Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Best kill you've had (PVE).

Quote Originally Posted by Krimsta
    Kil'jaeden pre-3.0.2

3 minutes of vent nerdscreams.

Was a wonderful moment, adrenaline so high I couldn't sleep that night.

Oh how I miss you, Sunwell.
    This

Deleted

My best emotionnal kill was, in fact, Vaelastrasz...

The best kill on a raid level was Kil'Jaeden : so much things to handle ! And the last boss of a great instance.
    Unfortunately we saw him only after nerf and brought him at 1% before the release of WotLK with a none optimized raid. We killed him the week after.

TBC: Vashj and Kael prenerf were pretty epic. I stopped playing the game after illidan until wrath.

Wrath: Lol

Deleted

Ragnaros because it was both a guild first on which we had had a number of tries and preparation, and because it was my first real raid boss kill (i did a few in other MMOs, mainly DAoC but somehow didn't get the same feeling out of it)

Hogger.

Guild's first Leotheras kill....hit enrage timer...24 peeps laying dead..only a holy pally left...bubble and deliver the killing blow...truly epic.

finaly killing KJ after like 3 weeks of wiping, that last 15% my heart was flying out of my chest, followed by every person in raid yelling in vent for like 5 minutes straight.

Best had to be Vashj and Kael. They gave a huge sense of accomplishment after learning them. The try before our first kael kill, we got to phase 5 for the first time, Kael starts to float in the air and everyone is so excited. everyone is paying attention to his little cinematic thing, the healers forget they have to continue healing when he lands and the tank gets insta-gibbed. AWESOME. but the next try we got him. ;D
    Wow account disabled, waiting for D3!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa
    Nothing extra, but killing archimonde after i heard " THIS WORLD WILL BURN!" like thousand times.
    Me too. We had a bunch of retarded ranged that just couldnt seem to grasp run away from the fire and dont come back in till you KNOW you are safe. it was the week before the boss HP nerf, and we finally killed him.

Also that last 10% just feels ultra epic. its like OH NO DONT LET HIM GET THE WORLD TREE, even though you know youre gonna win

Edit: If you had enough DPS still alive that is.
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.

On Vael, the last two remaining Pallies managed to burn him down by hitting Bubble and spamming Hammer of Wrath:

CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Although not as epic as some. Our party wiped on Loken due to thinking we could burn him down before he dropped the lightning. We had 2 Unholy Death Knights in the group (1 tank and the other DPS) who then killed him in ghoul form!

It was hilarious...4 ghouls (both had pets still up and going) all took him down!

For me it was a Vanilla WoW moment - being a small guild meant that the Tier .5 questline was huge for us. We had no ventrilo server, no teamspeak, and had a tank who was from Mexico and spoke very limited english...after trying to get our strat down for getting to the Baron on the 45 minute run down pat for about a month, we finally made it to him with about 30 seconds left on the timer.

The tank was moving foward then backward then forward as the mage, the lock and myself (priest) were drinking, not sure if he should attack...

We were all tryping in all caps, "GO GO GO" and "START!!!!! we're good!!!"

After all that time trying to get it done, it was the hardest, most intense 45 minutes, and watching the Baron fall...well, it was the best WoW moment for me ever. Best kill by far.

Dont know really, must be twins, feeling after that was imba..
    Allthough Kaelthas wasnt to bad either, it was really win tbh ;p.

In wotlk all the encounters even Sarth3D has been like "Yeah.. Okay we did it... yay.. What now..?"
    Really hopeing for Ulduar to be something special so me and my guildmates can feel that awesomeness when we down a new boss again :<

Best kills for me were:

Vash after 3 or so months of wiping, we got her to 1% with 10000 bats flying around, shammy ahkn and bolted her to death.

Illy just because after such a long journey, we had accomplished our mission, such a great feeling.

Lady Vashj, we were on her for months before we downed her and that first time we got her was such a great feeling, a great acheivement. We had a few 1% wipes which was just heartbreaking. The sense of accomplishment though when we got her down, everyone was ecstatic and it was wonderful to be a part of that.

I'd like to have said Archimonde aswell but we never downed him before the lolpatch and due to RL stuff I quit raiding so never got to down him. Would have loved to have got him down before the lolpatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

World top 20 kill of Cthun ;D

Kael'thas, after 2 months of wiping on him we finally got him one night on our second try.

I also loved the original 4 Horseman (vanilla)... it was so difficult considering the gear dependencies for the tanks.

After 73 Archimonde wipes... aka GET THE HELL OUTTA THE FIRE or ever so common excuse "I lagged" we finally killed that bastard. Then went on to farm him for months

but out of all 3 Kael wins above all else, that was a very coordinated fight and my favorite fight made to date

Vashj and Kaelthas (ofc prenerf). It was great challenge and I still remember this noise on vent after kill

Illidan, our first kill. Main tank dies at 10% due to being unabale to get Illidan to trap and he changes to me (Rogue) I manage to get an evasion of in time and pull him into trap. he gets out of trap kills me and starts to cahnge into demon. Raid kills him while hes changing.

Also on the Demon Hunter boss in SSC (Cant remember name) He wipes the raid at 1% and starts running for me. Im in other end of room and only survivor. Vanish is on cooldown so i think "Fuck it lets do this" So i sprint towards him yelling "Leeeerroooyyy Jeeeenkiiiins" jump towards him and eviscarate (had 5 combo points on him) He hits me for oneshot and i fall to the ground behind him and then i hear his body falling the ground killed by my Eviscarate. That felt good.
    Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

mine was 4hm

sow we are doing quite sloppy. all healers die with 3 horseman left.
    everyone won vent was like ok wipe move on

me (being blood tank) managed to keep myself up til the 2d horseman died
    so we moved to the 2 casters, me healing maself as much as possible.
    managed to kil 3rd horseman while dps was dying, me deathstrikespamming to stay alive.
    then on the last one, (lady) only me and a warlock were alive. and we took her from 30% to 0
    was insane, the debuf stack was so high, dunno how we pulled it off, but whole guild was like, omg these guy are pro!
    even tough it wa luck but hey