Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hey Dire, where's your pet going?

Has anyone been noticing some really BAD pet AI lately? More so recently? My Felguard constantly goes off target in naxx, and I have to keep redirecting him to the main target. On some fights he engages without any provication at all and without me telling him to as well.

Re: Hey Dire, where's your pet going?

Is your pet level 80? I bet you forgot to get your last gym leader badge with expac, now he wont listen to you.
    Rocket Sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Trolgar
    Is your pet level 80? I bet you forgot to get your last gym leader badge with expac, now he wont listen to you.
    ....... ROFLMAO

On a serius note. Is your pet on agressive? Only non bug exsplanation i can see.
    Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

You win the thread. Forever.

You sir, win the intrawebz!

my main annoyances is when my pet randomly enables and disables his special attacks for no reason.

All the sudden cower is enabled, and rake, claw, and dash, and growl are disabled......

If your vent key is "ctrl" that will do it to you, haha. Happened to me before.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    If your vent key is "ctrl" that will do it to you, haha. Happened to me before.
    ZOMG really?! I was wondering why that happened :OOO

Quote Originally Posted by Hamma
    my main annoyances is when my pet randomly enables and disables his special attacks for no reason.

All the sudden cower is enabled, and rake, claw, and dash, and growl are disabled......
    sooooooooo annoyingggggggg!!

man i hope this bug is fixed soon.

off:
    earth badge FTW. gotta catch em all

on: i have seen this sometimes aswell with my felpuppy just redirect him to maintarget
    All men…are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory! That's why there is war, violence and unrest. Inequality is not evil. Equality is! - Emperor Charles zi Britannia

I noticed that if another mob that wasent being tanked was left alone he would just run up to it and attack it till i switched him back and no not on agressive.

Was Soloing UK on Normal (or trying to).

First tripack went ok...

Second Tripack I pull and wait to send in teh FG ... when I send in the FG he runs out thru the instance door and stays there, enabling em mobs to poke me to death

I have had some issues with my Felguard while swimming and fighting mobs. Sometimes the fg will just not follow me and get stuck at the point where I enter the water, and sometimes he will attack the mob after i direct him to a couple of times and he takes a weird path to get to it. I didn't see any issues like this on my way up from 50 to 70 before Wrath hit, and I haven't played with my FG since Wrath hit until now, so I think it may be caused by something new.

And my FG (and another warlock's FG - we were both in the same group) also did some weird thing on the first boss in AN. As soon as the third watcher and his 2 adds were killed, both felguards immediately went after the boss, without any provocation as far as I can tell. I don't know about the other warlock's, but my fg was on defensive, and I hadn't attacked the boss yet. Perhaps the game counts it as the boss attacking you when his watchers come after you?

Deleted

This is also a problem with my Felguard.

It's pretty recent, I think 3.08 or 3.07

The Felguard sometimes attack, sometimes not, and it doesn't depend on the mode it is in.

Some other times it starts attacking but stops after a while.

Some things I've noticed:

- If he's on defensive and cleaves a mob other than the one you set him on, he will attack that target once his current target is dead, even if it's not struck him.

- If you leave charge on auto-cast he will often charge off the mob he's attacking, then run back, leaving you with a new mob aggro'd from 20 yards away, or a CC'd mob which is now on your FG or healer.

- Sometimes when you tell your FG to charge he will run up to 20ish yards and then just stand still, and not move unless the mob comes to him or you tell it to attack.

- If you have your FG on a mob it and the mob will sometimes slide off into the distance, aggroing other things along the way.

- Nothing specific comes to mind but particular auras can set your pet off if it's on defensive.

On some very specific situations, I think the pet, while in defensive mode, reacts to hidden spell effects or auras, and consider them as an agression.

I saw that, for instance, during phase 1 Gothik on living side, when the adds spawn and haven't dealt a single damage yet.

i hate my felpup not able to go in the room at gluth

him going to start position at thaddius and then auto desummon

being so much retard to not follow me up correctly on heigan

being so stupid against boss like saph (mehhh i will go attack fromnbehing boom tail slash out of range auto desummon) forcing me to use the ever dumbest imp who when in range sometime advance anyway getting cleave in the mouth

pet moving is really bed we shoul have better way to position you pet

like the option to put a standstill area with a green target reticle like when we rain of fire

Only annoying thing I have noticed lately is when my felpuppy and mob just like chase eachother accross the room into other groups of mobs. It's like sometimes they get caught in an infinite loop of trying to get infront of eachother leading to them just running side by side across the room. It only seems to happen when my puppy and the mob have main aggro on eachother, zzzzippp to the other side of the room. Anyone else notice this ever?
    Poë: 80 Gnome Warlock on Draenor
    53/0/18
    2550 spell dmg
    Hit Capped
    17% Haste
    18k health
    4/5 T7.5 now with Hood of Rationality woot!
    80 spriest and 4 other lvl 70 toons I dread the thought of having to level again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rentin
    Only annoying thing I have noticed lately is when my felpuppy and mob just like chase eachother accross the room into other groups of mobs. It's like sometimes they get caught in an infinite loop of trying to get infront of eachother leading to them just running side by side across the room. It only seems to happen when my puppy and the mob have main aggro on eachother, zzzzippp to the other side of the room. Anyone else notice this ever?
    Rentin I have seen that happen with a variety of pets. My void has done it, my felguard does it, and on my DK his ghoul used to do it as well. It's a common problem, however usually it doesn't continue until they hit a wall, usually i'd say they go for about 20 yards or so before they stop and start whackin away at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Potence
    Rentin I have seen that happen with a variety of pets. My void has done it, my felguard does it, and on my DK his ghoul used to do it as well. It's a common problem, however usually it doesn't continue until they hit a wall, usually i'd say they go for about 20 yards or so before they stop and start whackin away at each other.
    Guess it just must be a small glitch in the pet AI, the only time I ever notice it is when he brings back some new friends with him.
    Poë: 80 Gnome Warlock on Draenor
    53/0/18
    2550 spell dmg
    Hit Capped
    17% Haste
    18k health
    4/5 T7.5 now with Hood of Rationality woot!
    80 spriest and 4 other lvl 70 toons I dread the thought of having to level again.