Thread: I dont get it

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I dont get it

This is me:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...egion&n=Kaalis
    This is my (usual) build:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbzMAoVq0IstcZE00V

As you see, i have 4/5 t7. But still i dont get why i won't get my dps higher. On Patch i did 3k last time. But on the dummy in IF i only do 2.6.
    My rotation is: Haunt>AU>imm>coA>corr>siphon>SB and spamming SB until dots are down and reup them...
    What is wrong with me? :'(

Re: I dont get it

Simple, The target dummies are broken. Only the lvl 60 one works I have heard.

You need more Hit man. 221 for an Affliction warlock is no where near hit cap so you are most likely missing quite a bit. For starters get icewalker on your feet. Get +63 sp on your weapon. Hit cap for Affliction is like 360 or something.

Starting off your rotation is wrong, should go
    SB-Haunt-UA-IMMO-CoA-Corr-SL with Sbolt filler
    Your Hit is dangerously low, and you dont have hit talents in the Dest. Tree. or in the Affliction tree.
    You need 14% hit before raiding (other 3 percent from Spriest or Boomkin)
    Other than that, be wary of clipping dots, only refresh when the cast time is> time remaining on dots.
    Remember to drain soul as a filler at 25%, still cast immolate because its DPCT is still higher than drain soul.
    Happy Hunting.

Edit- Enchants work too.
    Remember Hit>SP>Haste>Crit for affliction.

Your spec is wrong, you gems are wrong, your enchants are wrong.

Use this build: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbzMAoVq0IstZyzhV With that build the hit cap is 263. Gem for that.

After getting enough hit, The only thing you should be gemming for is spell power. Don't have stam gems in there. Jesus.

Your job is to keep every dot up (including immolate) and refresh them once they are finished - as soon as possible after they finish. For the first 75%, do that. At 25%, stop casting immo and shadow bolt. Instead, keep every dot up except Imoo and use drain soul as you filler. Treat it as 5 3 second casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chains
    Your spec is wrong, you gems are wrong, your enchants are wrong.
    I love you man XD

Quote Originally Posted by daveyman
    Still cast immolate because its DPCT is still higher than drain soul.
    No.

Use this build: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbzMAoVq0IstZyzhV With that build the hit cap is 263. Gem for that.
    remember tho that not every raid has a spriest or (b)oomkin in raid so aim for the 368 hitcap imho. certainly in 10 man its possible so the thing that u think there ll be a "+hitbuffer" is completely wrong. i would even say aim for a as high hit as possible but remember that u also need other stats. if ur hitcap is higher ure able to decrease the points in the hit improving talents and put them elsewhere
    All men…are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory! That's why there is war, violence and unrest. Inequality is not evil. Equality is! - Emperor Charles zi Britannia

If you do not have a boomkin or SP get another guild.

why should i? i like the guild where im in now so. u c thats the problem with kids like u atm, everything should go the way YOU like it. well that aint life man. so i prefer that u should STFU. boomkins are not hard to find agree with that but if its a retard u dont take him in ur raid plain simple.
    All men…are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory! That's why there is war, violence and unrest. Inequality is not evil. Equality is! - Emperor Charles zi Britannia

No.
    It actually is higher but cba to look it up.

It seems there are hardly any good boomkins on my server, either they have a guild, they are badly geared or they are resto cause there aren't enough healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Offsprngr
    It seems there are hardly any good boomkins on my server, either they have a guild, they are badly geared or they are resto cause there aren't enough healers.
    actually its the same on mine. ;P but some of those on my server are retards aswell -_-

and there comes EJ again and for the dunnohowmuchanymore time i say that EJ is dps on paper and not irl

Quote Originally Posted by Dralai
    and there comes EJ again and for the dunnohowmuchanymore time i say that EJ is dps on paper and not irl
    Being the main author, I have to say: No, it isn't. It is a summary of gathered knowledge. Parts of it come from computational models, other parts are just common sense or experience. Some parts are still under heavy discussion, most are agreed upon by almost all of the theorycrafters.
    If many thousands of people seem to agree with the results, maybe that's because the results are actually a good approximation of reality. That's just how a theory works: It is a model of a real situation, and if it generates results that are approximately the results of the real situation, it is a good theory. If it doesn't, it has to be changed or thrown away.
    So saying "it's just dps on paper" is not very smart if the results on paper are more or less the results ingame.
    Proud author of the totally outdated WotLK Affli Thread

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbzMAoVi0IstZEM0V

Is what I been running for a while. I actually dont hit cap my shadowbolts, instead I just hang around 260 hit. Use a Felhunter on most bosses and a Doomguard and infernal when you can. Last Patchwerk I pulled around 5.8k(around 1k from doomguard).

Only thing target dummies are good for is practicing you rotation. Just go and fight the level 60 one, so you dont miss at all, and try to maintain 95%+ dot uptime without clipping ticks, and as long as you using SB to fill you should see a dps increase.

Also Innervate+Spirits of the Damned you can get about 15-16k back plus the lifetap.

Immolate should be kept up.
    1.3 second cast with gear/buffs, 2.5k initial hit (more with crit) with 1500 per tick or so, 5 ticks leads to 10k total damage.
    You lose 1.3 seconds of drain soul, which is about half a tick, which does not equal 10k damage.
    Cast Immolate under 25%.

These are very rough numbers, but they are comparatively correct.

Quote Originally Posted by daveyman
    Immolate should be kept up.
    1.3 second cast with gear/buffs, 2.5k initial hit (more with crit) with 1500 per tick or so, 5 ticks leads to 10k total damage.
    You lose 1.3 seconds of drain soul, which is about half a tick, which does not equal 10k damage.
    Cast Immolate under 25%.

These are very rough numbers, but they are comparatively correct.
    Sigh.

No Immolate shouldnt be kept up below 25%. It doesnt benefit from DE and doesn't add to SS. Most importantly however it only has a 12s duration which means you need to interrupt your DS a hell of a lot more often to recast it, which means you miss out on valuable ticks.

And finally, my DS ticks in the 13-14k area so no your 10k fire dmg from Immolate won't be a better option.

I'd really wish people would base their help and hints on proven facts instead of what they happen to think is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam

If many thousands of people seem to agree with the results, maybe that's because the results are actually a good approximation of reality. That's just how a theory works: It is a model of a real situation, and if it generates results that are approximately the results of the real situation, it is a good theory. If it doesn't, it has to be changed or thrown away.
    So saying "it's just dps on paper" is not very smart if the results on paper are more or less the results ingame.
    For some reason i seem to be able to draw back to my history class, back in grade school; my teacher said something about people thought the world was flat. When in reality it wasnt its in a round shape if you didn't know.

That being said i do agree with the theory crafting on Elitist Jerks. But than again, I, you, all of us might have it all wrong.

Haunt and Shadow Embrace both have only 12 second duration, both add to Drain Souls damage. So youd end up breaking DS anyways at that time to redo haunt so why not take the additional ~1 second to reapply immolate as well. And immolate is 15 Seconds, so you break DS after about 12 seconds haunt>Immolate>UA>DS.