Straw

Holy with Mind Flay ?

I was wondering if there could be maybe a "good" or decent holy specc with 11 points in shadow so I could get Mind Flay. The reason that I would wanna have MF is that it could be sweet to have while questing and so while Iam not raiding
    Or would it just be a wast of points in shadow and lose the ability to raid ?
    If its not such a big waste how should I specc then ?

Thanks in advance !

Re: Holy with Mind Flay ?

I got an answer for you. You can't raid with MF as holy. Go respec shadow if you want to quest, if your not interested go smitespam.

talenting up to mind flay does one of 2 things for you.

1: you dont get meditation, a vital, if not mandatory, talent for every priest in ever situation.

2: you miss out on a bunch of healing talents in deep holy. this in turn would gimp your heals, making them as strong as a discipline priests, but without the utility.

all in the name of questing a little easier sometimes....it's not worth it.

MF is in my 49 twink healer spec so I can switch from healing to being a PITA to flag carriers, but yeah, that's the only instance I've found it can be worth while. Like the others said, not really worth it when you lost so much and can just heal yourself thru damage.

dumbest thing ive ever heard. as if questing would be easier with mf...

Quote Originally Posted by Shynx
    dumbest thing ive ever heard. as if questing would be easier with mf...

certainly made shadow quesitng alot smoother....

if you'd be so kind to keep your trolling to a minimum, the forum would appreciate it

I understand what you want here, but all the above posts are right - it's a pointless build.

Wait for duel spec to come out and just have a DPS and healing spec.

This makes almost as much sense as speccing into Shadowform as a healer, only to 'confuse others' in arena...

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

If you want to pick up a little dps for questing drop a couple points into Searing Light. Mind Flay will be a complete waste of mana uncoupled with other important shadow talents and your healing will suffer for it.

Also, if you pick up Surge of Light, you can use it to cast free, instant Smites while you're questing, and use it for Flash Heal when raiding--I've found it incredibly useful even with only ~17% holy crit chance. ((Make sure you put points in Holy Specialization))

That being said, on the current level of content, you could literally spec just about anything and solo heal a good bit of the 10-man content, and duo heal almost all the rest. 25-man content only requires four great healers or 5-6 average healers. It won't be until T8 (god let's all hope at least) that you'll actually need to have a worthwhile specialization.

Quote Originally Posted by bk73
    This makes almost as much sense as speccing into Shadowform as a healer, only to 'confuse others' in arena...

not a bad idea... MUHAHAHAHAHHAA
    I tasted bacon.. one day..

Quote Originally Posted by Soxes
    /headdesk would do

Mindflay, without a bunch of other shadow talents to support it, is quite a lackluster spell. Stick to smite or roll shadow.