Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: When & how often do you use Mind Sear?

I just got this spell last night, and I'm still trying to fit it into my spell casts when dealing with an AE pull.

Do you just select a target that is not being targeted by MT and mind sear it to damage the rest or do you (in my case) cast MB/VT/DP/MF/SWP on the MT target and Mind Sear it to damage the rest of the group? The second option doesn't seem right to me just because the MT target usually goes down pretty fast so Mind Sear may be cut short when it dies. I'm asking because I'm not quite sure where to throw Mind Sear in.

Thanks for your help.

Advice please. :-[

15+ Year Old Account

Whenever there are more than 3 enemies.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Thanks, I was alson wonder what's the magic number of mobs. That helps.

When I use it, should I just start of with Mind Sear or throw in the other spells then Mind Sear.

Thanks again.

It's a nice spell for grinding, aswell as some pve trash pulls.

On trash pulls, target the MT,s target and MInd sear, maybe put up the two instant dots, but wasting time when the other AOE will be killing the other adds very fast will only make you dissapointed, sometimes it can even be okay to use it as the MT does the Aoe pull because you just fade as they rush you and he's fine. finding ways to maximise dps on trash isn't the MOST vital skill, but it can be fun to see overall meters for a naxx run be 30%mind sear and topping the meters, it's a very powerful spell

Quote Originally Posted by Greid
    On trash pulls, target the MT,s target and MInd sear, maybe put up the two instant dots, but wasting time when the other AOE will be killing the other adds very fast will only make you dissapointed, sometimes it can even be okay to use it as the MT does the Aoe pull because you just fade as they rush you and he's fine. finding ways to maximise dps on trash isn't the MOST vital skill, but it can be fun to see overall meters for a naxx run be 30%mind sear and topping the meters, it's a very powerful spell

Maybe its just me but I usually go for the last kill target when mind searing, since it doesn't deal damage to the target and the Tanks target usually won't last long anyway I can usually get a longer channel duration doing it this way and not have to worry as much with adds pulling off onto me.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Thanks for your help in clarifying when and how to use Mind Sear.

I was in a group with a 2 paladins and a dk in VH. Although they all were 2-3 levels higher than me, I was disappoitned with my damge with trash pulls. I pulled competitive damage on bosses, but was lacking on trash because I didn't quite know when or how to use Mind Sear since I had just trained it right before going in. I was wasting my time putting up dots then Mind Sear.

Thanks a bunch.

i use it on anything from a 3pull up.. dot your target w/ DP and MS away