantial upgrade, but theres no way I am taking that over a caster, and I think we have only had 2 or 3 drop so far. The shoulders are about equal. But, touche I guess there is some stuff out there that I just had no clue about because I hadnt seen them in game yet lol

Forethought Talisman
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Trinket
    Requires Level 80
    Equip: Increases spell power by 111.
    Equip: Your direct healing spells have a chance to place a heal over time on your target, healing 3572 over 12 sec.

1st trinket postet by Martouf

--------------

now that's what I call imba.

the rest you postet is mainly caster/dd stuff. i dont think you can roll for that in a 25raid with caster/dds rolling as well.

the rest you postet is mainly caster/dd stuff. i dont think you can roll for that in a 25raid with caster/dds rolling as well.
    No hit with spirit, so should be fair game. Except the SP trinket. It's the best caster dps trinket in the game.

are you guys stacking frost resistance gear? for early attempts, having the resistance helps tremendously. load the gem sockets up with SP/MP5 gems and you should be set. can go with SP/Spi if you want, but MP5 is a little better for regenerating mana in bulk IMO.

As far as raid healing goes: if you have the resistance gear then the raid will be taking negligble damage (unless they stand in the blizzards like tards). I usually only heal people when we group up for the ice tomb things, or if they were tards and stood in the blizzards.

fire that mage and get somebody who will help you. or tell him that you are going to stop healing him unless he helps you out. No excuse for that crap. Tell him to get decursive and suck it up.

Another thing that i usually do for that fight is stack as much mana regen as possible, even if it means dropping my spell power. I usually raid with 2200+ SP in 10-man, but for that fight i'm usually down around 1800-1900. but with a pot + innervate i really dont have mana issues at all now. The last couple times we killed him, i dont think i even had to innervate.

You seem like a good resto. Stacking SP in all of your slots is just plain bullsh!t. I also use a lot of spirit, gems and enchants. unbuffed i have 1200 spirit now and still 2100 SP.
    i alsways say: spirit is power! spirit is good for a resto in many ways. give u some sp in tree-form (not a lot but at least something) and it really enhances your mp5.

i also dont really like items with every 5 sec xxxMana, i prefer the items with spirit.
    i think for 60 emblems of honor you can get the best resto shoes in the game (lots of spirit AND also manareg every 5sec).

as i said: as a resto, your power is your manareg. priets go oom, shams go oom (palas dont get oom, but they cant raid-heal ). so after a long bossfight, when the above mentioned healrs are oom, you are still the one keeping the DDs and the whole raid alive.

so there is no point in having 2300+ SP but going oom in a raid fight.
    What is the point in stacking mana regen and finishing a fight at 90% mana? I would prefer to get more oomph out of my heals and still never have mana issues. Do you not usually run with a replenishment class or something? And like what was said above, mana is a complete non-issue right now so stacking spirit for it is pretty pointless IMO.

The reason i stacked regen to begin with was not because of my gear but instead the gear of one of the other healers was not on par with the other priest in our guild. Now that being said that was a few weeks ago and the gear situation has worked itself out. Like i said in my original post way in the beginning the only fight i run into a problem with mana is sapphiron. I am not concerned only with that fight but the content we will be going up against in 3.1 were blizz has clearly said that mana will be something you have to pay very close attention to instead of sitting back like a heal bot. You may not find healing a challenge or mana a problem but some folks do. I do not raid in a huge guild and most people don't. To a lot of folks you cant just say well my gear is fine, i would bet that i am not the first person in wow to have to change the way i enchant/gem my gear in order to make up for other peoples gear short comings. I am happy to do this in order to give the other healers in my guild time to get gear but eventually they need to carry themselves.

I think in the end there may just be two different ways to look at druid healing. MT healing stacking lots of spell power and or off healing doing the same, or in my case and many others stacking spirit in order to be able to off heal the entire raid using my massive regen to not run out of mana which in turn frees up my innervate for a dps caster who may benefit more from it.

Once again so that the people late coming in to read this thread understand what it is about we are talking 10 man content not 25 man. So if you are referring to 25 mans and mana then we know clearly mana usually is not an issue that is not the concern or problem here. Not everyone does 25 man content so gearing and specing for it is not always a valid way to address the folks who just run 10 man stuff.
    Never forget that Justice is what love looks like in public.

Only just came into this thread so responding to the OP. For healing strategies on 10 man Sapph I suggest using rolling lifeblooms on the tank (with additional HoTs if necessary), using Wild Growth to heal the melee, and Rejuv for healing the casters (and melee if they get Blizzard or something). This probably isn't going to be enough to keep everyone up, but then, you shouldn't be the only one heealing.

If you're running out of mana then it likely means that either you don't have replenishment (which really does make things tough in a 10 man) or your DPS are rather lacking and the fight is taking too long (entirely possible). If this is the case then the only recommendation I can make is to get everyone wearing frost resist gear - if the heals simply aren't there to cover the damage, then either you need more healers or you need to reduce the incoming damage. If they aren't willing then make it clear to them that the choice is either they pay for and wear their frost resist gear, or they don't get loot from the last two bosses, as simple as that.

And honestly, tell your mage to grow up. Get the entire raid on your side too - if you've got a mage in the raid, and you're struggling with healing, then there's no way whatsoever that you should be doing the decursing unless the mage has died. So make it clear to everyone in the raid that you're struggling because the mage won't decurse. Post the dispel meters from recount too and people will get the message, and if the whole raid turns around and says you should still be doing the decursing, then you really need to find a new guild / raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer
    You rejuving should be outhealing the damage done by the frost aura, which basically removes the point of using frost resist.
    I spam rejuv and regrowth like there is no tomorrow!! Also WG on meelee every cooldown. When we gather up for ice tomb I also spam regrowth then. In 10 man, it is able to cast it on every char during ice block phase if you are not targeted. Smash hots on the tank while he runs towards saph...

Then rejuv the raid and flash heal the tank if he really needs it. Its best Ifeel if you have a paladin stuck on the MT and you really target the raid heals. Druids are the best raid healers on this boss with those kinky hots!

Also people on TWO SIDES are just morons... Why make a fight harder - so they dont have to move out of blizzard? Why? Because they are bad and get hit rather than dps? So they cant top DPS charts? People like this are not team players, and hold teams back..

I would explain this to your mage that the boss dying is more important than his DPS meter

I mean you answered your own question in your original post. You're spending all your time in GCD hell since you have no help with decursing. This is leading you to be spending zero time OOC meaning you aren't regenning any noticeable amounts of mana. Get a better mage, or another druid to help.