Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tailoring in 3.1?

Is there any kind of news about tailoring recipes in patch 3.1? I'm thinking to drop taloring for something else since atm it is quite unusefull at least for me. But does anyone know if Blizzard will introduce some new "powerfull" recipes in next patch?

Ty in advance for your help

Re: Tailoring in 3.1?

I think there will surely be some new(good) recipes coming with 3.1, I mean it's supposed to be a major content patch right?
    <;~~~~{] -____- )|:-~=(}

I doubt there will be much as far as tailoring patterns. I think the only good recipe that dropped in ssc/tk was the belt of blasting so maybe we'll get lucky and get an equivalent? Doubtful.

I think what we are all hoping for is a better enchant style bonus. Seeing as how the tailoring cloak enchants are barely better than +haste or wisdom

Blizzard has said that bop crafted items will never be best in slot again, so feel safe dropping tailoring for something useful.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Silendal
    Is there any kind of news about tailoring recipes in patch 3.1? I'm thinking to drop tailoring for something else since atm it is quite useless at least for me. But does anyone know if Blizzard will introduce some new "powerful" recipes in next patch?

Ty in advance for your help
    None of the professions are particularly useful right now. WLK saw a dramatic decline in the quality of crafted items. In truth, if you really want to switch professions, blacksmithing and jewelcrafting are probably the ones to chase, since you get extra sockets from BS and the self-only gems from JC. Tailoring offers the alternate cloak enchants, alternate shoulder enchants, and alternate leg enchants, none of which are terrible, but none of which are make or break either--which is by design; Blizzard doesn't want players to feel pigeon-holed into certain professions based on class/spec. The result is that profession-created items are mediocre...not unlike your grammar and spelling

Drop tailoring. Its pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Holy4Life
    None of the professions are particularly useful right now. WLK saw a dramatic decline in the quality of crafted items. In truth, if you really want to switch professions, blacksmithing and jewelcrafting are probably the ones to chase, since you get extra sockets from BS and the self-only gems from JC. Tailoring offers the alternate cloak enchants, alternate shoulder enchants, and alternate leg enchants, none of which are terrible, but none of which are make or break either--which is by design; Blizzard doesn't want players to feel pigeon-holed into certain professions based on class/spec. The result is that profession-created items are mediocre...not unlike your grammar and spelling
    Tailors have shoulder enchants??

Tailors get mediocre cloak enchants and the same leg enchants as everyone else except at a cheaper cost and a silly carpet...lol.

Why does a tailor get the same +50sp leg enchant that everyone else can get when JC's get gems that give 32sp X3 which gives you 69sp more then people who use 3 regular blue gems. Inscription gets a shoulder enchant that gives you 37 more SP then any non scribe can get, BS have extra sockets which can also help boost your DPS. As a tailor you get a carpet, GG.

They are punishing the tailoring profession for being one of the most OP profs in BC (every clothie was a tailor) and tailors are unlikely to see much of anything good for a long time.

Make yourself 4-5 leg enchant kits, enough to last you plenty of upgrades and ditch that crap prof unless carpet > being the best damage you can be.

Cloth is so easy to farm anyway, if they ever make something good you can level it up again.

ptr will be out soon, we will see if tailoring gets some love. if not i will drop it for four hour superflasks.
    Awesome since 1986 - Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Priestgirl09
    Its hard when you have something like 400 patterns and max skill. I understand why, I understand its better etc etc..

But its just hard I love my profession hehe! I don't see myself quitting.
    I had hard feelings too, but honestly whos gonna want your belt of blasting now anyway?...lol

And i made sure i had plenty of cloth in the bank to get back over 400 anytime....lol

Quote Originally Posted by stonedviper
    Tailors have shoulder enchants??
    I would like to have that enchant on cap and that free compo craft on the leg craft or give away engineer for tailor

Quote Originally Posted by Priestgirl09
    The cloak enchants are worthless.
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminair
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    Lightweave for a dps caster works out to around 60 dps I think it was figured out, which is far less useful than the max haste enchant to cloak.

They are punishing the tailoring profession for being one of the most OP profs in BC (every clothie was a tailor) and tailors are unlikely to see much of anything good for a long time.
    Yes, because the lead designers are actually a circle of bloodthirsty, vengeful warlords who aim their barrage of nerf-arrows at the things that have angered them the most and nerf it until it has been shot over 9,000 times in the head.

What you call a "punishment", couldn't be any far from it. This "punishment" is actually 4 months of a live game which has it's primary goal to gear everyone up as much as possible for the upcoming raids/seasons, and deal with the smaller issues later.

100th post, and lol..."punishment."
    Rule# 1: Do not turn a creature of lesser intelligence into a creature of higher intelligence - Cerebral brain function rarely translates in a polymorph... But sometimes it does. Voracious creatures such as serpents and wolves need not have their predatory instincts honed with a human mind. We feel obligated to quote Small Claims Disaster Case 12651-B, Labeled, "Bartholomew: The Bear who Bears Arms."
    -Polymorphic Rules and Regulations.

I'll chime in too. Tailoring is worthless right now. Biggest waste of time spent leveling ever. And anyone who tries to say otherwise is smoking crack, plain and simple. Lightweave is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Discobiscuit
    I'll chime in too. Tailoring is worthless right now. Biggest waste of time spent leveling ever. And anyone who tries to say otherwise is smoking crack, plain and simple. Lightweave is a joke.
    Lightweave actually is better than haste. This has been proven time and again not only by spreadsheats but also wws parcing. Most of the information can be found out on elitestjerks.com. Lightweave is yes lacklust, however for casters it beats the haste enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Discobiscuit
    Clearly Lightweave is only tailoring enchant?

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna
    Clearly Lightweave is only tailoring enchant?
    Yes lightweave is a tailoring enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    Yes lightweave is a tailoring enchant.
    What i meant to say is this is the only cloack enchant made by tailors.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna
    What i meant to say is this is the only cloack enchant made by tailors.
    Yes and it is only usuable by tailors.