Deleted

Demonology tree qq...

Improved Enslave Demon and Demonic Sacrifice are still in demonology tree?... unbeliavable... theyre practically useless...

Whose ever used enslave demon exept to either have fun or cc? who'd want to spend 1-2 talents to improve such a "worthless" spell like that...

Demonic sacrifice ... whose seriously gonna use that talent nowadays? It is maybe viable if used when pet is gonna die... and if our pet dies... well... we're surely next in line no matter if you sacrifice it or it is killed (in pvp).. and if ur demonology specced why would u wna kill ur pet in an instance for example? health funnel gg.

And what about Fel Domination? alone it decreases casting time to summon a pet by 5.5 secs (out of 10 secs)... so u'll need 4.5 secs to summon one (which is still a pretty long cast time)... with another 2 talent points you could get the talent useful... Master summoner decreases cast time to summon a minion by 2/4 secs (and reduces mana cost too!) then fel domination can be actually useful..(the sucky thing is that fel domination has to fully rely on another 2 talents in master summoner to be actually a good talent)
    . . . . .
    BUT ... Fel Domination has an incredibly long cooldown. Is this spell soooo good that it requires 15 mins cd? lol are our pets THAT good that "insta" summoning them requires a 15 min cooldown? Well don't think so. our pets can be killed and have pretty few tricks. My idea? Making the general summoning of pets 5 seconds. And make fel domination a base spell which reduces cast time of your pet summoning by 5 secs (thus making summon pet instant), and have a 2min cd ~? (what can we srsly do w/o our pets if you chose to specc into the demonology tree?!?!?!).

Instead of Fel Domination... Demonic Protection -> Makes your pet immune to everything for ? secs. 3min cd ~? ...

Any ideas how to improve those 3 talents ? and r there any other talents you'd wish to improve/remove?

Re: Demonology tree qq...

aaah my eyes!!! QQ burns!!! help!!! L2P AFFLI!

Deleted

Even affli has some worthless stupid talents u kno... but demonology's ones r more hopeless... im not "qqing" about the whole demonology tree -_- im qq'ing bout the talent points ... affli has its good things and so does demonology... affli has its bad things and so does demonology... only demonology's are more useless .. ... ...

Its not a QQ. Its just the situation where you have one spec... and that's it. Why would warlocks have just one single spec for raiding and/or PvP? Sure you can't make em all viable but still... fixing demonology from broken hole filled with bullcrap to something usable is indeed needed.

The OP had some interesting ideas on changing demonology a bit, however i think that making an instant pet with a 2 min cd could be unbalanced for pvp. I haven't arena'd since hitting 80, but i do know that at 70, sl/sl locks relied heavily on their pets to increase their survivability. As it stands, you would already have to kill their pets twice, if you gave them an instant pet every 2 mins that would probably be too much.

Demonology is being looked into by blizzard.

Right now its bad for pvp and for pve as well as the fact as metamorphosis isnt that good either as a dps spec or as a pvp one.

Demonic sacrifice can have its usefullness how ever. There were several bosses where sacrificing a voidwalker to gain hp was a good choice as your pet would of died due to the aoe regardless.

When making tries on gurtog bloodboil for instance, a sacrificed vw would of given you alot more hp back helping you not die and whipe the raid.

what is demonology?
    All men…are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory! That's why there is war, violence and unrest. Inequality is not evil. Equality is! - Emperor Charles zi Britannia

Quote Originally Posted by MPendragonx
    To OP: I'm not trying to flame you, but the majority of what you said was either
    A. Horribly presented
    QFT forgot to mention that srry
    All men…are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory! That's why there is war, violence and unrest. Inequality is not evil. Equality is! - Emperor Charles zi Britannia

Quote Originally Posted by flamey
    Demonology is being looked into by blizzard.

Right now its bad for pvp and for pve as well as the fact as metamorphosis isnt that good either as a dps spec or as a pvp one.

Demonic sacrifice can have its usefullness how ever. There were several bosses where sacrificing a voidwalker to gain hp was a good choice as your pet would of died due to the aoe regardless.

When making tries on gurtog bloodboil for instance, a sacrificed vw would of given you alot more hp back helping you not die and whipe the raid.
    OK demonology bad for PvE? No way! I have tested about 7 talent specs since WoTLK came out and my demonology spec of 0/53/18 has by far proven the best. I am topping charts in our 25 man raids or at very least being second or third. On boss encounters I typically get 5000 to 6200 dps with more erractic fights it never drops below 4000dps.

Demonology at least in this spec is extremely viable, great fun to play and can top the dps charts in raid situations. I will happily explain more if you want. Demonform is an awesome boost when combined with heroism and Potions of Speed.

Try it, you might like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hucknell
    OK demonology bad for PvE? No way! I have tested about 7 talent specs since WoTLK came out and my demonology spec of 0/53/18 has by far proven the best. I am topping charts in our 25 man raids or at very least being second or third. On boss encounters I typically get 5000 to 6200 dps with more erractic fights it never drops below 4000dps.

Demonology at least in this spec is extremely viable, great fun to play and can top the dps charts in raid situations. I will happily explain more if you want. Demonform is an awesome boost when combined with heroism and Potions of Speed.

I agree.

I've tried almost every spec and hybrid I can come up with and by far, full Demo (0/53/18) has been the most promising and most fun to play for me. Out of all the specs I've tried full Demo has been the only spec that tops the other (similarly well-geared) Afflock in my guild. Yay me!! (I don't like getting beat.. :P)

I can make Aff top the charts as well, but staring at a DoT timer is not my idea of a fun raid night.

WWS or it didn't happen.

I love people that make this type of statement.
    "I never die... except for the times I died"
    "I always top charts... except for the times when I'm last on dps"
    "I get 5000 to 6200dps!!!! except for the time when I get 4000 dps"

Quote Originally Posted by lafakad
    I love people that make this type of statement.
    "I never die... except for the times I died"
    "I always top charts... except for the times when I'm last on dps"
    "I get 5000 to 6200dps!!!! except for the time when I get 4000 dps"
    I love people who have nothing to contribute so resort to posts like that.

Anyway Gerian my guild started using WWS last night so I will try and get the link although it was a try Sarth 3 drakes wipe night lol But yeah I will get the link and definately post the link from our next Naxx run for you. All I was trying to do was explain that you can get very good dps with demonlogy. I'll happily talk through it in more detail when I post the web stats.

Here is my armoury link should you want to take a look.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...awn&n=Hucknell

I am obviously very well geared which helps, but if anyone is interested in this spec im more than happy to chat.

@lafakad: he said he typically gets those numbers. That already implies that sometimes it can be lower, like he said. There was nothing wrong with his statement.

@Hucknell: I would like more info on your spec and some of the thoughts behind some of the decisions. I noticed that you took Demonic resilience and Fel synergy in order to have your Felguard take less damage and so that you heal it automatically. Do you not need to put 1 point into mana feed so your FG doesn't go OOM? And would it not be better for a raid spec to instead put those two points in fel synergy into Intensity in the Destro tree instead to reduce spell knockback? Or perhaps to max out demonic empathy? I thought that with the new pet changes they were much more survivable so I was curious whether you were seeing differently.

Sorry for the bombardment of questions but this seems like a very interesting spec. I'm still leveling my lock, so upon hitting 80 i was going to go 0/41/30 because I've heard that is the best spec for lower geared locks. Does your 0/53/18 spec require good gear to post decent numbers? Thanks!

Sorry for the slow reply Potence!

OK the reason I opted for Fel Synergy (and please correct me if i'm wrong, which often happens!) was that it boosts my active demon's (in most cases my Felguard) Intellect and Stamina by 10% of my own Int/Stam. As I am using Demonic Knowledge to boost my Spellpower by 12% of my demon's combined stamina and intellect I thought it would be beneficial.

I am actually going to move 1 point from Demonic Resiliance into either Demonic Empathy or Mana Feed whichever is viable.

As for what you should do at level 80 I say play what you find fun! 0/41/30 I didn't find to be on par with this spec but that may be down to my playstyle, however the same went for affliction. As long as you can manage cooldowns, learn when to pop abilities like Demonform (when heroism is up) and can micro-manage your pet this is a great all round spec which I love. I was pure destro in TBC but this in my opinion is far more versatile and fun. This spec also scales incredibly well from raid buffs which is great especially in 25 man raids. Gear wise this was what I found to help the most when I was decked out in terrible gear and it's just a satisfying bonus that it still works well.

Just get hitcapped for raids as a priority then stack spellpower, self-buffed from Fel Armour and my Demonic Knowledge I have 2760 Spellpower (and 25% Crit rating) and with a few gear improvements I hope to get in the next few heroic raids I think I could potentially hit the 3k SP mark.

Rotation wise I use CoA/Corr -> Shadowbolt (until the DoT's need refreshing) I pop Demonic Empowerment whenever it's off CD for my Felguards boost and I use demonform and Potions of Speed whenever we use heroism. If you don't have a DK in your raid applying the 13% increased Spell damage debuff to the boss then you will want to swap CoA to CoE. Glyph wise I use: Glyph of Shadowbolt, Glyph of Felguard and Glyph of Corruption.

Profession wise if you want stats boosts I use Jewelcrafting for the three prismatic gems (in my case 3 x 32 SP) and I am a scribe for the Shoulder inscription which I believe is 60 SP and 15 Crit.

I hope I haven't missed anything, I will post our WWS from a heroic Naxxramas as soon as we go, which this raid week is tuesday. I'm more than happy to help with any other queries!
    Good Luck!

Hi,
    One of my guildies just posted this on our forums. It's a WWS report from a 10 Man Naxxramas we did last night. It was an achievement run so bear this in mind for some bosses where everyones dps is low! Heigan our tank pulled before we were ready and mananged to get the slow cast debuff stuck on us lol.

http://wowwebstats.com/yatmiuxxrxnys

Anyway I will post the 25 man version asap.

(Oh also for the 10 man WWS report the shaman is enhancement so no elemental buffs for me!)

Ah cool I see. Thanks for the reply! I will try that out and see if it works for me. Just one last thing, do you not use immolate in your rotation? I've heard that its damage per cast time is higher than shadowbolt's, so i was wondering whether you didn't use it just to simplify your rotation or for another reason?

Well I hadn't taken any fire based talents so didn't see the point. However this could just be a silly mistake on my part. I'll add it in and see what happens.