Thread: v3.1 Dispersion

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

v3.1 Dispersion

Being that dispersion will remove snares for shadowpriests once the shadowpriest is snared, once the shadowpriests is no longer dispered, will there be a time that the shadowpriest cannot be snared? I know that rogues snare poison will be re-applyed on the next swing. And I think (correct me if I'm wrong) a warrior can re-apply hamstring because its in instant cast.

I am excited to see if this will change anything. From what we know now, its just prolonging a shadowpriests life by maybe a 2-3 seconds. (ie. it changes nothing)

Thoughts?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: v3.1 Dispersion

War... war never changes...
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted

It doesn't change anything.They can re-apply the snare right away, even if you still are dispersing. Blizzard just doesn't give a shit about it, but they are forced to give something = they give some useless crap.

Deleted

It will propably not change much, since we can still get cc'd while dispersing.

I will think of it a bit and edit this post later. Cant come up with anything at the moment.

edit: the only thing I could come up with is having fade work like a pvp trinket when specced in improved shadowform, or simply a vanish.

15+ Year Old Account

That wouldn't be enough. Make imp. fade act like (imp.) blessing of freedom and we be talkin'.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted

Looks like blizzard finally figured out that against some classes there is just no way we stand a chance.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    Looks like blizzard finally figured out that against some classes there is just no way we stand a chance.
    What makes you think so?

I think they should make us able to cast spells while dispersing. Its the only way to make the spell worth anything. Make it more like a paladin bubble. Since we can still be cc'd while dispersing why not let us cast a heal or get a mind blast off for once.

I also think they should get rid of the improved vampiric embrace talent and make a 2-point improved vampiric touch talent. Which reduces cast time to make it an instant cast.

Just my opinion. It won't fix it all, but it would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Trendkilla
    I also think they should get rid of the improved vampiric embrace talent and make a 2-point improved vampiric touch talent. Which reduces cast time to make it an instant cast.
    Changing that helps PvP, but has serious PvE implications too (you would see a HUGE Spriest DPS boost from making VT instant). Whatever PvP help we get, we're probably going to get it from Dispersion, Fade or some kind of combination of the two.

what if while in dispersion you could only cast mindflay? Hey something is better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominada
    what if while in dispersion you could only cast mindflay? Hey something is better than nothing.

LoL, how about a mind flay that effects all enemies in a 20 yard radius lol. Would be kinda cool to see a bunch of mind flay bolts coming out of a shadow cloud. lol.

The only way to use this change is to wait for fear+dispersion to create distance or have a teammate provide some sort of disable. I don't like this because that means that you lose either the dr or the slow removal since it will rarely come into play at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sausagefan
    Changing that helps PvP, but has serious PvE implications too (you would see a HUGE Spriest DPS boost from making VT instant). Whatever PvP help we get, we're probably going to get it from Dispersion, Fade or some kind of combination of the two.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't play a caster as a main. But isn't a 1.5 second cast essentially instant in a case where you don't have to move (ie. most of PvE)? 1.5s GCD or 1.5s casting seems the same to me.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

Or we could jump on the waaambulance like locks did and ask that MF apply VT and SWP because our rotation is too complicated. :

Reminder:

It removes snares, but does not make you immune to them. Just as fade does now.

Utterly useless, just as before. But we get Dual Spec , means we'll just pvp as Disciplin. Shadow is deaaaaaaaaaaaad.

I still believe they need to remove the silence effect during dispersion... the fact that we're not immune to anything during the effect means it doesn't need to be compared to pally bubble. There is nothing stopping an opponent, silencing, interrupting, stunning, snaring you during the effect. The worry of spriests using it to offensivly beat on someone without the possiblity of being countered is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Haskel
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't play a caster as a main. But isn't a 1.5 second cast essentially instant in a case where you don't have to move (ie. most of PvE)? 1.5s GCD or 1.5s casting seems the same to me.
    Wat? How is 1.5s cast (1.5s cast) = 0s cast (instant)?

Instants, you push the button and the spell happens immediately, then the GCD. Disc priests essentially rely on instants to not get interrupted. Shadow, on the other hand, has VT, MB and Flay all easily interrupted and then you're locked out of shadow. If flay's damage was cut in 1/2 and turned into a 1.5 sec 0 cooldown nuke like a corrupt flash heal, it would be so much better but still bad.

We need a "Shadow Nova" instead of this holy nova crap we have now that takes us outta shadow form...but instead of doing li'l dmg and a lot of healing, it should be the opposite!!! OR.....just completely get rid of any type of silence/stun/immobility effects all together and just let everyone have to DPS or Heal through everything. DKs/rogues/Ret Pallies/Shamans/Warlocks could survive with one less CC ability/healing spell

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    What makes you think so?
    I have said before that we don't think Arena is fun when healers are immortal until mana-drained. However, we also don't think Arena is fun when someone always dies in the opening few seconds. The matches need to last long enough for something to actually happen -- for you to decide who you are going to attack or how to respond to their actions. If someone literally has almost no response for your attacks then that is not skill that is allowing you to win matches (and I am not just talking to rogues here). (Source)
    quoted from the frontpage

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tmasterg
    We need a "Shadow Nova" instead of this holy nova crap we have now that takes us outta shadow form...but instead of doing li'l dmg and a lot of healing, it should be the opposite!!! OR.....just completely get rid of any type of silence/stun/immobility effects all together and just let everyone have to DPS or Heal through everything. DKs/rogues/Ret Pallies/Shamans/Warlocks could survive with one less CC ability/healing spell
    Or have mindsear work on friendly targets, it doesnt hurt the primary target anyway.