Thread: Patch notes pvp

Deleted

Patch notes pvp

Ok, they are not done but I see some interesting changes. The dispersion change seems to be what most spriests have been asking for and it seems nice. Either that change or that dispersion generates life same amount as mana. The patch note change seem to be the best one though.
    I've never used blackout (spirit tap ftw while leveling) but would have specced for it if I would have a shadow pvp-spec on 80. I've heard it was pretty good and I dont know if darkness is of same good use, or maybe it is? Spirit tap is quite useless in pvp.

Disc changes seems adorable. Like the power word:shield change and also penance change is perfect. Penance being able to do more damage is perfect pvp and also that one will be able to cast it on yourself. Great for survivability and also being able to do some fair amount of damage when needed.

Holy, I still dont know much about. They wanted to make holy better for pvp, will the proposed changes do that and in what way?

Re: Patch notes pvp

darkness was way higher up in shadow tree. Shadow did not get the changes needed to be as viable in arena. Unless everyones burst is nerf'd we are dead. Not to mention our horrible mana problems in arena.

The crit change will be cool but resil will mess it up anyways.

15+ Year Old Account

We need a controlled stun instead of blackout.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Shadowfiend: Health scaling increased. Now receives 30% of the master's spell power. Mana return increased to 5%, up from 4%. The Shadowfiend now receives mana when its melee attacks land, rather than when it deals damage. Movement speed normalized to player movement speed. Tooltip revised.
    Doest it mean shadowfiend keep up with the speed the curent target has or does it mean it slow down the curent target to normal speed even if the target have a speed increased?

Quote Originally Posted by topman
    darkness was way higher up in shadow tree. Shadow did not get the changes needed to be as viable in arena. Unless everyones burst is nerf'd we are dead. Not to mention our horrible mana problems in arena.

The crit change will be cool but resil will mess it up anyways.
    I see the crit change as being bad. How do you view it as good?

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud

There isn't much of a change in survivability for either shadow or holy so far, but hopefully PvP will be tested more thoroughly on the PTR this time around.

Are there some sneaky glyph changes in the Talent Calculator or when did those show up? I don't know what the source is, but check out Inner Fire (and smile), and Psychic Scream (and cry). Also changed: Smite, Mind Control, Fade.

Actually, that Fade one is quite neat for Shadow pvp then if it's correct. You could get the cooldown down to 9 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandui
    A deep shadow talent that adds a 3 second stun to SW seems balanced considering the removal of Blackout, and it could not really be considered overpowered when you take into account the diminishing returns on stuns and the fact that SW already has a drawback to the priest casting it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

pvp glpyhs just in...

* Glyph of Psychic Scream -- Increases the duration of your Psychic Scream by 2 sec. and increases its cooldown by 8 sec. (Old: Increases the duration of your Psychic Scream by 1 sec.)
    * Glyph of Fade -- Reduces the cooldown of your Fade spell by 15 sec. (Old: Increases the duration and cooldown of your Fade spell by 50%.)
    * Glyph of Inner Fire -- Increases the armor from your Inner Fire spell by 50%. (Old: Increases the charges on your Inner Fire spell by 20.)
    * Glyph of Dispersion -- Your Dispersion ability now also clears movement impairing effects and makes you immune to them for its duration.
    * Glyph of Pain Suppression *new* -- Allows Pain Suppression to be cast while stunned.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

The Dispersion glyph is outdated, that's meant to be baseline for the spell.

I like the new pennace, glyphs and such for disc, but how is our mana regen gooing to be in pvp!??? I've been stacking spirit, what now? do I start buying the mp5 gear? and what about the "Rapture" changes? they sound like something to be feared, can anyone explain if this will be good or bad for arena pvp, and How are mana regen will be compared to right now, I go oom very easy in my 3v3 team, what now

"Rapture (Tier 8 ) revamped. Now a 3 point talent. When your Power Word: Shield is completely absorbed or dispelled you are instantly energized with 1.5% of your total mana, and you have a 33% chance to energize your shielded target with 2% total mana, 8 rage, 16 energy or 32 runic power. This effect cannot occur once every 12 seconds."

I'm kind of concerned that our main source of kiting is seeing such a change. It seems to me (without any math or research of course) that once our DoTs periodic damage is reduced by resilience, then it's crit chance is reduced by resilience, and then the crit damage it deals will be reduced by resilience. Doesn't it seem a bit excessive to be limiting the damage of each DoT 3 times potentially?

Remember those days where you could kite kite kite to a win? Yeah, they're over.