Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Death knight / Warlock

has anyone tryed this combo? if so can u link the specs that u went and glyphs u use and some strat. how do u think this combo would work?

Re: Death knight / Warlock

Also looking to see if anyone has tried this combo. It seems like it could be viable if the dk peels well and the lock is geared. Any more info on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

I've never seen this comp, but any comp is possible given skill.

If i were trying to make a Gib team id go with Rogue Ret Mage DK combos.

Fab 4 ftw?

Quote Originally Posted by DuesEx
    I've never seen this comp, but any comp is possible given they dont run into DK/pally teams.
    Fix'd

I've played against this combo at 1700+ so must be decent, although we did face roll them :P

Warlock is a total victim in most cases unless played real well. Either way, he will be targeted without a doubt, and if theres a rogue the warlock wouldn't get the chance to apply more then a couple of dots before dying.

DK can only do so much, and is easily kited by a lot of classes
    Hi

Weaker than most double dps classes especially against rogue/mage. The warlock will die before he gets even 1 dot off.

You'll beat bad teams but it wont go far. Locks require a little more help than a DK can provide. They either need a partner that can heal them or CC and DKs can't do either well enough.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Have played against a 2000+ team. Actually, we won most, but lost one. Don't underestimate them, but I got no armory link to help you.

well i play lock DK now since we started dropping pve for full pvp playing, at the beginning it was a lot of trying with what spec we should go, in the end unholy/haunt sl worked out best just sucked by that time we were already at terrible rating and now slowly climbing up, the basic thing is youre dk needs to know exactly how to peel the dps of the lock. most of the time if i get the chance to fully dot both targets its a win for us since the control on most healers is pretty nice since you got chains deathgrip strangulate fear skillcoil IHOT spell lock and some other interuptions on the healer.

there is just one thing if we meet a hunter the only chance is me hiding till the dk has almost killed the hunter and then show myself purely to skillcoil/fear the healer cause hunters rape my ass more then anything

Tried this, and it basically went like this:
    See (or not if druid/rogue stealth) check opponents, have the DK charge in, while Lock tries to keep one feared, (depending,) the DK will be about half health if the opponent was dps (DK is unholy) Lock was dead about.. 10-20 seconds once the fighting began. even demo spec'ed.
    now.. DK and a Mage... that would be an amazing combo. (for Dps/Dps anyway.)
    my two cents.
    War doesn't decide who's right, It decides who's left.
    FOR PONY!!!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Gerian
    Fix'd
    Yes, you know stuff about arena balance @ 1500 ratings.

The glory days of faceroll OP'ness of Paladin/DK ended like 2 months ago when peopel started gearing up.

Hehe fun to read some of this :b Im at 2k rating together with a DK m8 atm. Yes it is a hard setup to play and you really need to learn how to play to survive longer than 10 sec :P. Im meta/destro specc ofc gem stamina and resi to survive and demon armorn on in most cases. It is kinda fun setup actually since you have really nice burst and most double dps setups are easy to win over. But as we all know warlocks survivability sucks and some setups are close to impossible, such as hunter paladin. Hunter can easily kill you before we can do enough dmg on pally or hunter. (damn buble)

.. anyway , dont mind the bullshit that some ppl wrote before here that DK/lock dont have a chanse agains other double dps team .. We actually want to go agains double dps team .. mage/rogue is fun games if you know how to do it.

mupps could you paste an armory link with that info plz? not to check evidence just i play same setup and like to see others doing it since youre rating is way higher then mine were just slowly climbing up now so it would help me alot ty

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Yes, you know stuff about arena balance @ 1500 ratings.

The glory days of faceroll OP'ness of Paladin/DK ended like 2 months ago when peopel started gearing up.
    lol im playing in the 1900/2000 bracket , warrior/rogue.. and EVERY TIME we meet holydin DK , i see the DK at 26k+ health , paladin at 22k+ health its like... lets afk out ...

To the OP : Kiting might be the way , but it needs coordination beyond everything really... basically you and the DK need to assign who does what , fear , freeze , fear , freeze .. switch it around basically whilst you dot them up , the DK chops the (healer?) while trowing in the freeze on whatever is trying to gib you ... and you are free to DoT
    whenever he gets to close , have him death grip... whenever theres a rogue , you use trinket+demon circle to get away , and the DK has free game on the rogue while you fear/skillcoil the healer...
    feral druids / surv hunters will be hardest for your comp , since they counter your weak points (mobility) with their mobility. But i wish you good luck. and make sure to post your results!
    and holydin+anything you should be able to beat , with appropriate timing
    first play 100-200 matches together before you judge tough , it takes a while to get to know each others playstyle

Quote Originally Posted by Hatsumomo
    mupps could you paste an armory link with that info plz? not to check evidence just i play same setup and like to see others doing it since youre rating is way higher then mine were just slowly climbing up now so it would help me alot ty

sure --> http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rrow&n=Nospoon

as you can see haunt/sl specc atm, tried that for a while but didnt go that very well .. gonna try some haunt/sl in 3vs3 now

Do you always start with a voidwalker?? I guess so, if you want to survive the initial focus. Maybe this could be viable if the warlock is well geared and the dk always focus on the heavy dps guy.Though, i don't see how you can survive against double melee teams, ie retri / warrior or rogue/retri.

I have a couple of DK's I like to run with from time to time and I'm curious what you all think of this setup.
    basically the DK does his aoe deth grip. followed by a warlock shadowfury then pop my burst macro
    cast Dark Soul: Knowledge
    /use Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
    /cast Grimoire: Felguard
    /cast Axe Toss
    /cast Felstorm

and finish up with meta and 2x Chaos Wave.

You just bumped 09' thread, back when warlocks had like minos 2 defensive cooldowns, and had like 6 spells in their arsenal.
    so all of this isnt relavent anymore, warlocks are a hell cannon tankers, though dk are now at the shorter end of the stick.
    we'v come a long way since wotlk

Any double DPS team can work relatively well considering how many self-heals and escapes most classes have these days.

So long as both players know their class well and how to peel for their partner or escape and reset, it's worth giving it a shot. Would recommend Frost for the DK, considering how insane the burst is and Demo for the lock.