Priest mana reg specc

Howdy!

I'm a level 80 priest that just specced Holy, but I haves some problem with mana-reg during fights. The servers and armory are down
    right now for maintenance. But the stats are about;
    1800 spellpower
    16000 mana
    700 Spirit
    260 mp5 while casting
    these are self buffed.

So I basically run out of mana quite fast if I have to spam heal, obviously because of the mp5. I just saw the new talent tree for the new patch and
    started to make a mana friendly specc for my priest. Heres what I came up with;
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9614

When I raid heal, wich I usually do, I use mostly Flash Heal, Circle of Healing, Prayer of Healing and Prayer of Mending, Shield
    and Renew on the Tanks. On all the fights I have to use Shadowfiend, mana pot, Hymn of Hope and Arcane Torrent to keep
    the mana up.

What do you think of the specc? And do you have any other tips to help me not get oom all the time, besides the "five second rule"?

/Best Regards Force9

Re: Priest mana reg specc

Your mp5 is very low, I got around 500-600 as shadowpriest, and 7-800 when I spec into healing.

Anyway, going with a hybrid spec won't be any good for you. You'll need deep holy with Serendipity and Surge of Light, or deep Disciplin with full Rapture, Penance and Borrowed Time.

Atm. Penance have practically no mana cost due to Rapture, and is a very efficient heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Your mp5 is very low, I got around 500-600 as shadowpriest, and 7-800 when I spec into healing.

Anyway, going with a hybrid spec won't be any good for you. You'll need deep holy with Serendipity and Surge of Light, or deep Disciplin with full Rapture, Penance and Borrowed Time.

Atm. Penance have practically no mana cost due to Rapture, and is a very efficient heal.
    His/her MP5 isn't awful as he's stated it's his/her MP5 within the FSR.

My MP5 within the FSR is only 271 and I have zero mana issues currently. I suspect it's the play style that is causing the majority of the problems (or some bizarre hybrid build).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ubashi&n=Synge

The main problem with a spec like this is that your healing output will be low, as will your ability to mitigate damage via shields, grace and divine aegis. So really, you'd be spending more time casting heals to make up for the low healing output/mitigation, which means you'd have to use more mana in the first place to heal the same amount as a deep holy priest would and be in the the FSR for short duration. Just manage your mana better or tell the other healers to pick up their game if you're having to spam so many AoE heals.

My disc set has about the same regen as you, expect i have close to 20k mana and a fair bit more spell power, and I never have mana problems...but that is with the current Rapture. Maybe Disc would suit you better, you should give it a try.

Well, I havent raided all that much as Holy. But when I do I usually have to cast almost constantly during bosses. CoH is used as soon as it gets off CD, and between those times i spam Flash Heal and Renew to keep everyone at max health. Since I'm quite new to healing
    I could use a few tips from some a bit more experienced ones. With different playstyles etc.
    I always top the healing meters, and I'm often the lowest healer on "Overhealing Done". I dont know, maybe im
    healing way to much then necessary, maybe should let the droods HoT's do some job instead of spam AoE heals all the time.

My current specc is 14/57/0, link http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbzhZfxx0fMqihVIRx .

Quote Originally Posted by Force9
    Well, I havent raided all that much as Holy. But when I do I usually have to cast almost constantly during bosses. CoH is used as soon as it gets off CD, and between those times i spam Flash Heal and Renew to keep everyone at max health. Since I'm quite new to healing
    I could use a few tips from some a bit more experienced ones. With different playstyles etc.
    I always top the healing meters, and I'm often the lowest healer on "Overhealing Done". I dont know, maybe im
    healing way to much then necessary, maybe should let the droods HoT's do some job instead of spam AoE heals all the time.

My current specc is 14/57/0, link http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbzhZfxx0fMqihVIRx .
    If you're chain renewing people, that is likely a culprit for causing you to go OOM. Renew is currently quite useless as your mana is better spent Flash Healing people that need it. Typically only keep Renew up on tanks. This may change in v3.1, but I'm fairly certain the majority of healing from your Renew is wasted.

If you're topping someone up with Flash Heal and then immediately applying Renew, that will definitely screw you - and fast

OP that spec is so terrible im not even going to bother writing a good reply.

stick to the cookie cutter specs because they are the most optimized.

So its nice to see helpful people like the one above me

Anyway: Inspiration. You need it. It directly saves you mana by reducing damage to your tank.
    GS: Even if raid healing I use it for the increased healing on a target - you top up some DK and boom they are full health.

Healing focus: if you need it you are standing in damage. Move. I prefer to put a point into DP for those times I do take damage.

So I can't see your gear but maybe your Spirit could use a boost? I think one of the best things i ever got was Spirit-world glass. I can pop that in a quiet moment and watch my bar fill...

I used to make use of mana food as well as flask. Last 10 man I did with a TBC flask and no mana food. I could still spam flash for the duration of most fights