Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disc gone from absorbtion to flat out healing?

So with this latest built change what are your thoughts.

- Grace doesn't reduce damage dealt to the target anymore but now increases the healing received from the Priest by 3% (Up from 2%)

Having been holy for flat out 4 years i found Disc quite refreshing with the absorbtion and utilities (PS and PI).

Now its turning into just flat out single target healing ?

Re: Disc gone from absorbtion to flat out healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tefty
    So with this latest built change what are your thoughts.

- Grace doesn't reduce damage dealt to the target anymore but now increases the healing received from the Priest by 3% (Up from 2%)

Having been holy for flat out 4 years i found Disc quite refreshing with the absorbtion and utilities (PS and PI).

Now its turning into just flat out single target healing ?
    This effect from Grace just went to renewed Hope in a much better version. After u Shield someone, every one in ur raid/group gets an buff which reduce dmg by 3%

And with the Cooldown reduction to PW:Shield(it hasnt any CD then, just GCD) u can Shield much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    This effect from Grace just went to renewed Hope in a much better version. After u Shield someone, every one in ur raid/group gets an buff which reduce dmg by 3%

And with the Cooldown reduction to PW:Shield(it hasnt any CD then, just GCD) u can Shield much more.
    Well spotted batman, more coffee needed this end...

Yeah you should still have aegis and renewed hope gives everyone in the raid a 3% reduction in damage taken, so if anything it's a buff of absorption going from healing a target 3 times for the effect to just PW:S one target and put the 3% reduction on a vast amount of people, priest sanc buff...~ish.

You'll still have PW:S, PS, and Divine Aegis for absorption techniques and idk maybe something else I might forget, I don't have a high level priest. Really your talents Grace and Renewed Hope, together, are getting a decent buff.
    Everyday I'm shufflin.

15+ Year Old Account

Guess you can look at it this way - looking the soul effect aside - we are to shields what druids are to hots in raid "healing".

But I wouldn't mind a tad more healing in disc than just 1% more pr stack.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

i just hate the fact that because discipline priests heal by making it so healing isnt needed, raid leaders are hesitant to bring them because the pallies have better numbers on the healing meters.

i'm convinced if recount added shielding to healing done, we'd by right up there with everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Raige
    i just hate the fact that because discipline priests heal by making it so healing isnt needed, raid leaders are hesitant to bring them because the pallies have better numbers on the healing meters.

i'm convinced if recount added shielding to healing done, we'd by right up there with everyone else.
    If this is happening to you in a guild, get a better guild.

EDIT: I play a prot warrior and my roomate plays a disc priest. I would take Disc heals over pally heals anytime anywhere.
    Rocket Sauce.

Deleted

A boost to spellpower would be a welcome change.

like intelect converts to spellpower for paladins and shamans, and spirit for holypriests and druids.

the new renewed hope might have become a very powerful, even abit OP:
    after casting a sheild all raid/party damage reduced by 3%.
    no range limit, for 20 secs. easly kept up on raid, HUGE raiding utility (while healing a tank, sheilding him every 15 sec allowing raid to take less damage considering sanc is not always available for raid), nice for pvp.

this gives a discipline priest a very special role, paladin's might have better hps on a single target and might be abit better with their beacon and endless mana on tank's, but this talent gives a discipline priest to passively assist raid healing (by meaning, not targeting raid member, by sheilding a tank mitigating a full raid. if i'll compare it would be like a holy priest geting a 30 sec duration heal over time that heals 3% of the tanks max health every time CoH crit's). there is no healer atm that can provide this amount of mitigation to damage, instantly and to the whole raid.

amazing mitigation utility for pve raiding if you ask me.

Bosanc didn't stacked with grace right? So this new renewed hope will stack with bosanc then?

If anything they are trying to push to use more absorption. Seems like they want us to cast PW:S a lot, maybe too much, what with the no cooldown for PW:S (save GCD). I just hope they haven't given up on PW:Barrier.

"Time is immeasurable, we can only see the perceptible effects of it. Maybe now you'll understand why I have no time."

i may be getting a little LOLRP in here, but i always thought it would be amazingly cool if Disc priests had a super powerful barrier spell that kind of made a bubble like Anti-Magic Zone on the ground, and the casting animation for it was them slamming thier fist into the ground.

Uses of the spell would be to protect a large number of people against a massive incoming burst of damage. Probably a long cooldown and cast time.
    Rocket Sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Marw
    Bosanc didn't stacked with grace right? So this new renewed hope will stack with bosanc then?
    i does from what i read.

Quote Originally Posted by Trolgar
    i may be getting a little LOLRP in here, but i always thought it would be amazingly cool if Disc priests had a super powerful barrier spell that kind of made a bubble like Anti-Magic Zone on the ground, and the casting animation for it was them slamming thier fist into the ground.

Uses of the spell would be to protect a large number of people against a massive incoming burst of damage. Probably a long cooldown and cast time.
    Isnt that basically the DKs magic bubble shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimuze
    Isnt that basically the DKs magic bubble shield?
    yes, and he's saying he feels the discipline priest deserves it more

Quote Originally Posted by nikkita
    the new renewed hope might have become a very powerful, even abit OP:
    after casting a sheild all raid/party damage reduced by 3%.
    no range limit, for 20 secs. easly kept up on raid, HUGE raiding utility (while healing a tank, sheilding him every 15 sec allowing raid to take less damage considering sanc is not always available for raid), nice for pvp.

this gives a discipline priest a very special role, paladin's might have better hps on a single target and might be abit better with their beacon and endless mana on tank's, but this talent gives a discipline priest to passively assist raid healing (by meaning, not targeting raid member, by sheilding a tank mitigating a full raid. if i'll compare it would be like a holy priest geting a 30 sec duration heal over time that heals 3% of the tanks max health every time CoH crit's). there is no healer atm that can provide this amount of mitigation to damage, instantly and to the whole raid.

amazing mitigation utility for pve raiding if you ask me.
    It would be quite nice if it worked that way but the wording seems a bit fishy.

Renewed Hope now also give you a 100% chance to reduce all damage taken by 3% for 20 sec to all friendly party and raid targets when you Power Word: Sheild a friendly target.

Note how it says friendly party and raid 'targets'. Might be that the only one getting the 3% damage reduction buff is the one being shielded. I'm a bit pessimistic about this so that is what I'd bet my money on will be how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahijnu
    It would be quite nice if it worked that way but the wording seems a bit fishy.

Renewed Hope now also give you a 100% chance to reduce all damage taken by 3% for 20 sec to all friendly party and raid targets when you Power Word: Sheild a friendly target.

Note how it says friendly party and raid 'targets'. Might be that the only one getting the 3% damage reduction buff is the one being shielded. I'm a bit pessimistic about this so that is what I'd bet my money on will be how it works.

I do understand what you are getting at, but it's either they didn't use members instead of targets where they should have, or they put all in as a mistake.

And lol at them misspelling Shield...

"Time is immeasurable, we can only see the perceptible effects of it. Maybe now you'll understand why I have no time."

it says all your targets though....

you dont target everyone at once

15+ Year Old Account

Knowing blizzard its only the one you shield.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Ya, the fact the the "targets" is plural leads me to believe it would be more than one person too, since you can't target more than one character. But whatever, hope for the best, expect the worst.

I'll be happy if they make it apply to everyone you Power Word : Barrier, if ever they include that for us.