Page 1 of 3
LastLast

3.1 Builds Thread

With 3.1 the game offers quite some changes to all three priest trees, so I'd like to hear what you would be planning to specialize in when the patch comes out.

Currently my idea for shadow would be a remake of the classical cookiecutter build.

- 13/0/58

What we see here is the classical talents in Discipline, while shadow had quite some changes.

I'm also trying to find a PvE build where Improved VE fits in, but no matter how it's turned it looks like it would either nerf damage or mana regen.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: 3.1 Builds Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    With 3.1 the game offers quite some changes to all three priest trees, so I'd like to hear what you would be planning to specialize in when the patch comes out.

Currently my idea for shadow would be a remake of the classical cookiecutter build.

- 13/0/58

What we see here is the classical talents in Discipline, while shadow had quite some changes.

I'm also trying to find a PvE build where Improved VE fits in, but no matter how it's turned it looks like it would either nerf damage or mana regen.
    This is EXACTLY what I came up with while playing around with the 3.1 calculator. Even down to giving up imp. ve and imp. shadowform for 3 points in the DP talent, and then giving up inner focus so I can get imp. shadowform once again
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

If people would add in with Disciplin , Holy and PvP builds of the different threes, it would be nice.

Lets keep the discussion to one thread, so it's easier to navigate.

In regards to Improved Vampiric Embrace. With all the new mana regen features (Meditation seems buffed?) , how much of a dps loss would not getting Improved Spirit Tap, be ?

A thought would be to replace Imp. ST, with Imp. VE, if it can be proper utilized.

15+ Year Old Account

For PVP, I will give this a try on the test realm:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9614
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

For getting imp vE:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9614

2/3 P&S, should be enough in theorie
    2/3 Focused Mind ; Depends on mana issues...i didnt had to use dispersion and or shadowfiend, so i guess with these two i wont have issues in ulduar.
    and if 1/3 F.M: should be enough to keep up mana so u can go for 3/3 P&S again.

As far as shadow goes in PvP, I'll be trying these two builds:

Dispersion:

Reflective Shield:

=======================================================================

Disc PvP:

Would Inner Focus 25% crit work on dots such as SWP in the new shadowform?

Quote Originally Posted by TehManifest
    Only for a single tick, thus it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by TehManifest
    It didn't affect dot damage before, and I doubt it will change. Although maybe useful for devouring plague.

Same shadow build I came up with. Seems pretty stable to me. The new talents may seem to give us more freedom, but as far as a pve shadow spec goes, this is the way to go. Only thing I can imagine changing is Focused Mind, depending on the mana regen changes.

I was debating a while on this one. (PvE Holy)

I couldn't pick up test of faith because i just didn't have enough points, but even w/o the bonus crit is still looks to be a powerful talent.

I chose to pick up Lightwell and Healing Prayers instead of test of faith, but i will have to test it out to see if its worth it.

I love Lightwell in its current state and for any raider willing to make the effort it is a powerful tool, but some people refuse to use it still. If you raid with those kind of ppl then i wouldn't take it.

This is what i will likely start my build at in 3.1 and change accordingly.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...4&version=9614

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    For getting imp vE: [...]
    2/3 P&S, should be enough in theorie
    2/3 Focused Mind ; Depends on mana issues...i didnt had to use dispersion and or shadowfiend, so i guess with these two i wont have issues in ulduar.
    and if 1/3 F.M: should be enough to keep up mana so u can go for 3/3 P&S again.
    I think my idea about no Imp. Spirit Tap would be much better than what you suggest.

Ulduar is likely going to involve even more movement, hence 3/3 P&S is very important.

Some of the glyph changes/new glyphs look amazing.

I think my idea about no Imp. Spirit Tap would be much better than what you suggest.

Ulduar is likely going to involve even more movement, hence 3/3 P&S is very important.
    /agree

Who knows how disc will really play out. If you're on raid healing will your mana be enough to completely ignore Flash Heal in favor of shield spam (with Penance and PoM)? Probably not. Let's assume that crit is still very good for all possible roles.

You miss one point somewhere (Mental Agility here, could consider Focused Will), or two if you want Desperate Prayer, but generally PvE disc should become: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9614

Quote Originally Posted by heriana
    Some of the glyph changes/new glyphs look amazing.
    #
    # Glyph of Dispersion -- Your Dispersion ability now also clears movement impairing effects and makes you immune to them for its duration.

* Dispersion (Tier 11) now clears all snare and movement impairing effects when cast, and makes you immune to them while dispersed.

GG blizz.

I don't really see any new worthwhile PvE spriest glyph.

Might be true, we just dont know yet.... i guess we have to try it out , dont we

Imp. Spirit Tab boost our dps a little so i for myself wouldnt steal points out there, even if its not that much dps.

Another way would be getting more hit so u could take some points out of Shadow focus.

Might be true, we just dont know yet.... i guess we have to try it out , dont we

Imp. Spirit Tab boost our dps a little so i for myself wouldnt steal points out there, even if its not that much dps.

Another way would be getting more hit so u could take some points out of Shadow focus.
    which takes ilvl away from other stats, thus reducing dps, even if its not that much dps

It doesn't boost dps, it's like 5-10 spellpower or something when it procs. It do, however, boost regen, but in a much smaller scale than Focused Mind.

DO try read what the talent does sometimes.......