Min stats for Heroics

Hi there,

im lvling up a priest atm and was just wondering what the minimum required stats were to start healing heroics?

like how much Spell Power, spirit, int etc should i be looking at before i can heal heroics

Also will i be able to hit up heroics as soon as i ding 80, or will i have to do lvl 80 normal instances first?

regards, Funkymonk

Re: Min stats for Heroics

That really depends on the heroic, the tank, your skill and ability of the group... personally I was able to heal them with what lvl 80 blues I had combined with whatever epics I got as offset gear in Naxx.

Healers don't have "minimum stats". Never have, never will. Gear will be a big factor, but skill is bigger still. While someone else will say "You must have 500 mp5 to do AN" or "2k spellpower is mandatory" or whatever else, someone else can come behind you with a similarly geared tank and do it with a lot less. You aren't a tank to have a minimum defense rating, you aren't a dps with a hit-cap, there are no "minimums".

Edit:
    As for the second part of your question, do a run of normal instances and get your dungeon-master. A) This gets you used to a bunch of your spells without pushing you too hard. B) This gets you to see some of the fights, and no what to look out for when they get harder. C) This also gets you some gear to take with you into your heroics.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I wouldnt recommend healing heroics if you havent dont any instances from 75-80 or lemme put it in a different way. you shouldnt heal heroics if you dont have any blues from 75-80 instances unless you have a naxx tank.

If you do your tank is gonna be frustrated and group will break = Bad name for you as a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dynamite
    I wouldnt recommend healing heroics if you havent dont any instances from 75-80 or lemme put it in a different way. you shouldnt heal heroics if you dont have any blues from 75-80 instances unless you have a naxx tank.

If you do your tank is gonna be frustrated and group will break = Bad name for you as a healer.
    I started mine in t6 as Disc, with a craptonne too much spirit and way too small on the crit. No 75-80 blues for me, unfortunately

T6 might be a different story but from what I am guessing this priest is probably in this quest gear which is not good enough for heroic. In heroics the healers are not only healing the tanks they are also healing the rest of the party since there are many fights where entire party is getting aoe damage.

And yes you are right about the encounter experience. Very imp for tank and priest to know the encounter and anticipate spikes in incoming damage and be ready to heal it right away or keep the tank topped off before it happens.

I never did normalmode. So you can't have to bad stats for heroics.

i was strugling with everything except uk, nexus, vh and an, with less then 1500sp selfbuffed, and ~400mp5 while not casting. i did those runs with a good geared tank.

i am not the best healer out there, but i advice to get atleast some highlvl normal gear before going to hc's when you are in quest gear.

Quote Originally Posted by xcite
    i was strugling with everything except uk, nexus, vh and an, with less then 1500sp selfbuffed, and ~400mp5 while not casting. i did those runs with a good geared tank.

i am not the best healer out there, but i advice to get atleast some highlvl normal gear before going to hc's when you are in quest gear.
    Really? Because for the longest time I was running 1450 (Inner Fire included) with only 147 mp5. That might be because I'm disc, but either way, not one person can state a "baseline" minimum

Well, I must admit I had 1600+ spellpower the second I hit 80 So I wouldn't know how it is to play with that shit gear.

15+ Year Old Account

I healed for the first time as Restoration Druid in 80. I remember I was really scared not being able to heal the other, so I just nuked healed, but at the end the party asked me to join their guild and come to raids with them. I was like WOOT! Today I am raiding with my guild and I am always top healer with lowest overhealing done ;D So practise and take it easy ;D Try out the HC dungeons in the difficulty order and yes just do HC until you can't get more gear from there. Then you're ready for raid ;D

And yes its about skill, but there is still a minimum!

Hots don't tick when the target is at full health... hence why you win at overhealing...

Can I stress again that healing meters are misleading and barely tell the true story about healing.