Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 3.1 Shadow PvE build

My opinion and ideas: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=40759.0

That's why several threads sucks, to much repeating

@Nezoia yeah but i dont' want those Holy & Disc Builds and no PVP,too.

Of course it' going to be 14/00/47, well ok you can specc 13/00/48 ... which would not be that bad ... depends if blizzard makes a mistake like IF working on Dots (like whole fight swp with 25% extra crit ^^) then it would be a must have, but since Mana isn't that big problem the 25% crit for a spell very 3 min isn't really good.

But the builds postet above ... well i would say
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...6&version=9626
    is good, as long as you don't get an encounter where you need aoe heal and u get interupted.
    that's why i'm thinking about taking points out of Focused mind ... well that has to be tested if that works fine with mana.
    (i cannot understand people who just leave out imp VE ... look at a sapphiron healmeter ... i havn't good gear and i'm doing 1000 HPS - that's a very nice support for healers).

@Trickie ...
    u cannot take points out of mindblast.
    And pain and suffering & Shadowweaving, well that is very risky at movement encounters ... often i get back to the boss and shadoweawing is fading in like 2sec, if my next spell now doesen't refresh it witch will happen 1/3 of the time i really loose dmg (because now i set up dots again and have no stacks) ... and it will also take me much longer to stack it up at the beginning of the fight. Pain and suffering is the same and even at bosses like sappiron if i was just casting Vt, mb and refreshing Dp while running out of the blizzard i might get unlucky and loose swp ... well the dmg loss isn't that high i have to admit.
    And one thing people often forgett u have to notice everything ok it's not that hard, but with 100% chance you are on the safe side you know if i cast that this will happen and you cann allready spamm the next button, but if you have a 1/3 miss chance you have watch up for everything.

I don't know if it will work, but if it works out with the Mana i will try

at d4rky

with the mind flay glyph...shadow reach isn't really needed 30 yds is plenty enough to stay far enough from most enemies and be safe. nothing wrong with having both though.

also in a pve setting i'm really don't think imp shadow form is necessary. i see it as a pvp talent or at least it will become one..

i also think focused mind is probably going to be more necessary now due to the mana regen nerfs.

what you're left over after this 1 point that really coulld go anywhere and it's not really of where it goes. two points free if you think you can take out one in pain and suffering

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannan
    with the mind flay glyph...shadow reach isn't really needed 30 yds is plenty enough to stay far enough from most enemies and be safe. nothing wrong with having both though.
    No, just no.

Please, get some PvE experience before you talk about such madness.

also in a pve setting i'm really don't think imp shadow form is necessary.
    Looking at the current fight data for Hodir (Ulduar), it seems it'll be a huge bonus.

The chance of some movement impairing effects you could remove with fade, and avoid a death, also seems very likely in Ulduar.

i also think focused mind is probably going to be more necessary now due to the mana regen nerfs.
    It was always nessary, when you didden't overgear super easy encounters. But they boosted the way we regen mana.

Inner Focus however, is not worth it anymore.

Def. go for "Veiled Shadows". Shadowfiend gives 3x more Mana on the PTR.

And it actually deals damage as well, it is basically a DPS cooldown now too.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

The pve shd spec i will be using from 3.1 onward. With glyphs as well:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...&version=9626#

EDIT: !!!!!! It seems that i have the spec from the first nab that posted a pve spec. My spec is therefore not what is said above here but the following: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...6&version=9626

I forgot to press save on the build i made and therefor had the shit spec still in the main link window.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    The pve shd spec i will be using from 3.1 onward. With glyphs as well:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...&version=9626#
    yeah i love WotLK ... best 25equip but no Idea about their class ... thx blizzard.
    Ok sorry, but for what sould this be usefull for ? Mental Agility just gives you a cheaper SWP (we cast that so often -_-) and DP ... thats like nothing. Dont Speccing Shadow Focus is a no go ... HIT > all ... well rest would no hurt much but Veild Shadows is much better for mana and IMP VE&SF can be very good in some fights.
    There is no reason to spend more than 14 points in Disc, 13 might even be enought.

I would go for: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...1&version=9626

But this is only assumeing:
    - Mana wont be a problem, so Imp. Spirit Tap isn't needed (besides the spellpower gain is ridiculous low)
    - Inner Focus will work with critting dots, otherwise its not that good
    - Threat issues might occur

I find that Imp. VE is very nice, since it makes it so much easier for the healers to keep you alive, and Imp. Shadowform is just godlike!

Besides, to obtain Imp. Spirit Tap you will have to drop 1 of those 2 + IF and SA (or Meditation oO) so I'd rather roll wothout Imp. Spirit Tap, if its duable..

Quote Originally Posted by Hushkoon
    I would go for: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...1&version=9626

But this is only assumeing:
    - Mana wont be a problem, so Imp. Spirit Tap isn't needed (besides the spellpower gain is ridiculous low)
    - Inner Focus will work with critting dots, otherwise its not that good
    - Threat issues might occur

I find that Imp. VE is very nice, since it makes it so much easier for the healers to keep you alive, and Imp. Shadowform is just godlike!

Besides, to obtain Imp. Spirit Tap you will have to drop 1 of those 2 + IF and SA (or Meditation oO) so I'd rather roll wothout Imp. Spirit Tap, if its duable..

Inner Focus only works with the first tick on critting dot, so it's useless in the next patch as far as I see.
    The spirit bonus that Imp. Spirit Tap provides still convert to spell damage, however low it may be. Threat should not any issue.

Well, Inner Focus could work on the new Improved Devouring Plague as well.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

This just in: Ulduar got spellpushback !

So start including Improved Shadowform in your PvE builds suckers

For pure PVE, I would say this is the best spec, myself:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9626

It's what I am going to spec as come the next patch (based on current talent trees).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    For pure PVE, I would say this is the best spec, myself:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9626

It's what I am going to spec as come the next patch (based on current talent trees).
    Dito. I think this will be THE spec to go to. I can live without imp. ve, but imp. shadowform is a must. Losing inner fire hurts but it's not that awesome considering it only gives 25% crit chance anyway.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

You mean Inner Focus? :>

I might lose 2 points in Focused Mind to get Imp. VE if mana won't be an issue and if raid damage will be huge.

Hmm yeah, I'd try that spec first and if I found that mana is fine I'd start dropping points in Imp Spirit Tap or Focused Mind instead. Maybe I could live with 1/2 Shadow Reach too...

Quote Originally Posted by Quenthal
    There were many a time in BC when I killed myself using SW in my rotation due to ill timing.
    Blue beam on netherspite?

RoS was my other favourite.....

I loved my blue beam on Netherspite. VE, the old Devouring Plague that healed you for 100% of the damage, and mind flay meant I could not die unless the damage stacked to high that one tick would kill me.

Blue beam on Netherspite, 1 hp thingy on Prince, Curator during Evocation... Kara was one big SWeath-trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan
    Hmm yeah, I'd try that spec first and if I found that mana is fine I'd start dropping points in Imp Spirit Tap or Focused Mind instead. Maybe I could live with 1/2 Shadow Reach too...
    Spirit Tap IS the source of our infinite mana... Why not drop from Focused Mind? You can get Inner Focus and Imp. VE that way.