Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

PTR: New shadowfiend skill?

Just tried dualspeccing on the PTR (never liked holy but with the OO5SR change it seems nice compared to disc now) and I've come upon a skill the shadowfiend has I've never seen before...

I never really looked at the tiny pet frame of mine when shadowfiend was active on live but did it always have this skill?

The tooltip translates into:

Creeping Shadows (?)
    30 yards/meters range
    Instant 6 Seconds Cooldown
    Crawl through the shadows to target enemy and increases the damage done to this target by 30% for 5 seconds.

Never really seen (or noticed?) that before, but it reads like a blink ability, and as I've seen a blue poster saying they are trying to fix the annoying mobility issues of the fiend I thought this may be it?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Re: PTR: New shadowfiend skill?

Hm 6 second cooldown? Isn't it supposed to be 5 minutes? Or am I missing something?

EDIT: Spelling.

Deleted

just poped it on live and it dose not have that atm..

looks like its going to give more mana now =D

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crownless
    Hm 6 second cooldown? Isn't it supposed to be 5 minutes? Or am I missing something?

EDIT: Spelling.
    It's the tooltip of the skill the shadowfiend has (that is set to autocast, in the petbar on the shot), not the tooltip of the shadowfiend.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

all of you above doesn't even seem to understand what it does.

now you can pop the shadowfiend for extra damage (which I were already doing, seeing it hits for around 8k total damage and only took one global cooldown to summon on live).

See this as our "powerup", like arcane presence or something similar. With a 3min cd on shadowfiend I think this is a great change, possibly useful in pvp as well for good burst.

Assuming the fiend lives, you'll get 10 seconds of 30% extra damage from all sources on your target!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud

Creeping Shadows (?)
    30 yards/meters range
    Instant 6 Seconds Cooldown
    Crawl through the shadows to target enemy and increases the damage done to this target by 30% for 5 seconds.
    well it swounds like its some sort of shadow step and increases the mana we get out of the shadowfiend.

the Creeping Shadows shood be up 13 sec of the 15 the fiend is alive thats 86% of the time.

but just testede my fiend on the same dummy. and it was returning arond 700 mana a hit. and they did say it woud go 1% up in the mana return, and i can se you are geting 800 or so.

so looks like a plain dps boost.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cham

now you can pop the shadowfiend for extra damage (which I were already doing, seeing it hits for around 8k total damage and only took one global cooldown to summon on live).

See this as our "powerup", like arcane presence or something similar. With a 3min cd on shadowfiend I think this is a great change, possibly useful in pvp as well for good burst.

Assuming the fiend lives, you'll get 10 seconds of 30% extra damage from all sources on your target!
    i have not got my prist over on the ptr yet.. so any one wana confirm that its not only the shadowfeind that get the extra damage buff?

15+ Year Old Account

I honestly don't think this means 30% more damage by all sources. That would be an insane change to make without announcing it in the patchnotes.

30% more raid damage on a 3 minute cooldown for 10 seconds would be extremly awesome. Bloodlust/Heroism level awesome.

I think it just means 30% more damage done by the shadowfiend to his target. It doesn't say anything about who does more damage to the target, and considering the german tooltip history, I'd say that implies a "you" [in this case because it is the tooltip of the pet, the pet is meant with you] do 30% more damage to the target.

But nice nontheless. More mana, more damage and possibly a shadowstep.

It's nice to know that they are at least investigating giving the shadowfiend a shadowstep, even if it never makes it through the testing.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud

But nice nontheless. More mana, more damage and possibly a shadowstep.
    Each attack gives a % of mana back, it's not based of the damage the fiend does any more.
    Therefore this effect would only count for a very very small amount of damage if it's not affecting the spriest him/herself atleast...

Also, they're nerfing heroism to give a 10min debuff if I'm not mistaken, this change would really make priests useful.

It's just speculation though, i'll try it out soon.

Currently my Devoruing Plague does no instant damage.

15+ Year Old Account

Each attack gives a % of mana back, it's not based of the damage the fiend does any more.
    Therefore this effect would only count for a very very small amount of damage if it's not affecting the spriest him/herself atleast...

Also, they're nerfing heroism to give a 10min debuff if I'm not mistaken, this change would really make priests useful.
    Hmm that's true, I still thought of manareg tied to damage done by the fiend.

Currently my Devoruing Plague does no instant damage.
    Same here at least when I tried it on the test dummy a few times.

nice little convenient tidbit, if it stays. giving the shadowfiend a brain has been one of my many wishes as a shadow/discipline priest.

hopefully they'll give it the same amount of damage that ghost wolves and treants have.

this is one step closer to making dispersion base line for mana return, and shadowfiend a 51 point talent pet perhaps similar to mages elemental.

that'd make discipline the clear choice once again for pvp. and blizzards obviously got shadow pvp in mind with the 3.1 priest changes. i doubt they'll do that any time within the next...10 years. unless they have a mass homogenization or somthing

Quote Originally Posted by Dominada
    this is one step closer to making dispersion base line for mana return, and shadowfiend a 51 point talent pet perhaps similar to mages elemental.
    If they actually decided to make our shadowfiend increase the damage to the target it's attacking by 30% for 5 seconds (x2), I wouldn't mind having it as my 51-pointer.

Dispersion baseline is a big no though.

Its a buff that the shadowfiend gets. The SHADOWFIEND does 30% more damage.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh
    The wording of the OP's translation implies otherwise. How cool would an Arcane Power-esque personal 3min cooldown 30% damage buff be? Wow. Finally a cooldown to use during Bloodlust.

Based on what I know of Blizzard's buffing and nerfing trends, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the way it is. If it's 30% more dps for just the fiend, it's pretty weak. The question to be asked is: What's the point? No one uses the fiend for its dps, and Blizz seems to understand that.
    Problem is, it's the translation of a translation, and there have been serious translation errors at least with talents on live in the german client. So best would be if someone with the english PTR client could check the english tooltip. The sentence makes sense in german, but it doesn't specify a bit about _who_ does more damage. It just says "damage being done to the target is increased by 30%" [sic].

I'd at least wait for the official english tooltip before hoping for a 30% damage increase every 3 minutes.

I think the safest bet would be an increase in dps just for the shadowfiend, if it counted for more than just the pet I would have expected a debuff of some kind.

as a healer this wouldn't matter whatever the case, you're not a dps

as shadow, it would make a minor difference, I'm currently only ever using my pet for mana during Kel Thuzad, other than that I simply do not run out of mana, ever, so there's no point in not using the pet for that slight dps increase

Deleted

well it can put out some nice dps when bloodlust is up at the same time.. i use it for a pure dps.. defently the short figths.. only think its 3 draks i use it coz i need mana

it seems like it only affects shadowfiend

couldnt test more fucking client crashed again. and cd is 5min even though i have the veiled shadows.