Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Disc vs Holy in raids

Again, which holy can do better. Prep with a shield and a PoM. Disc can do this. Their shields Are better. Their PoM IS weaker. AoE hits. We CoH, PoH, PoH, CoH. What can you do? PoH is all you can do. All the while we can squeeze out more AoE healing, whilst our better PoM is pinging about.

The maxim has already been stated: Disc = single target and group healer. Holy = Versatile allround healer specifically AoE orientated.

Or you can roll shaman with a Riptide-Chain heal macro and faceroll your way through raid healing. That's just Kel being an ass, but hey I do it well, right?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

In upcoming 3.1...
    " Discipline has access to a new talent, Power Word: Barrier. (Think of it as Power Word: Shield for your whole group).
    Several area of effect (AOE) heal spells have been improved: Prayer of Healing can be cast on any groups in your raid party."
    PoH will be heal based on which group you select (like old CoH)
    And Disc will receive Power Word: Barrier

Picture this (25man raid, 5 groups, Disc priest in group 1)

A Disc priest Preemptively shields targets before an AoE storm.
    --AoE hits--
    Disc priest casts a Hasted Inner Focus'd Prayer of Healing on group 2 (Heal+Divine Aegis) (2.28sec cast from borrowed time)
    Disc priest casts Power Word: Barrier on group 1 (instant?...1.5 sec GCD)
    Disc priests casts another Hasted Prayer of Healing on group 3. (2.28sec cast from PW:B's Borrowed Time)
    (assuming that PW:B sets off borrowed time like PW:S does).

That would be 15 raid members healed in like...6 sec.
    Estimating each PoH heals for 5k (no glyph for HoT), and PW:B shields for 6k(w/ 1.2k heal)...

Thats 56k in healing, 30k in shields...for ~14,000 HPS... (not counting preemptive shields)
    This would be like...ultra burst healing for the period immediately after a big aoe hit.

Broken? Maybe

I was gonna post something about the OO5SR here but i decided not to as people would most likley argue about it, so ill just keep it simple.

Difference between holy & disc = OO5SR
    Mana efficency + good healing
    Disc get mana back, via rupture, Shields, flash H, penance, DA, the more we heal = more mana back.
    Holy gets mana back from GH when healing with overheal(which will be changed in 3.1)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    You can cast PoM though, which as Holy, is far more effective than disc. Depending on spec as well, PoH is also superior to it's disc version.
    On the other hand, disc has tendency to crit way more than holy - which offsets the smaller amount, since our crit > holy crit with DA proccing.
    Besides, what we lose to Pom is, 16% from various talents. Depending how they stack. On the other hand we gain longevity. Still, DA proccing does offset that we heal less by one.

But like said earlier, predictable damage gives us option to preheal with PWS - option which holy does not have.

CoH is overrated atm, it's not a big heal, it's a buffer, the op'ness of it was based on spammability. One cast just didn't heal THAT much. And like said, PWS +PoH is quite close, but the heal is considerable.

Neeklus: No, PoH isn't all we do. We do PWS -> hasted PoH. Or PWS, FH, FH, PWS, depending which group is getting hurt.

Edit: Iwachiten: Anything that does 6k shield to 5 raid/group members with instant cast, or doesen't have goddamn long cd, is severely op. Even if group would be affected by Weakened soul similarity. I'm looking forward to commonly used with either no cd or minimal cd, and not some 10min imba group-absorption spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cianxo
    Neeklus: No, PoH isn't all we do. We do PWS -> hasted PoH. Or PWS, FH, FH, PWS, depending which group is getting hurt.
    Which is, like I've said, inferior to how holy can heal a group. No matter how you slice it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    Which is, like I've said, inferior to how holy can heal a group. No matter how you slice it.
    And yet, the only difference there is is the fact that you cast CoH once every 6 seconds? Lightwell would seriously give you an edge on raid healing, CoH, however, does not. What is it, 2k healing per person? It looks good on meters, being easy to snipe the heals, however, it does nothing but delay death if casted alone. PWS, FH, PoH, they all save lifes by themselves. And at most, you can cast one CoH every 6 seconds, after that you're below discipline, since we're given haste on every 2nd cast.

However, there is absolutely nothing we can do to answer against Lightwell [best guess would be PI, but even that's way behind]. While on 3 min cd, it heals 10 guys up with one GCD. Assuming you're running with intelligent people. And have specced into it. With one point, there really isn't a reason why you shouldn't. I'm serious.

greenmasheen

right now, disc is just a healing spec for gimped gear... its really not bad, but you will never truely be as good a single target healer as a holy paly, and holy priest has better aoe healing.

with the 3.1 patch, disc may be better for raiding... who knows... time will tell.

greenmasheen

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Or you can roll shaman with a Riptide-Chain heal macro and faceroll your way through raid healing. That's just Kel being an ass, but hey I do it well, right?
    its funny because its true.... lolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    ...or reflective shields.
    They're also removing this talent.

Quote Originally Posted by enoesiw
    They're also removing this talent.
    Actually, it is moved. And made into a 2 talent points talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahijnu
    Actually, it is moved. And made into a 2 talent points talent.
    And still haven't fixed it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Iwachiten
    In upcoming 3.1...
    PoH will be heal based on which group you select (like old CoH)
    And Disc will receive Power Word: Barrier

Picture this (25man raid, 5 groups, Disc priest in group 1)

A Disc priest Preemptively shields targets before an AoE storm.
    --AoE hits--
    Disc priest casts a Hasted Inner Focus'd Prayer of Healing on group 2 (Heal+Divine Aegis) (2.28sec cast from borrowed time)
    Disc priest casts Power Word: Barrier on group 1 (instant?...1.5 sec GCD)
    Disc priests casts another Hasted Prayer of Healing on group 3. (2.28sec cast from PW:B's Borrowed Time)
    (assuming that PW:B sets off borrowed time like PW:S does).

That would be 15 raid members healed in like...6 sec.
    Estimating each PoH heals for 5k (no glyph for HoT), and PW:B shields for 6k(w/ 1.2k heal)...

Thats 56k in healing, 30k in shields...for ~14,000 HPS... (not counting preemptive shields)
    This would be like...ultra burst healing for the period immediately after a big aoe hit.

Broken? Maybe
    I thought they removed Power Word: Barrier?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

There has been no word on it or it's implementation in the 3.1 patchnotes. So it's either been killed off, still being polished for release later, or a massive suprise.