Thread: 1 step PvP fix?

1 step PvP fix?

Make Demonic circle have an effect similar to grounding totem, that either makes you immune to any form of CC while in it, or causes this effect to "tick" every 2-4 seconds, removing ONE CC on any1 in your party, in the circle.

The second option would also be great for AoEing trash that stuns, as you could drop it on the tank.

Good idea, or bad one?

Edit: forgot to add that I believe this would still be balanced because SEVERELY limits mobility, and maybe a wider circle would help, but oh well.
    1. You're reading my comment
    2. Now you're saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
    4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
    5. You're checking it now.
    6. You're smiling.
    7. You're still reading my comment.
    8. You know all you have read is true.
    10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
    11. You're checking it now.
    12. You didn't notice there are only 10 facts

Re: 1 step PvP fix?

sounds op to me. anything that is remotely a buff to locks is op. giving the circle snare removal=op. "we have decided to make curse of weakness lower the targets ap by 2 more points!"=op.

the best pvp lock fix will always be a nerf while buffing other classes.

seriously tho the idea isnt that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

^^^

ty, but i don't understand the "locks are fine" bit, but appreciate the compliment.
    1. You're reading my comment
    2. Now you're saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
    4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
    5. You're checking it now.
    6. You're smiling.
    7. You're still reading my comment.
    8. You know all you have read is true.
    10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
    11. You're checking it now.
    12. You didn't notice there are only 10 facts

I definitely thing there's room for talents or base tweaks for Demonic Circle. A deep demo or destro talent to up damage when standing on it or for x seconds after porting to it would be a nice easy way to bring them up the the Affliction level.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedfaith
    Make Demonic circle have an effect similar to grounding totem, that either makes you immune to any form of CC while in it, or causes this effect to "tick" every 2-4 seconds, removing ONE CC on any1 in your party, in the circle.

The second option would also be great for AoEing trash that stuns, as you could drop it on the tank.

Good idea, or bad one?

Edit: forgot to add that I believe this would still be balanced because SEVERELY limits mobility, and maybe a wider circle would help, but oh well.
    what class r u talkin about?
    Kiyoshi - 80 Death Knight on Anvilmar
    Azas - 80 Hunter on Anvilmar
    Sagess - 46 Druid on Anvilmar

I hate demonic circle as it is for confining me to a 40 yard radius. It's so stupid in bgs. Every 40 yards stop and drop a new circle or else its useless. Warriors should have to drop a circle every time they move 40 yards or else not get to use intercept.

Giving the circle an effect you have to stand in the circle for makes it even more confining. I have better things to do with my time than always trying to stand in my little circle, never moving away from it.

I believe a few upgrades for breaking CC would be nice for us. But atm if you want to do arena or pvp, just find yourself a good healer, you play well with and there is no way you can lose.
    With experience comes gear, with gear comes better rating. As an affl. lock playing with a holy pally in 2s, I have no problem beating most all teams. I honestly have nothing to QQ about. I think blizz is trying to even the playing field for pvp alot more than they used to. With s6 on its way and more resil, I think that locks will have they're glory soon enough.

armory me Søurdiesel Alt 0248 for the o

I shred crit warlocks for about 5-7K and 5pt Ferocious Bite crit them for 13K+. They can't fear me with trinket + berserk + talented fear reduction. They literally can do nothing. Skill doesn't factor in. I almost feel bad for them. Sometimes they get a death coil off, but I kitty leap back and eat their face.

It's pretty obvious from my perspective (kitty that eats warlock face) that they need some kind of escape mechanism.

Make Death Coil so that it cannot be resisted, and pierces through all absorption effects. That way we can escape a rogue for 3 sec more :P

Or you can make demonic circle so that its usable while stunned, but not dispell the stun. You would be left in a predictable area stunned, but away from your target for a bit.

Hmm, how about something like: Spell-Doppleganger--Your pet takes on your likeness. What do you think? Gives a possibility of someone mistakenly attacking your pet instead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanesa
    what class r u talkin about?
    Thread path :
    MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft Guides and Raid Strategies > Forum > Wrath of the Lich King - Classes > Class - Warlock > 1 step PvP fix?

Now go back and delete your post before more people sees it and think you're stupid.

Thanks.
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

Quote Originally Posted by direlock
    Hmm, how about something like: Spell-Doppleganger--Your pet takes on your likeness. What do you think? Gives a possibility of someone mistakenly attacking your pet instead of you.
    That reminds me of the time my 2v2 partner stopped dpsing a hunter in arena when the hunter FD'd. I still don't let him live that down.