Thread: rumor has it...

rumor has it...

is it true that dr00dz can, or will b able 2 use, swords and polearms?

Re: rumor has it...

polearms yes
    swords no
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Well we did.* Some of us at least.* The rest of us evolved from monkeys, snakes, and particularly low quality toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Chromie.* Chromie solves Everything.

Time paradox? What time paradox?
    Quote Originally Posted by revasky View Post
    To be fair itemization was terrible in vanilla. LOVING THAT SPIRIT ON MY TANK GEAR OH YEA

Druids already can use polearms, not likely to ever get swords.

Make sure to steal Black Ice from your local hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by awake2830
    I want one so bad to simply run around dalaran with it on enchanted with 60 spell power just to watch it sparkle in front of all the hunters.
    Never forget that Justice is what love looks like in public.

Gief Black Ice.. killed KT 20+ times and still no Journey's End, so I'd like to mock Hunters with Black Ice like they mock me with Journey's End.

I got my Journey's End on our first KT kill. >.> Flame on.

Quote Originally Posted by awake2830
    They are stealing our staff, so ..... >
    There is no truth.

there is another thread asking about druids and why they dont get swords...

swords are a weapon, they have no use out side of combat as far as being a tool. (cep in rituals but who cares about that crap)

all of the druid weapons represent weapons you would of found on drudaic cultures around 500 bc - 1200 ad. daggers for anything you need cut, stave/mace/2 handed mace as a blunt object (also mace + dagger = able to cut wood) the polearm is a bit sketchy, however it is the WoW spear weapon class and spears were used, especally with hunting in the earlyer part of the time period i said.

if you look at shaman's blizard has treated them the same way. Most shamanistic socities would have had crude axes, maces, daggers and other blunted objects.

bottem line druids geting a sword is about as likely as warriors geting a +99999999 spell power offhand with no combat ability (ie dammage) on it that is warrior only.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

Wow each passing patch blizzard is either getting lazier themselves or making the game easier... Hey if we let hunters use staves and Druids polearms thats less items we gotta design!the next change I see being added Tanking plate & Dpsing plate being combined in to a generalized plate for both specs...

PS,I think Polearms should been made for Arms warriors...

Quote Originally Posted by ikit
    Wow each passing patch blizzard is either getting lazier themselves or making the game easier... Hey if we let hunters use staves and Druids polearms thats less items we gotta design!the next change I see being added Tanking plate & Dpsing plate being combined in to a generalized plate for both specs...

PS,I think Polearms should been made for Arms warriors...
    I think the next step will be changing healing gear for paladins so they can remove SP-plate entirely from the game. Currently healingplate is useable for 1 out of 30 specs in game. That's the lowest use for any kind of item.

But I disagree with the polearm change is because blizzard is lazy. It's simply to reduce the amount of drops a boss has, to increase the usage of said drops/decrease DE's. Healingplate is the perfect example for this. Why have every boss drop healing plate if only 1 out of 30 classes and specs can use it? Why have polearms drop if only hunters wil be the ones using it (with maybe a few warrior/retridins as exeption to this rule)? Also, a boss having a loot table of 30 items and only dropping max 4 (on herioc, only 2 on normal) is not fun to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Furo
    Gief Black Ice.. killed KT 20+ times and still no Journey's End, so I'd like to mock Hunters with Black Ice like they mock me with Journey's End.
    Look in a calendar when LK was released and count the number of weeks till today, now go back and edit your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormias
    Look in a calendar when LK was released and count the number of weeks till today, now go back and edit your post.
    rofl, thats some good pwnage there
    Quote Originally Posted by Kexmeister
    So, imagine this - 40 priests vs 40 priests in AV:
    Priest 1 MCs Priest 2, Priest 3 MCs Priest 1 who's MC'ed Priest 2 which then gets MC'ed again twice by priest 4, which gets MC'ed by Priest 5.

Later the unstoppable force hits hogger and the world explodes.

tbh wernt pole arms origionally useable by druids, thats what i read many places. and it wasnt just that we got pole arms, it was we got pole arms, and access to 2 handed maces with ot them becomeing druid only while they opened up our staves to hunters and supposedly warriors. though i do wonder why so many dps spec's would go for the tanking stats on some of our staves.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

Rumor has it that druids will be able to dual wield shields in the next patch.

Rumor has it that people hate cut of thread titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormias
    qft
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

Rumor has it that druids are getting a new form in the next patch: "Dire Teddy Bear" (It does the same, looks the same... however will calm party members when they /hug you)