Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

This might sound retarded

But i've notied that boomkin gear has no hit rate on it ??? a friend of mine is having to resort to asking in raids if he can roll on certen cloth gear for get his hit rate up, is there a certen way for a boomkin to get there hit rate up without crippling there dmg and dps by swaping gems out for all hit rate as i've noticed there is no leather hitrate gear for boomkins only feral specc.

Deleted

Re: This might sound retarded

elemental shamans have the same problem, but ther tier items have hit and there's jewelry/weapons with it too so it's a non-issue

http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4.2&fi...;crv=0:0#0-2+1
    can we say bad item design?

yes rolling on cloth will be your next options. most of those cloth pieces are best in slot for you anyway

Quote Originally Posted by hephij
    elemental shamans have the same problem, but ther tier items have hit and there's jewelry/weapons with it too so it's a non-issue
    thats part of the problem though, i play a mage and my friend plays a boomkin and in 25 man raids he's been told he can't roll on cloth and he's not a "pure dps class" which i thinks bullshit because im able to get 6% more hit then he is from talents alone, most of the leather that drops from naxx resto druids are being given the gear which has haste on it.....from what i understand HoTs don't need haste right?

It sounds like you are in a failure guild.

I suggest you both leave and find a guild that doesn't need to L2P.

There is no such thing as Cloth/Leather/Mail/Plate priority.

If an item is best in slot for your class, then you are going to need/want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    It sounds like you are in a failure guild.

I suggest you both leave and find a guild that doesn't need to L2P.

i'll link this thread to the guild master it might give him a wake up call lol, the guild it's self ain't bad at all we all get on but when cloth gear drops it's like throwing a slab of meat in a shark tank...everyone goes f'n nuts for it

No haste is important for Resto drood's !

With the -20% Gcd on Hot's , you're looking at going as near as possible to the minimum Cd which is 1 sec

More hot's casted = more heal's
    Even for the direct Heal's it's important !

But if there's a mana issue for Tree will' be rolling on crit items as haste could be to expensive in mana
    I hope not for my fellow boomkins

While it's true that best in slot gear is based on stats and has nothing to do with armor class (well, other than tanks), if you allow anyone to roll on any class gear you're going to end up with overgeared resto / elemental shammies & holy pallies and deprived clothies and to some extent druids. Restricting people to roll on their own class is a good way to ensure loot is evenly distributed between the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    While it's true that best in slot gear is based on stats and has nothing to do with armor class (well, other than tanks), if you allow anyone to roll on any class gear you're going to end up with overgeared resto / elemental shammies & holy pallies and deprived clothies and to some extent druids. Restricting people to roll on their own class is a good way to ensure loot is evenly distributed between the classes.
    even if that means there under hit capped due to some gear not having any hit?
    i mean yeah a boonkin could get capped by stacking gems and enchants but wouldn't that fuck there dmg up in the long run, dropping say X amount of dmg for hit just to keep them self in par with others who are hit capped?

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    That is why you use DKP...

If a Paladin wants to spend DKP on Mail, thats up to him.

If a Hunter wants to spend DKP on Leather, thats up to him.

If a Druid wants to spend DKP on Cloth, thats up to him.

Although to be fair, i've never had to roll on cloth to get hit cap.

I got the Mark of the War Prisoner Trinket (+73 Hit), +Hit Cloth Belt from 10 Man Badges and the +Hit Offhand from 10 Man Badges.

ehh you say leather got no hit rating?? i got only 1 cloth item( wrist) and they dont got hit on them.

i have only 1 +hit gem and im hit capped so..

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...zune&n=Parasha
    Amberkintribe Yogg+0 kill 10man.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuQ1_SjRxaA

If a Paladin wants to spend DKP on Mail, thats up to him.

If a Hunter wants to spend DKP on Leather, thats up to him.

Some classes have a bigger competition than others. A normal guild has a maximum of 2 elemental shamans. If you allow elemental shamans to roll on all items, they would take all mail items nearly for free, due to no competition and then spend a huge amount of DKP for cloth items for example, while classes, that are restricted to cloth have to spend the same amount and end up with much less items.
    I wouldn't generally allow or forbid bidding for cloth items, but i would ask the player for arguments, why there is not alternative to that item.

15+ Year Old Account

i'm not in my moonkin gear at the moment after taking quite a hefty break so linking my armory would be pointless but i felt hit rating was slightly difficult to obtain. i have 4/5 valorous + gothik's cowl (the legs were available and too many need the Vanquisher helm) and shoulders are the only tier i have that give hit. i'm using Mark of the War Prisoner (fking Dying Curse won't drop now all our mages/locks have it), Greatstaff of the Nexus, the badge belt and the Icewaler enchant to give hit and i'm just on the edge of 10% hit. obviously, it's dependant on what gear drops.

the ideal setup of 4/5 Valorous and Leggings of Atrophy/Wanton Spellcaster makes hit a non-issue because the helm has 50 or so and the legs have 70+. our guild does the whole armory proficiency priority and i think it's bull because those legs from 25 man Maly are the best caster legs in the game for any offensive caster. period.

Boomkins have to be allowed to ask for cloth. That is not to say they should always win it. Either it is done by DkP (in which case non issue) or loot council (in which case you should be simply in a queue based on size of upgrade etc) or random rolls - which is retarded for a guild.

If GM thinks no boomkins can wear cloth - he should look at a best in slot list and realise every single one has cloth in top 3 spots, many have cloth as #1.

The only leather with hit rating on it is the t7 and t7.5 shoulders/helm. It is a must to roll on cloth unless you get a hit trinket and full all your gem slots with hit rating.
    Signatures are overrated.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by redfly
    http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4.2&fi...;crv=0:0#0-2+1
    can we say bad item design?

yes rolling on cloth will be your next options. most of those cloth pieces are best in slot for you anyway
    http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4.2&fi...:1:1;crv=0:0:0
    goes to show your point even better. 5 leather spell damage pieces with hit in Wrath.

As for mail:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4.3&fi...:1:1;crv=0:0:0
    8 pieces. At least Shamans get an extra piece of teir with hit :P

As another responder said, that doesn't solve the problem. A resto pally ONLY has to bid DKP against other resto pallies. Probably half the time (or more) there are no other resto pallies in the group so you get the gear for free.

Meanwhile as a mage, lock, or priest, you're stuck with EVERY caster in the raid bidding against you. The pally is getting all of his shit for free and only has to spend DKP on "best in slot" cloth/leather/mail. The actual cloth classes are going to be way behind because they can't compete DKP-wise with a class that never has to spend DKP. Even a RNG roll for need would be more fair to the clothies than letting pallies/shaman/druids outbid on DKP.

I certainly wouldn't argue that cloth/leather/mail should NEVER go to higher armor classes, but any guild with half a brain should be using some method to alleviate the situation so cloth casters/healers can actually get gear. Boomkins, Shaman, and Pallies are all perfectly capable of getting +hit from enchants, jewelry, rep rewards, and other such sources. It's not like preventing your cloth guildies from ever getting gear is the ONLY option for the situation.

Another solution may be for the guild to charge DKP even when there's no competition for your gear - so if a pally takes a resto plate piece, he actually loses an equal amount of DKP to what the clothies have to spend on each of their pieces. Rather than being able to horde DKP to outbid clothies while getting all his best-in-slot plate for free.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript
    http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4.2&fi...:1:1;crv=0:0:0
    goes to show your point even better. 5 leather spell damage pieces with hit in Wrath.

As for mail:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4.3&fi...:1:1;crv=0:0:0
    8 pieces. At least Shamans get an extra piece of teir with hit :P
    Except shaman's get 1% less hit through talents than druids.

To the OP's GM: Ignore armour type. If offset is best in slot for a cloth caster, chances are its best in slot for an elemental shaman/moonkin (ignoring spirit/tier gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Rebz
    even if that means there under hit capped due to some gear not having any hit?
    It's very easy to get hit capped without hit rating on any leather gear. Incidentally, T7 does have hit rating on it...

i mean yeah a boonkin could get capped by stacking gems and enchants but wouldn't that fuck there dmg up in the long run, dropping say X amount of dmg for hit just to keep them self in par with others who are hit capped?
    Depends on the exact item comparisons. It may be a DPS loss to them, but here's an example of what happens if you let everyone roll on all classes of caster gear available to them, and let's assume perfect raid distribution (somehow we've managed to fit 30 players into a 25 man raid, we'll skip over that for simplicity purposes).

Cloth gear: 3xMages, 3xLocks, 3xPriests, 2xDruids, 2xShammies, 1xPally
    Leather gear: 2xDruids, 2xShammies, 1xPally
    Mail gear: 2xShammies, 1xPally
    Plate gear: 1xPally

Naxx 25 distribution of loot:
    Cloth: 29
    Leather: 13
    Mail:14
    Plate: 14

If you let everyone roll on their own armor class you will get:
    Mages: 29 pieces / 9 people = 3.22 pieces per person
    Priests: 29/9 = 3.22
    Locks: 29/9 = 3.22
    Druids: 13/2 = 6.5
    Shammies: 14/2 = 7
    Pallies: 14/1 = 14

If you let everyone roll on any class item:
    Mages: 29/14 = 2.07
    Priests: 29/14 = 2.07
    Locks: 29/14 = 2.07
    Druids: 29/14 + 13/5 = 4.67
    Shammies: 29/14 + 13/5 + 14/3 = 9.34
    Pallies: 29/14 + 13/5 + 14/3 + 14/1 = 23.34

In other words your pallies have a LOT more loot available to them, and with standard rolls they're going to get a lot more loot than the other classes as well. This means they get geared up very quickly while your other classes are still left with less gear. What this means is that after a few weeks you're going to be DEing plate caster gear 'cause the pallies don't need it, while the clothies still haven't even got half epics...

There is a lot to be said for restricting classes to their own armor class. As you see above, there's already enough competition for cloth loot without allowing everyone to roll on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!