3.1 Shadow PvE build

I've spent quite some time on the calculator trying to come up with a new PvE build. I'm not talking only about Sarth3d where imp VE and 0 pts in Shadow Affinity is needed, I'm talking about clearing Naxx25, Malygos, VoA, whatever... An overall PvE spec not a fight specific spec.

Assuming I use Shadowfiend to get more DPS per fight every 3 minutes (and thus more mana from it) plus Imp Spirit Tap (33% now after each crit), I am wondering do I even need to put all the points in Meditation or could I go with say 1/3?

Here's the build I've had in mind:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...5&version=9614

Or would it be smarter to unlearn Shadow Affinity completely and put all 3 points in Meditation?

Re: 3.1 Shadow PvE build

threat isnt an issue anymore. lose shadow affinity. i'd recommend you either fill improved vamp embrace up, as it's been buffed to 5 minutes w/o a CD now, making it sexier for pve, or put one in imp VE, and taking inner focus. allow me to explain.

your dots can crit now. SWain will, ideally, be casted once during a fight. macro inner focus to it, and you'll have a free dot with an infinite duration w/ +25% crit tied in.

Hm that's an interesting thought, I mean I've used inner focus + sw macro before but do you think that all sw ticks will have their crit chance increased throughout the fight? It would be nice if it worked that way.

well, it keeps the crit chance damage increase for the entire duration right now, i dont see why it wouldnt keep the extra crit chance for the whole duration once the mechanic is changed. and unless blizzard intended to nerf us, i think all our dots will be added into shadow power(or just become X2 base crit damage anyway).

How about posting in the OTHER thread where we discussed most of what crazy ideas you may have allready ;-)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=40759.0

Quote Originally Posted by Raige
    well, it keeps the crit chance damage increase for the entire duration right now, i dont see why it wouldnt keep the extra crit chance for the whole duration once the mechanic is changed. and unless blizzard intended to nerf us, i think all our dots will be added into shadow power(or just become X2 base crit damage anyway).
    Are you sure of this? if so I would expect to have read it at elitist jerks and it would be part of every shadow priests cast rotation.