Power Word Barrier

What kind of cooldown do you think Power Word Barrier will have and do you like the change?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Re: Power Word Barrier

i'll be happy if it doesn't give weakened soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Rymezz
    i'll be happy if it doesn't give weakened soul.
    That depends... Weakened Soul + [Renewed Hope] (4% crit on weakened soul's)... Barrier + PoH... seems like a decent combo for raid damage. Hopefully it doesn't give WS for 15 seconds, but weakened soul is still a benefit for a Disc priest.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

theres no talk of this in the patch notes for 3.1

I think the talent that reduces PWS's mana cost and cooldown is its replacement.

15+ Year Old Account

indeed. WTF - they told us of this awesome spell that is like a PW:S for a whole party and now we get 4 seconds less cooldown on PW:S?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

patch notes aren't final. dont freak out yet

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    indeed. WTF - they told us of this awesome spell that is like a PW:S for a whole party and now we get 4 seconds less cooldown on PW:S?
    fully talented now pw:s is already 4sec cooldown, making it instant cast.

the only thing i'm a bit confused about is the revamp of rapture, we dont get mana from heals anymore only pw:s, so shield is our new spammable (read filler) spell inbetween penance cooldowns?

and what about the 'energize' part? does it occur when damage is absorbed or when we cast it on that person?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    fully talented now pw:s is already 4sec cooldown, making it instant cast.

the only thing i'm a bit confused about is the revamp of rapture, we dont get mana from heals anymore only pw:s, so shield is our new spammable (read filler) spell inbetween penance cooldowns?

and what about the 'energize' part? does it occur when damage is absorbed or when we cast it on that person?
    a) There's a HUGE difference between spending 5 global cooldowns to shield a group, and 1 global cooldown to do so (what PW:Barrier was supposed to)

b) As I understand it you get 1.5% of you total mana when you shield either gets dispelled, or absorbs its full amount. When you do, your target is also energized. So I don't think it will work by using it on targets that don't take damage (or take less damage than the shield would absorb).

Really sad about the Rapture change, especially that it doesn't work with divine aegis anymore.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Disc priests will now go OOM... very fast... they just nerfed the shit out of our only regen ability, since we will not be able to stack spirit and still be able to keep up with healing like holy speced healers...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Knf
    Disc priests will now go OOM... very fast... they just nerfed the shit out of our only regen ability, since we will not be able to stack spirit and still be able to keep up with healing like holy speced healers...
    Indeed. I REALLY thought about going disc in ulduar instead of shadow because I always liked disc's style, and rapture was awesome, and PW:Barrier sounded awesome. Now upon seeing this notes... I'll stay shadow for sure.

Deleted

Looks like discipline is becoming what shadow was in tbc, utility...

but our flashheals and shields are a lot cheaper then holy. perhaps after ulduar gear replenishment and other effects will easily overcome that.

for a discipline priest, replenishment already gives a wanker-load of mana back anyway.

i'd wager quite a bit that replenishment will outweigh raptures nerf once you've gotten some ulduar gear and are sitting at 26-30k mana buffed. also, we'll definitely be able to distinguish the good discipline healers from the bad ones, as this new rapture scheme seems to require timing and selectiveness to be fully efficient.

or i could be a blind noob that doesnt know what he's talking about. i can only guess what my response will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Raige
    for a discipline priest, replenishment already gives a wanker-load of mana back anyway.

i'd wager quite a bit that replenishment will outweigh raptures nerf once you've gotten some ulduar gear and are sitting at 26-30k mana buffed. also, we'll definitely be able to distinguish the good discipline healers from the bad ones, as this new rapture scheme seems to require timing and selectiveness to be fully efficient.

or i could be a blind noob that doesnt know what he's talking about. i can only guess what my response will be.
    From my recount data on my Naxx run tonight with 23k mana and 30% holy crit:

Rapture - 44% mana gained
    Replenish - 28% mana gained

This is definitely a MASSIVE MASSIVE kick in the balls to Disc. Not only is all of my crit gear now wasted with DA not giving any Rapture returns, but the skill I typically gain the least mana from is now my ONLY source of self reliance for mana regen. Goodbye 3.0 Disc, you were great while you lasted.

"It's not that big of a deal man, you're freaking out!"

It is that big of a deal and I'm not freaking out. 40% of my mana regen just went POOF! There's absolutely no way this is going to be the final build, or the spec that Blizzard seemed so excited about is going to just disappear. If the removal of everything but PW:S from Rapture is going to stand then:

#1 - They'll have to remove the 12 second limit on the new Rapture. (seriously.... 12 cooldown on rapture when you just gave me a talent to drop the PW:S cooldown to zero??? Do you even think?)
    #2 - They'll have to add a significant boost to the 2.5% max mana return, perhaps change it to 5 or 6%.
    #3 - They'll have to take a look at how stupid the new mana regen dynamic is that makes you want to have a WEAKER shield, while having a ton of talents that increase your shield's effectiveness. Also now the ONLY regen stat will be INT from Replenish. Bye Bye haste, crit, and spellpower as regen stats!
    #4 - They'll have to lower the duration of the weakened soul effect since we're apparently now the shield healing class.
    #5 - They'll have to change the Renewed Hope talent to PW:Barrier in response to #4.
    #6 - They'll have to lower the cooldown of Penance to 4 seconds at most to compensate for the loss of spammable FH for throughput.
    #7 - They'll have to remove changes 1-6 when they finally decide that it's a retarded plan to start with.

Oh, and I'll have to start re-gearing all over again. Thank god they removed the need for crit now with this 3.1 crap.