Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Then we'll miss one talent point

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    A quick Cat build I put together yesterday
    I like. This is probably what I'll spec for pure dps.

Haven't been reading all the patch notes properly, nor have I taken the time to read all the posts here. I was mostly sifting through and just dropping the usual speech about punctuation as applied to tooltips. thanks for spotting that I still don't read everything.

its almost what I would do, only change one point in nurturing instinct in for one point in furor to get that tiny bit of extra energy going instead for healing stuff...pure DPS is after all PURE dps
    what do you think of it?
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...2&version=9614

and if somebody would like to , without trying to steal the threat, what about this tank build?
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...2&version=9614

on both I am struggeling to get what I want...every advise is well apprichiated...
    cheers!

Does Genesis apply to periodic bleeding effects? The German tooltip says it only applies to spells, the english tooltip isnt that precise i think

Is there any point in keeping 2/2 in improved MotW if you always raid with a resto druid that has that talent in his main spec or a moonkin that does the same? I see almoust everyone placing 2/2 in MotW and i don't really see the point in doing that for a raiding dps build.
    /hug

Read the talent

Quote Originally Posted by Retovia
    Read the talent
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Deathwing&n=Silentpengu

Quote Originally Posted by takim
    Explain Nulgar and tps is not an answer. If you need full 3/3 mangle to keep threat then you fail.

Edit: Nevermind. I see 0/71/0 is clearly THE build to have. /sarcasm
    That's just a soloing build. I still have it from two weeks ago since I couldn't really raid since then.

Even with a 0/60/11 build, you should take iMangle. Too lazy too show it with an example spec, but after you've chosen the basic defensive talents, all that's left to do is take threat talents. And iMangle is a very good one.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Did I say Rip glyph stays with Berserk and SR glyph? I take it all back:

Druid (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Glyph of Shred - Each time you Shred, the duration of your Rip on the target is extended 2 sec, up to a maximum of 6 sec. (Old - Increases the damage dealt by Shred to stunned and incapacitated targets by 20%.)
    As long as you shred at least 2 times during Rip, it's as good as/better than the Rip glyph.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

My pure dps would have to be this:

Cat DPS

I'd take Feral Aggression because with a rip glyph and the new shred glyph our rip should easily be up almost all the time making Ferocious Bite the new thing to do. Feral Swiftness, SI, and Feral Charge only help you move faster and have a unneeded Oh Shoot button. And if you are in a guild without a feral druid (such as me) you better take ILotP or you shouldn't be raiding.

As for tanking I'll probably do:

Bear Tank

Nothing really special there beside ILotP for same reasons as above. And I wouldn't take infecting wound because every other class can do the same thing and I'm not sure but last time I checked (current spec doesn't have so I forget) raid bosses aren't effected by Infected Wounds so no point in those.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand
    Does Genesis apply to periodic bleeding effects?
    No.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    Did I say Rip glyph stays with Berserk and SR glyph? I take it all back:

As long as you shred at least 2 times during Rip, it's as good as/better than the Rip glyph.
    Shred, Rip and Savage Roar. The Berserk glyph benefit for PvE dps is completely irrelevant when compared to these ones.

Quote Originally Posted by takim
    Explain Nulgar and tps is not an answer. If you need full 3/3 mangle to keep threat then you fail.
    Actually TPS *is* the answer. It's not about keeping threat or not, it's about maximizing your TPS or not. Imp.Mangle is a big boost to feral threat. I suggest you do some math if you think it's worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    It's not about keeping threat or not, it's about maximizing your TPS or not.
    What does it matter if you have 2k or 4k more TPS? I understand the extra DPS done, but as far as threat you either have it or you don't. Just make sure that no one will take it from you.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    What does it matter if you have 2k or 4k more TPS? I understand the extra DPS done, but as far as threat you either have it or you don't. Just make sure that no one will take it from you.
    Because you never know how high a scaling dps can go with the right synergies or lucky RNG. You have to consider bosses with tank downtime, like flying phases, and dps races with no tank headstart, like Shadron when you do 3D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Catoblepas

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    Because you never know how high a scaling dps can go with the right synergies or lucky RNG. You have to consider bosses with tank downtime, like flying phases, and dps races with no tank headstart, like Shadron when you do 3D.
    And dps can consider using TotT, MD, or taking a HoS.

Or, perish the thought, give the tank 5 seconds at the start of the fight for aggro? And we've also got that nice taunt button...

Imp. Mangle has always been and will always be trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Catoblepas
    And dps can consider using TotT, MD, or taking a HoS.

Or, perish the thought, give the tank 5 seconds at the start of the fight for aggro? And we've also got that nice taunt button...

Imp. Mangle has always been and will always be trash.
    "I will taunt and auto attack and the dps can worry about their threat"

Catoblepas

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    "I will taunt and auto attack and the dps can worry about their threat"
    Got me!

The ONLY people I've had to worry about threat on have been fury warriors that are double sparked on Maly. Imp. Mangle wouldn't make or break the absurd amounts of threat a 213/226 fury warrior puts out. So I get MDs and Tricks, and the warriors get Hands.

Yeah, it takes a little more thought than dps gangbanging, but hey, remember the days of Omen?

Quote Originally Posted by Catoblepas
    Got me!

The ONLY people I've had to worry about threat on have been fury warriors that are double sparked on Maly. Imp. Mangle wouldn't make or break the absurd amounts of threat a 213/226 fury warrior puts out. So I get MDs and Tricks, and the warriors get Hands.

Yeah, it takes a little more thought than dps gangbanging, but hey, remember the days of Omen?
    well mangle does about 2.5x the threat swipe does. it's also the difference between (swipe + maul)x2 + (mangle + maul) and (swipe + maul)x3 + (mangle + maul) with a lacerate tossed in when needed. it's good imo.

I never said iMangle was worthless. *I* feel that 3/3 is not needed and if people didn't have selective reading you would also see that I said 2/3 is plenty *IMO*

This is the build I currently tank with http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZxGGscrzceRccuio0E0z. That leaves me 1 point to put anywhere I want. Sure I can drop it in iMangle to max it out but I choose to put 1 point into shredding attacks. Why? Because 90% of the time there is another feral druid with me who typically stays in bear even in dps situations so I prefer 9 less energy on shred then 2 more off of mangle because he will keep the mangle debuff up. I feel this build gives me better dps in cat form. I will probably change this with the dual specs though since the odds are I will just run a tank/feral dps setup.

If I ever need a boost in threat I pop enrage/berserk.

Catoblepas

ILotP is almost as srs bsns as Imp. Mangle.

EDIT: And unless you're specifically banning Death Knights from your raids, you shouldn't ever need Infected Wounds for PvE either.