How to evaluate an affliction warlock (guide)

I'm not sure if any officers/raidleaders come here for warlock information, but in case you do:

I added "Affliction Warlock" to my Class 101 Guides for Raidleaders.

Few people in WoW are experienced enough in every class to be able to reasonably evaluate someone's playing abilities. Unfortunately this is exactly what guild and raidleaders are asked to do on a daily basis with new applicants (and possibly their guild members.)

It helps you go beyond the DPS/healing meters and help distinguish between "This guy is undergeared" and "This guy just doesn't know how to play his class."

This isn't "how to play this class" it's "how to tell if someone is playing the class well enough."

The classes/specs list is still pretty sparse, but we're working on it .

Until then, since this is the warlock forum, here's the Affliction Warlock one:

http://www.stratfu.com/strats/AfflictionWarlock101

(if there's any expert Demo or Destro warlocks out there who think they can write something like this for Demo or Destro, please PM me here or on StratFu. You need to be capable of speaking to the level of detail in the example post there -- specifically you need to understand what a good WWS/WMO looks like and what a bad one does.)

Re: How to evaluate an affliction warlock (guide)

The pet section is wrong, affliction uses felhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Offsprngr
    The pet section is wrong, affliction uses felhunter.
    Depends on the fight to some degree, as well as your spec (e.g. http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=121704020400). I'll go look though, it should list felhunter as well as imp and if it's missing, it was a typo on the part of the original author I believe.

"Shadow Bolt should be doing: between 4.5 and 5 times as much as Haunt."

Not even close to true. In that case my SBs should be roaming in the 20k area, and unfortunately, that is not the case

Quote Originally Posted by Vidara
    "Shadow Bolt should be doing: between 4.5 and 5 times as much as Haunt."

Not even close to true. In that case my SBs should be roaming in the 20k area, and unfortunately, that is not the case
    He is referring to percentage of total damage, not damage done per cast.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Both Molten Core and Eradication should have one (but only one) point. One point in each is a DPS increase, more than one is a bad idea; there are other talents that are more valuable for those points such as Suppression and Cataclysm
    Could add that this only counts up to 14% hit on gear maybe.

Love the site btw.