Need to know if PW:S has been changed yet

Just noticed someone in my guild is shielding our warrior tank, has the change been made to rage generating and healing already?

Re: Need to know if PW:S has been changed yet

Quote Originally Posted by pyromatic
    Just noticed someone in my guild is shielding our warrior tank, has the change been made to rage generating and healing already?
    And the problem is? If your warrior wasn't able to generate rage for a shield, change the tank.

The change was made in patch 3.0 to warriors and how rage is accumulated; meaning that, while shields have a small affect on rage gain, the affect they have is minuscule as warrior rage is based on attack power, damage done, damage taken and use of skills ie: taunt, bash, slam, heroic throw etc.
    When the new patch becomes live (3.1) they will make the shield have an even more minuscule effect on rage, mana etc. As of now the only classes which are affected more than minisculely are paladins.

I cannot believe that some people are still beating this horse....

Quote Originally Posted by Pyxi
    The change was made in patch 3.0 to warriors and how rage is accumulated; meaning that, while shields have a small affect on rage gain, the affect they have is minuscule as warrior rage is based on attack power, damage done, damage taken and use of skills ie: taunt, bash, slam, heroic throw etc.
    Short version: Warrior generates enough rage doing their own dps.

When the new patch becomes live (3.1) they will make the shield have an even more minuscule effect on rage, mana etc. As of now the only classes which are affected more than minisculely are paladins.
    The only things they've confirmed is Warrior Rage, nothing's been spoken of about Druid rage, or Paladin mana (which I've found to be less of a problem than druids bitching at me every bubble. Retarded druids, maybe. /shrug )
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I think there was a bug with druids and shields still, either with rage generation or with the shield not absorbing damage.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    I think there was a bug with druids and shields still, either with rage generation or with the shield not absorbing damage.
    For the longest time, shield didn't absorb damage after 3.0 on bears. Now that it does, apparently some bears are having difficulty generating aggro when they are ragestarved which I think has more to do with the abilities they use (and when they don't have enough dodge [3 rage] or crit [5 rage]).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I was still not sure which issue people were having.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.