Thread: Critting Dots

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Critting Dots

In regards to resilience, that's most likely a bug. But don't tell anyone.

Atm the Imp Devo plague which is supposed to give 15% more dmg and the 15% instant hit doesn't work. The +15% is actually -15%, and the instant doesn't go off. The crits are 150% which would make your dps lower, but you are seeing a damage increase because it is still factoring in the %crit = +% dot damage from current shadowform.

My 4.6 was with a trinket proc on a target with Curse of elements.

I thought DP instant part wasnt going off at first. But i was watching the combat log and it does go off. It may not show the numbers over the mobs head. But i see it go off.

It also doesn't show on their health bar, so unless it's extreme hidden damage it ain't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuggle
    It also doesn't show on their health bar, so unless it's extreme hidden damage it ain't working.
    i loled ^^

If I understand Ghostcrawler correctly then crit-chance for dots should be lowered by resilience indeed. I honestly think it's time to give shadowpriests a little crit from talents now. Buff Mind Melt or slap some more crit-chance on Shadow Power or Focused Mind (or Shadow Affinity to mess with our specs, tehe).

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Since we get, oh so imba, 9% crit in pvp gear and resilience reduces that to -10%.. yeah, I see dots critting in arenas. Not.
    It's a clear pve nerf, unless dots crit for 100%.

Using this simple math - say all 3 dots tick for 1000 and crit rating is 20%. Over the course of 30 seconds, each dot will tick 10 times.

Old way:

30 000 damage, with 20% modified it amounts to 30 000 + 0.2*30 000 = 36 000

New way:

30 000 damage, with 20% crit rating it means that 6 ticks will crit. They will do 1500 damage, meaning 500 * 6 = 3000 additional on top of 30 000 of initial amounting to 33 000.

I know the math behind it is simple but it's clear as day it's a slight nerf. I don't know what called for that, shadow priest was at the bottom of the chart in a raid with people in the equal gear and equal knowledge of their class.
    This is way over simplified and just plain wrong.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fuggle
    Atm the Imp Devo plague which is supposed to give 15% more dmg and the 15% instant hit doesn't work. The +15% is actually -15%, and the instant doesn't go off. The crits are 150% which would make your dps lower, but you are seeing a damage increase because it is still factoring in the %crit = +% dot damage from current shadowform.
    Talents were bugged in the first PTR-build but Imp Devouring Plague should be working now, unlearn your talents to reset the bugged talent builds.

Shadowform still has the old crit benefit and gives 150% crits. Ofc the old mechanic must be removed, and there are blue post now saying we probably will get 200% crits on dots aswell, so I'm quite confident it will all work out. I just hope they fix this fast so we can actually start testing the spec.

And btw. shadowfiend is no joke now, mine hits over 1k with melee on PTR

@heriana - if you care to enlighten me why you believe it's wrong - go ahead. Otherwise, your reply is just another +1 that doesn't help discuss or conclude anything.

Also, instant damage dealt by DP on PTR is fixed, mine does 1k now in PvE gear without SW stacked at all (2k spellpower unbuffed, 18.30% crit).

I'm getting around same hits with 2050 spellpower and 19% crit..

Btw, anyone on PTR EU - BRILL Server? Come to have a chitchat at Dalaran bank! (Northern)

I was shadow since day one until about half way through wrath were it kinda seemed like we lost our nich so i decided to go pve disc because i like the healing style better than holy.

Personally i like the old ways of the shadowpriest were we brought utility to the raid other than lol replenishment and 3% hit, but the way it looks now in 3.2 warriors and rogues will most likely grant replenishment on heroic strikes and sinister strikes.

The dots critting is an awesome new change and makes me miss shadow and hopefully will give us a chance to run at the top since the utility is pretty low now, although i see more changes coming as GC commented about the critting probably not being enough and probably having to bump it to 200% =)

My impression is our damage will scale alot better with this critting dots. It doesn't seem to be a nerf when testing on dummies ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Masennus
    Btw, anyone on PTR EU - BRILL Server? Come to have a chitchat at Dalaran bank! (Northern)
    Northrend crashes all the time
    But I'm at the Undercity Target Dummies (War Quater, next to the priest trainer).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    My impression is our damage will scale alot better with this critting dots. It doesn't seem to be a nerf when testing on dummies ingame.
    That's because shadowform is still bugged on PTR, as it has been said many times in this thread.

I tried without shadowform as well, but the point is that the whole idea of letting all our spells scale with crit is very nice, since we scale so horrible with haste.

Well the thing is, we still get the dots scale with old shadowform and they are able to crit on ptr. It's not fixed yet but do a test yourself, cast VT on the PTR and on the live server, regular ticks will tick the same.

I tried without shadowform as well, but the point is that the whole idea of letting all our spells scale with crit is very nice, since we scale so horrible with haste.
    without shadowform you cannot test anything, because everything discussed here is connected with it^^ (without it you should have exactly the same numbers life and on prt -leaving out DP)

and as said it's bugged

If it's a 100% crit on dots, then it's a slight buff, nothing ground breaking. If it's dots critting for 50%, then it's a nerf.

But it'll more likely be 150% (like regulare crits), or 200% (like Ruin)

When I said 50% I meant they'll be doing 150%. GC said they might add 100% crit bonus to dots too since it seems they want to buff us a bit.