Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Gluth 10 man help!

I really think your best option here is to have your UH DK kiting the adds by himself, with one of the pally healers healing him. Unholy aura gives the speed boost, and just have him in frost presence. Stack your ranged all together, so all the zombies go to one place and a simple DnD on a shorter cooldown as he is unholy will pick them all up. This is a brilliant setup.

When decimate is close, have your kiter pick up the last zombies and take them to the back of the room. Then using PS will trigger unholy ground during decimate and hae you dps AoE. I can't see what trouble you could possible be having.

Have your kiting DKs wear PVP gloves, and just run around spamming chains. Emp rune wep if needbe, etc.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Joodas
    Hi

Were doing gluth with the guild , and have
    1 Protection Warrior
    1 Frost Death Knight Tank
    2 Holy Paladins
    1 Resto Shaman
    1 Enhancement Shaman
    1 Elemental Shaman
    1 Shadow Priest
    1 Unholy DK dps
    1 Blood DK dps

Well we tried Gluth once and failed twice on Decimate., although to be fair i dont think melee tried to dps them down

Point is some claim its impossible to do with the above setup whereas some believe it is
    Can someone give us tips on how to do this with our setup, even if it includes a respec or two

Thanks for feedback
    This should be an absolute joke with your setup. Have the caster Shaman keep Earthbind down and have your frost DK kiting adds with Frost Presence up. In my raid group we actually have one of our Holy Paladins kite the adds. Pretty much anyone with a moderate threat building attack and some raid group slow make the fight crazy easy. Just make sure you have the mobs a little bit away from Gluth before he Decimates.

I typically do the kiting for this fight as a DPS unholy DK. I put on my tank gear (540 def) so I'm immune to daze, and I can kite them all w/o any sort of slowing ability outside of a Chains from time to time. I don't usually get more than a 15-20 stack of the debuff either, and can sometimes kite a whole minute w/o getting hit and let them fall off. I don't typically even need any focused healer, as long as there's someone to spot heal me if i take a burst of damage.

We've done this before with this makup:

Tanks:
    Prot warrior, Feral Druid

Healers:
    Paladin, Priest, Druid

DPS:
    Blood DK, 2 DW Dks, Unholy DK, 1 Spriest

Tanks bring gluth to the far wall, healers and spriest stack on top of each other. I drop a D&D between the zombie spawn point and the healers about the time the first zombie is in position to be hit by it and run a BIG circle around the back half of the room. It takes me about 15 seconds to be back next to the healers again, and I drop another D&D in the same spot and drag my zombies through it.

This almost always picks up zombies before they make it to the healers, but also doesn't agro them on me until they're quite far away. I use Death Coil to pick up stray zombies, and Chains of ice if one isn't sticking with the pack correctly. When I see that decimate is < 10 seconds away, instead of looping back toward the healers, i just keep kiting to the back left corner, so we have max range to kill them. Holy Wrath + any AoE you have should be more than enough to take them down, especially since you'll have earthbind as well.

Try to get the Holy Wrath off ASAP since shaman and DK AoE is location based, and DKs can't even recast theirs until 15 seconds later. Your DKs can also death grip a few back if there's only 1-2 remaining and they're getting close to gluth.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Joodas
    Hi

Were doing gluth with the guild , and have
    1 Protection Warrior
    1 Frost Death Knight Tank
    2 Holy Paladins
    1 Resto Shaman
    1 Enhancement Shaman
    1 Elemental Shaman
    1 Shadow Priest
    1 Unholy DK dps
    1 Blood DK dps

Well we tried Gluth once and failed twice on Decimate., although to be fair i dont think melee tried to dps them down

Point is some claim its impossible to do with the above setup whereas some believe it is
    Can someone give us tips on how to do this with our setup, even if it includes a respec or two

Thanks for feedback
    It's not possible. For several reasons.

1) You NEED a hunter for Gluth. If you don't have that, you NEED mages
    2) You NEED AOE, you have almost nothing.
    3) Blood DK's in raids are fail.
    4) Enhancement Shaman with 2 other Shamans is fail.

Replace the Enhancement Shaman with a Mage
    Replace the Blood DK with a Hunter
    Replace the Unholy DK or the Elemental Shaman with a Warlock, Seed of Corruption is one of the strongest AOE's in the game.
    2 Holy Paladin's are okay, although that may be too much tank healing. You might want to go 2 healers and make one of the Paladins go ret. You only need 3 healers on Sapphiron, Kel'Thuzad, and Four Horsemen.

So setup is:

Frost DK
    Prot Warrior
    Holy Paladin
    Holy Paladin(Replace with Resto Druid or Shaman)
    Elemental Shaman
    Shadow Priest
    Mage
    Hunter
    Mage
    Warlock or Moonkin Druid

That's a good setup for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelico
    ...or hunter, dk, spriest, fury warrior, ret paladin...
    it's long since the only aoe was mage/lock...
    GOOD locks can still aoe fine, as can mages. Dunno what you're smoking

Ret Paladins do well, as do shadow priests and hunters. DK's are OK, but Fury Warriors? GTFO

1. Earthbind
    2. Frostshock
    3. ???
    4. Profit.

Seriously, you don't even need any additional slows. (I managed once without getting hit, taken it was only about 1.5 decimates)
    [b]The individual who was farthest along and had the best chance at teaching other Tauren how to be a rogue was Gamon... and we all know what keeps happening to him when he tries to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by shono99

See my post directly above. We did it with 4 DKs as DPS (which all of us at the time knew was very sub-optimal in terms of buff variety). Our DKs (and spriest) happen to be some of our best players too, so we were shattering all our fastest kill times the whole night. The whole player not the class thing.

Also, note that I have kited it *very* effectively without any assistance from a hunter trap, earthbind totem, or any other slowing effect (i don't use desecration).

On my under geared enh shaman, magma totem ticks for 600ish per 2 seconds. Assuming they have better gear, and the elemental and resto have higher spell power, that's around 2200 damage per 2 seconds that can crit (for 2x damage in the enh and elem case), add mind seer, 2x death and decay, unholy blight, and 2 sets of diseases per mob. I'd not call this "almost nothing." In fact, me (unholy DK) and our spriest are almost always #1 and #2 damage on AoE pulls, even against mages or locks.

One final nit pick. If you don't have a blood DK, and your other two shamans are not enhance, your hunter (which you say you mus thave) is likely survival, since all hunters are. Where are you getting your 10% AP from? At entry level raiding gear that already comes out as better than battle shout/might for some classes, and I really doubt you want to go without it.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

Replace the Enhancement Shaman with a Mage
    Replace the Blood DK with a Hunter
    Replace the Unholy DK or the Elemental Shaman with a Warlock, Seed of Corruption is one of the strongest AOE's in the game.
    2 Holy Paladin's are okay, although that may be too much tank healing. You might want to go 2 healers and make one of the Paladins go ret. You only need 3 healers on Sapphiron, Kel'Thuzad, and Four Horsemen.

So setup is:

Frost DK
    Prot Warrior
    Holy Paladin
    Holy Paladin(Replace with Resto Druid or Shaman)
    Elemental Shaman
    Shadow Priest
    Mage
    Hunter
    Mage
    Warlock or Moonkin Druid

That's a good setup for anything.
    Quit spewing random bullshit.

You don't need to replace anyone in your group setup it's perfectly fine.
    Blood DK's aren't fail in raids they can actually do really nice dps.
    The Unholy DK can easily train the undead mobs if he has desecrate, even if he doesn't he still has D&D and Chains.
    There is no rule against multiple shaman fyi.

Back to the point, your setup works fine, have the Unholy DK gather the mobs, have the shamans drop multiple earthbinds (spaced out from each other) when desecrate hits, and collect loots!

lolwut?

all four of your points are wrong.
    we did a naxx ten alt run last week, most of us had barely done any heroics on those toons.
    we had no hunter. (lol @ your "need")
    we had no mage.

we had two prot warriors, one fury warrior (in mostly lvl 70 epics and he tanked the adds using Piercing Howl).
    two holy pallys.
    one boomkin.
    one unholy dk.
    one SP.
    one rogue.
    one ele shammy.

The OT prot was wearing mostly dps gear for that fight to maximize his damage.

one Decimate.

The OP's comp is not unworkable, they just need some reps to work it out.
    The group I was with have the luxury of having done old Naxx and farming the 80 version since Dec on mains, so we all know the fights inside and out.

This fight is mainly about seeing the decimate timer on DBM. The add kiter should be paying attention to get them all close to each other and also as far as possible when decimate hits, that way AoE can take care of them easily. Healers should also be queueing big heals on the tanks, if your big heal is a 2 second cast, queue it once you see the timer around 1.5 seconds. Sounds like an issue of whoever is kiting the adds to be honest.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

euhmmmmmmm?
    only agree with the aoe thingie even tho its possible without. but u NEED a hunter? with us a rogue kited the adds quite easly so u need a hunter isnt true.
    i lolled irl when u said blood dk's in raids are fail, you also still think the only tank spec of a dk is frost right? well FYI a blood DK can be a good MT and bring good dps aswell.
    and shamans can do good stuff and u can easly have 2 heroism/bloodlusts in a battle and still be able to pop it up at the beginning of next bossfight. so i sugest u just shush over there in the corner
    All men…are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory! That's why there is war, violence and unrest. Inequality is not evil. Equality is! - Emperor Charles zi Britannia