My 3.1 Disc pvp Build??

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9614

When Glyph of Pain Surpress comes out ill replace Despell magic for it.tell me what you think flaming alowed

Edit: 2 Other glyphs are PW:S and Flash of light

Think i should change 3 points in imp renew for 3% crit? i think that would be better

Re: My 3.1 Disc pvp Build??

Don't think I'd ever want a PvP healing build without Matyrdom, though, of course with the changes to pushback I can see how you can live without it. You should at least reconsider if you want to take it, though.

I don't think you'll have enough Crit Rating in PvP gear to propperly justify Divine Aegis.

And I still don't find Enlightenment worth taking.

Personally I'm still fighting myself which Glyphs are worth taking, we've got quite a few good ones now.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mage-you-look
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9614

When Glyph of Pain Surpress comes out ill replace Despell magic for it.tell me what you think flaming alowed

Edit: 2 Other glyphs are PW:S and Flash of light

Think i should change 3 points in imp renew for 3% crit? i think that would be better

Absolution is good, I just don't have the points for it, reduces dispel from 540 to 405, not big enough difference to warrant 3 points (even with how much I dispel)

Enlightenment, 6% haste is 0.09 off of flash, making it 1.41, not worth it for 3 points, since you should have no other haste in your gear really, except maybe Torch of Holy Fire.

Improved flash heal, I took one out to max Improved Healing (penance should make up more healing than flash)

It was pretty close to my spec, minus extra points I put in holy, a lot better than most specs I see on these forums.

as for glyph choices.

Pain supp glyph is bad, unless your gear is horrible you shouldn't need to use it in the opener, (feral), it won't be usable in maim (incapacitate) only really usable on second or more kidney, which if you really were getting low, you would hit it before getting kidney shotted, overall a waste of a slot.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9614

My spec, Glyphs are

Inner Fire (5.5% mitigation to melee)

Hymn of Hope (makes it actually semi-useful, 12% mana over 4 seconds)

Penance

Quote Originally Posted by Lionne
    Don't think I'd ever want a PvP healing build without Matyrdom, though, of course with the changes to pushback I can see how you can live without it. You should at least reconsider if you want to take it, though.

Martyrdom isn't very good this is why.

Martyrdom is wasted points, its only really useful on DK / Mage, and it only procs on melee attacks that hit, aka not absorbed, just the fact it doesn't work unless procced on melee basically kills it for mage, and dk, meh, only useful for strangulate, and even then, its not that great.

I don't think you'll have enough Crit Rating in PvP gear to propperly justify Divine Aegis.

Even with 14% crit chance (what you should have after 3.1) its a good gain for the point cost, especially seeing as it can now stack up to 10,000 (previously couldn't stack at all)

And I still don't find Enlightenment worth taking.

This is correct.

Personally I'm still fighting myself which Glyphs are worth taking, we've got quite a few good ones now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionne

Matyrdom procs on crit healing focus is passive. i still think maretdom is wasted points

Crit rating: base lets say 13%+3(focus will)+3-5(healing specializeation for this sake lets say 3)=19% crit which would be not bad... Plus divine aegis just another debuff to purge and rapture gain

and just for humor sake 5 out of 5 healing specializition and 10 from Imp flash= 31?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyLey

[color=navy]Pain supp glyph is bad, unless your gear is horrible you shouldn't need to use it in the opener, (feral), it won't be usable in maim (incapacitate) only really usable on second or more kidney, which if you really were getting low, you would hit it before getting kidney shotted, overall a waste of a slot.

Hymn of Hope (makes it actually semi-useful, 12% mana over 4 seconds)

I agree after considering it a little its horrible plus Maim is now a stun a 7 second stun which damages on a 12 sec CD oh yay...........

Pennece,Inner Fire,(Flash,Despell,Nova, Hymm???, not sure yet)

My defensive setup which I'll use untill my gear is better:

Defensive Spec - 57/14/0

Gets all the best talents in disc, and the necessary talents in holy. With the changes to penance meaning it's now self-castable along with the new penance glyph (2 seconds off the cooldown) and the fact you have 2/2 in Aspiration(another 2 seconds off the cooldown), I don't see the need to use Greater Heal anymore. Shields with no cooldown, penance for your big heals every 6 seconds and flash heal as a filler you pretty much have everything you need as far as standard healing spells go. ( not including stuff like renew, PoM and binding heal ofc.)

for example: shield the target, fire off a borrowed time hasted penance and it takes about 1.5 seconds, cast PoM for a 1.5 GCD, slap on a renew with another 1.5 GCD, throw in a flash heal and boom penance is off cooldown again ready to be used again for your big heal.

This frees up alot of points people usually use for divine fury and perhaps even improved healing. Meaning you can get spell warding to help survive vs spellcasters. And if you wanna help with dps just mindblast SW. Obviously the loss of faster holyfires and smites is annoying, but like I said it's mostly a defensive spec.

And my offensive spec I might try out when my gear gets a bit better:

Offensive Spec - 52/2/17

Stronger offensive shadow damage, no need to use hit gear in pvp cause your scream will be capped with talents, lower cooldown on Mindblast and to top of it off 2 minutes reduced cooldown on shadow fiend. Without losing much in disc apart from mana talents, which with the changes to meditation and the fact we drink most of the time to get mana back anyway AND the 2 minute reduced cooldown on shadow fiend, isn't that much of a lose.

The biggest drawback for this spec in my eyes is the lose of desperate prayer, but meh..

Healing focus is only worth it is you play with a paladin with the appropriate talents. 2 points still do not prevent you from losing a tic from penance and disc is mostly instant casts.

Gets all the best talents in disc, and the necessary talents in holy. With the changes to penance meaning it's now self-castable along with the new penance glyph (2 seconds off the cooldown) and the fact you have 2/2 in Aspiration(another 2 seconds off the cooldown), I don't see the need to use Greater Heal anymore. Shields with no cooldown, penance for your big heals every 6 seconds and flash heal as a filler you pretty much have everything you need as far as standard healing spells go. ( not including stuff like renew, PoM and binding heal ofc.)

for example: shield the target, fire off a borrowed time hasted penance and it takes about 1.5 seconds, cast PoM for a 1.5 GCD, slap on a renew with another 1.5 GCD, throw in a flash heal and boom penance is off cooldown again ready to be used again for your big heal.

This frees up alot of points people usually use for divine fury and perhaps even improved healing. Meaning you can get spell warding to help survive vs spellcasters. And if you wanna help with dps just mindblast SW. Obviously the loss of faster holyfires and smites is annoying, but like I said it's mostly a defensive spec.

I like your idears, good specs you've made there, though imo, imp holy fire and smites are crucial to disc priests... in some setups.
    I play with a rogue and cannot live without Divine Fury, but again, that's the setup which decides whether to take or not.
    I think i'll go with: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9614
    Haven't decided the glyphs entirely yet, but i think this is good.
    Imp inner fire along with glyphed = gg physicals I think, with additional sp so you dont need to enchant/gem your gear with ekstra.
    I agree that with the changes in penance and flash heal, divine fury will be spareable, but on the other hand I think your "offensive" spec are bad.
    I think it'll be best if you're either full disc or full shadow. Though I haven't tested them I dont think hybrid specs are that good, but if you can test it for me and get a result, feel free to peel me down

Aspiration reduces the cd of penance by 20% off of its base of 10 seconds. With the glyph does this mean that it will have a cd of 6 seconds or .8(10-2)= 6.4 seconds?

Yeah its more of a playstyle.cast time lower on HF is also a plus

Renewed hope chnage, anyone thinking about pinking it up