Thread: v3.1 Dispersion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: v3.1 Dispersion

Quote Originally Posted by frott
    Wat? How is 1.5s cast (1.5s cast) = 0s cast (instant)?

Instants, you push the button and the spell happens immediately, then the GCD. Disc priests essentially rely on instants to not get interrupted. Shadow, on the other hand, has VT, MB and Flay all easily interrupted and then you're locked out of shadow. If flay's damage was cut in 1/2 and turned into a 1.5 sec 0 cooldown nuke like a corrupt flash heal, it would be so much better but still bad.
    read the whole thread.... he was talk'in about sausage who said that making vT an instant cast would improve PvE dps.... (lol) which is not the case... it wouldnt change anything to pve dps...may be on heavy moving bosses....

Quote Originally Posted by Trendkilla

LoL, how about a mind flay that effects all enemies in a 20 yard radius lol. Would be kinda cool to see a bunch of mind flay bolts coming out of a shadow cloud. lol.
    Yarr! or some cool pulse-knockback with a bit of dmg every 1.5 sec for the duration. lol idd

We disperse into pure energy...surely pure energy is lighter than a body? Also how can you hamstring a cloud?

Should give us a sprint affect and make us immune to snares on top of the mana. This might let us get a little distance till the next...o wait nm melee have about 5 ways to close on ranged anyway.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by atf
    Or we could jump on the waaambulance like locks did and ask that MF apply VT and SWP because our rotation is too complicated. :
    What an unqualified comment...

Please play a lock pre 3.1 and tell me that the rotation is not harder than that of a spriest...

Morons around here...

15+ Year Old Account

Hitting buttons in a predefined cycle is hard, m'kay?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Personally I think that specs who have to both juggle dots and cooldowns as well as watch procs are the toughest. Affliction has a lot of buttons to press, but the instant shadowbolts aren't really hard to make the most out of. And shadowpriests have no procs at all that makes you adjust your sequence after them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan
    Personally I think that specs who have to both juggle dots and cooldowns as well as watch procs are the toughest. Affliction has a lot of buttons to press, but the instant shadowbolts aren't really hard to make the most out of. And shadowpriests have no procs at all that makes you adjust your sequence after them.
    That's a PvE style concern which really doesn't bother me; classes don't all have to be the same. Some extra dispel protection would be the most I'd ask for damage boosting in PvP; our burst is decent with chaining MB - SW: D. Extra defense is absolutely the main issue with shadow, everything else is secondary.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sausagefan
    Some extra dispel protection would be the most I'd ask for damage boosting in PvP;
    The last time I was able to cast MB in PVP was like... Patch 2.4?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Healing class

L2roll class

Oh and the excuse "waaa waa waaa what about all the other hybrids" They are hybrids.. Priests are primary healers.. Whine about that and you got a case..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv
    Healing class

L2roll class

Oh and the excuse "waaa waa waaa what about all the other hybrids" They are hybrids.. Priests are primary healers.. Whine about that and you got a case..
    GC said every class besides Hunter/Mage/Warlock/Rogue is hybrid. Punctum. Now GTFO of this thread before my blood boils even more...

Quote Originally Posted by Sausagefan
    That's a PvE style concern which really doesn't bother me; classes don't all have to be the same. Some extra dispel protection would be the most I'd ask for damage boosting in PvP; our burst is decent with chaining MB - SW: D. Extra defense is absolutely the main issue with shadow, everything else is secondary.
    werent they talk'in about to make Dot not dispelable.. i thought they want to revamp the whole dispel mechanic.

Hmmm. If they gave back the healing, made it make you immune to and still able to cast, then shadow priests might have some sort of chance in PVP.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Hmmm. If they gave back the healing, made it make you immune to and still able to cast, then shadow priests might have some sort of chance in PVP.
    The sad thing about this is, and I agree with what you're saying:

If they would completely overpower dispersion (basically a palabubble that heals you automatically) shadowpriests might have some sort of chance in PVP. We need a complete class redesign for PVP I think. Or 2-3 REAL escape skills.

Well, if they really are moving away from random stuns, I would like a ranged stun in exchange for blackout. And yes, some way to actually get away from people would be quite nice as well.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Torment Mind - If attacked while dispersed, the attacker cowers in pain for 5 seconds.

I'm tired of being killed while in dispersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mstone2005
    Torment Mind - If attacked while dispersed, the attacker cowers in pain for 5 seconds.

I'm tired of being killed while in dispersion.
    Make the "cower" effect noone magic and we might got a winner
    ...who am i kidding, if they trinket outa it they still gonna resist fear, like all classes do

Quote Originally Posted by Trendkilla

LoL, how about a mind flay that effects all enemies in a 20 yard radius lol. Would be kinda cool to see a bunch of mind flay bolts coming out of a shadow cloud. lol.
    I had a similar suggestion. Give dispersion an AOE type effect similar to a void zone
    Whole
    US-Nathrezim Horde

Dispersion is a funny spell, a bit like Mana Shield. It could be so much more powerful if you could cast it on enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv
    Healing class

L2roll class

Negativ.
    Priest isn't primarily a healer. Where do you see "ambulance" written over priest's head? L2 drop troll form.

They also have to make it absorb dmg for already cast attacks, like PW:S, i still get crit up to 5k after 1 sec when i popped dispersion, and no, it's no lag they should make it like PW:S or immune/reflecting+hp%