Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Shadow Priest DPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Shadow21
    why does it make you sad its a extra 200 SP
    Do you even play a shadow priest...? :

ya i do. Really tell me why its sad i know theres other trinkets that i could get that give u crit and a chance to incrase SP.

ya i do. Really tell me why its sad i know theres other trinkets that i could get that give u crit and a chance to incrase SP.
    He's probably trying to say that he's frustrated that a not altogether competent shadow priest has a trinket he's probably been farming for a couple of months and never seen/gotten.

Illustration is the best in slot trinket for a shadow priest. 200 sp is priceless in comparison to crit and on chance sp. Even if you're lucky with procs every 45 seconds (never happens), 200 constant sp averages out to be far superior to the chance on hit.

ah ok

http://wowwebstats.com/soze1nxj56uew?s=1037-33012

my WWS from the maly 25 the other night.

so should i try for haste and crit on sockets (after im hit capped) or go for one or the other?

so should i try for haste and crit on sockets (after im hit capped) or go for one or the other?
    Crit provides a higher net benefit than haste, but they scale each other. Most Spriests I see socket +9SP/+8crit in their yellow sockets and +19SP in their red sockets (with two token blue gems somewhere for the meta), and then balance haste into the mix through gear.

The only gems I use for my shadow gear are 9 sp 8 crit (where the bonus added to the gem is a higher pseudopower than a 19 sp gem), 2x 9 sp 8 spi and the rest 19 sp.

www.shadowpriest.com

Click the link at the top that says Best Raiding Geart WOTLK

Ya i checked it out before thanks!

Hey just want to see what my other Shadow Priests Dps is. On most fights i can do 3500+ i have around 3000 Spell Power in 25 mans. My rotation is SW p, VT, DP, MB, VE, Mind Flay repeat as needed. Heres my aromory.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ak&n=Zanielmum
    You don't have 3000 in a raid, not even close. With that bad gear.

Get a meta gem as your first priority ever. And stop using 4 piece T7.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    You don't have 3000 in a raid, not even close. With that bad gear.

Get a meta gem as your first priority ever. And stop using 4 piece T7.
    2000 base + 200trink+~120 with imp div spirit w/kings+125flask+46 food +280 ToW=2771 and if amory doesn't add inner fire, then he could be close.

Edit: With that much spell power in a raid, you should be able to do much higher dps. I can do around 3400 with 1970 self buffed spell power. You are seriously lacking hit if you wear the gear config currently on your armory.

I got around 2180 unbuffed, and roughly 2600 buffed when flasks&food.

3000? far off, 2700 is not close to 3000.

Edit: 2526 with flask'n'food'n'innerfire: http://www.twilight-wizard.net/public/media/apoints.jpg

Read again, I stated IF armory doesn't add buffs ie inner fire (have never checked) then yes, unless my math is off, he could be pretty damn close, closer that 2700.

Armoury don't add in buffs. Also, Improved Divine Spirit don't stack with Flametongue Totem.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerlove
    Read again, I stated IF armory doesn't add buffs ie inner fire (have never checked) then yes, unless my math is off, he could be pretty damn close, closer that 2700.
    Your math is off. 2000 unbuffed does not equal 3000 raid buffed, even with a 500 trinket proc.

Looking at the gear the big issues are:

1. being enough under hit cap for it to matter (missing a dev plague screws your dps).
    2. no meta
    3. 4 piece valor
    4. bad rings/trinket - use token to replace them. sundial is a nobrainer.

That said, 3500 dps is meaningless. On some fights its low, on others its high. On yet others mind sear does high DPS without actually contributing meaningfully to the fight. Searing junk adds on sarth, being the only AEr on gluth.

Skillwise there is really just landing VT so they overlap as much as possible (doesn't add / subtract that much DPS if you just wait) and having a good rotation during heroism: flay more with heroism/bloodlust, over refreshing DP/VT. Knowing when to death and when to not bother deathing helps a ton. Basically if you can flay it should always do more dps than death, but there are situations where that isn't true or you can't flay. Not many.

Experience have taught me that not standing in fires is more important than dps :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Experience have taught me that not standing in fires is more important than dps :-)
    i heard it gives you a buff

Deleted

Hey just want to see what my other Shadow Priests Dps is. On most fights i can do 3500+ i have around 3000 Spell Power in 25 mans. My rotation is SW p, VT, DP, MB, VE, Mind Flay repeat as needed. Heres my aromory.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ak&n=Zanielmum
    Like many other prolly have mentioned do something about your rotation.Only cast SW:P when u have 5 stacks of shadow weaving... VT - DP - MF(clip when u have the 2 stacks) - MB - SW:P

My WWS for PatchW http://wowwebstats.com/6u6cymvjee3am...=334383-359769 (still slacking on VT )