Blizzard wants healing to be less spammy.

As a resto druid, that sounds like a neat idea. I'm spending every GCD applying HoTs to people who need them.

But as a resto druid, I'm a little corn-fuzzled as to how Ulduar raid damage/tank damage is going to shape out to be.

With harder raid content comes higher burst and raid damage. In Sunwell, you couldn't afford to stop and think about if your mana pool will be able to take the hit, you heal or they die. (not to say that Ulduar will be as hard as Sunwell pre -or- post nerf, I think we all know that it wont.)

If they want us to consider how much mana we have, and how much we'll have after we cast our heals, then either:

1) They'll be nerfing mana regen across the board, while keeping raid damage at a moderately low level, in which case raid content won't be any more challenging without the use of cheap "Raid walks to point A at time X" gimmicks for every encounter.

2) They'll just expect healers to wait until someone is down to their last 20% before we heal them while upping burst and raid damage.

@ number 2, I've gotta say: "HELL NO!". New content on the same day as MP5 nerfs is A-ok with me. (to be honest, waiting 5 seconds to proc a free 1400 mp5 is ridiculous) But they can't just expect us to redesign our whole healing mentality as well, when people take damage, we heal them!

A rich man once told me: "Hey life's a funny thing."
    A poor man once told me that he can't afford to speak...

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Blizzard wants healing to be less spammy.

I think their idea is to challenge healers in other ways beside "OH SHIT SOMEONE IS DYING MUST HEAL"

i.e They no longer want to increase burst and normal damage to massive amounts just because it is the only way to challenge healers. From what I've read they want to allow healers more thinking time to make decisions in situations, which would likely mean healers will be OOFSR more often, thus the nerf to that aspect. The term "frenetic" was used - less panic attacks for healers and more "okay, do I need to heal that guy right now?"

Not only that, it means healers can be more involved in encounters instead of being hypnotized by colored bars :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacegoatmeep View Post
    I have it on good authority that the Park needs to be as it currently is for the launch of Legion.

As part of the opening event Illidan flys down into Stormwind, points over towards the Park and says "You are not repaired!"

That's a really good point, but the only ways I can think to remedy this are Dispels and DPS. Abolishing poisons or cleansing curses on trash pulls or bosses certainly wouldn't be on anybody's mind for "fun" so that can't be the case. And DPS? I woulda rolled balance if I wanted to pew pew.

Although they have said they wanted to make healing more involved, I'm really anxious to see how it's going to happen, 'cause right now, I've got no clue.

A rich man once told me: "Hey life's a funny thing."
    A poor man once told me that he can't afford to speak...

I've been a healer for the whole of my characters existance and the direction blizzard is going makes me very uneasy. I like some of the work done on pallys and priests to make a combination of heals viable, but there seems to be an overall tendacy towards either; dumbing healing down or making it unecessary.

The mana regen one of the biggest global (yes I know some classes are NOT getting it at all) nerf I have ever seen. I'm not saying the mana system isn't flawed but this strikes me as an act of desperation because they can't work it out or just don't care and expect us to solve the problem.

It would be mice to see some new radical ideas towards healing, even if they are flawed to start. Atleast it would show some imagination.

With Int as manapool AND manareg-stat there is really no room for
    making healing interesting. They made a fault when they added
    Int-based manareg to the game.

Now Int is the answer for both kinds of bossfight.
    The short where you need a big manapool ---> Int is the answer
    The long where you need manareg ---> Int is the answer

I want to spam ... do the want us to
    /target Tank
    /follow

???
    --
    The cataclysm broke the world ... and the pandas could not fix it!

I do agree that they need to make healing less spammy. I think what they want us to do is to punish for healing at the wrong time by making us run out of mana a little early.

Since I play a pally, they are going to reduce the amount of mana I get from other people healing (while I think they are gonna make a talent, or incorporate that effect into an existing talent, to allow prot and ret pallies keep the same amount of mana regen we currently have), and punish me for using Divine Plea by making me half effective in healing. I really like the idea. Makes me think and kinda plan ahead of what I should do.

I think they say something about making spirit a little more effective in mana regen, but I'm not so sure.

seriously now

spamming a key (hint: flash) allows a player (hint: healer) to look around, strafe his camera, watch for big mean things coming his way, have a glimpse at recount etc... why? because he doesnt have to constantly look at his actionbars to check his cooldowns... please, by all means, make healing less spammy, and all healers will fail at kelthuzad/sarth+3 voidzones, 100% guaranteed!

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    seriously now

spamming a key (hint: flash) allows a player (hint: healer) to look around, strafe his camera, watch for big mean things coming his way, have a glimpse at recount etc... why? because he doesnt have to constantly look at his actionbars to check his cooldowns... please, by all means, make healing less spammy, and all healers will fail at kelthuzad/sarth+3 voidzones, 100% guaranteed!
    I doubt many healers spam only 1 key. Also what healer checks recount? And you do know that the healers attention will mostly be on the health bars of the raid, so I don't like the idea that healers are free to survey the battlefield as much as they want. And unless there is a radical overhaul of how healing works, they shouldn't be expected to. I think if you required a healer to have total awareness of the battlefield and raiders health at the same time, we might see a drop in the healing population. Sure, we have enough time to keep tabs on things so we aren't totally oblivious but since we already have a job that requires alot of focus, we shouldn't be expected to give the same focus to the fight that tanks and dpsers do, since they don't have to monitor the health of others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.