Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Where are all the Elemental Shamans?

Where are all the Elemental Shamans? I've been looking for an elemental shaman for days now. I inspect just about every shaman I see, I search the forums, I check warcrafter.net for ones and no luck! I can count the number of Elemental Shamans on my realm on one hand. Whats the deal?

Is there a lack on your realm?

Deleted

Re: Where are all the Elemental Shamans?

Elemental Shamans aren't simply that good enough nowadays, and they never really were.

On my realm i have seen a lot of Elemental Shamans, but on the other hand on my realm we lack Enhancement Shamans.

Elemental Shamans aren't simply that good enough nowadays
    This ^ is bollocks.

I am an elemental shaman.

/pose

Quick take a picture.

And as you asked - I know 3. 2 Rerolled, the other is usually resto.

My Awesome Sig Made By Shyama - Thank You!

15+ Year Old Account

I've seen Elemental Shamans pump out a nice pile of dps. True they lack the AOE abilities that put hunters, mages and boomkins on the top of the damage charts overall, but if you narrow it down to single targets on bosses they compete quite well. We are looking to bring one in for among other things a totem of wrath. I've been thinking of trying to find a resto shaman thats willing to respec but there would be a huge hit rating gap that would set them back quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck
    Elemental Shamans aren't simply that good enough nowadays, and they never really were.
    Wut?

There's a shortage on my server too (Drenden - US)...seems like all the shamans went Resto in SWP and never switched back or decided to go Enhance.

Elemental damage is more than competitive if you know what you're doing and depending on the size and makeup of your group/raid, can be extremely beneficial for utility.

our guild has 2 elemental shamans and the only ones that stay as elemental are the good ones. Most shamans try elemental i think and dont think they have high enough dps so they switch or reroll.

There are lots of Elem shamans on my server Mguy is a GM of one of the best Hoard guilds on my server. My self I'm a Class leader in my own guild

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Hexatonious

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...uskwood&n=Mguy

Last Naxx farm http://wowwebstats.com/6lwsqw1yaiz4k I dont have a high over all was on the phone most of the night with work would do well on bosses coz I would press mute haha

http://wowwebstats.com/6lwsqw1yaiz4k?s=428364-471235 Top DPS Me on Thad 8,261 DPS
    http://wowwebstats.com/6lwsqw1yaiz4k?s=303903-335944 Top DPS Patch 4,957

There are a few Sarth 3D trys in there so dont mind them to much anywho enjoy the pew pew

There isn't many Ele shamans on my realm either, i know 1 other beside me.

Deleted

There are quite a few on my realm.

I've been elemental since start of tbc and i've been on a server top guild troughout tbc and wotlk.
    In TBC people said we couldnt dps, yet i managed top 5 on pretty much every encounter. Then people said we scaled like crap, which was somewhat true, yet in Sunwell i managed to keep myself top 5 all the way to Kiljaeden. (we killed M'uru pre nerf so our other dpsers wasnt exactly scrubs). Sure, hunters and warlocks beat me and sometimes mages depending on rng and such but overall considering the buffs we bring we were competitive. My best brutalus dps was 2400 which wasnt exactly bad even though locks and hunters could do 2900.

I rolled DK for wotlk but decided to dust off my shaman agian. I geared up quickly and are now comfortably at top 5 on patchwerk and there are still a lot of upgrades i could use.

The bad thing about being elemental is that we hardly benefit from other peoples buffs except for the 13% magic damage buff yet mages for example benefit from every single caster buff in the game. So yeah, during optimal conditions we will fall a bit after the absolute best dpsers. On the other hand, in 10 mans we dont NEED any other classes to buff us to do good damage. There is always a lock or a dk or doomkin around to give us the magic damage buff.

I only regret that totem of wrath no longer gives spellhit.

No surprise that elemental shaman are in a shaman forum on a MMO site....

But elementals did disappear in droves at the start of LK. It's because of the way Blizzard completely screwed up the spec going in. Everything everyone said about their dps being horrid while Blizz, for some reason, said elemental dps is fine....

Thus a lot of elementals threatened to quit or reroll. Blizzard thought we weren't serious, but when LK came out, 3 things happened. 1) their dps was hugely behind the curve. 2) ele's did reroll to other classes. 3) and yes many quit.

It wasn't until after the last couple of patches where they changed elemental dps have you seen some of them begin to respec back into the tree or start playing their elemental shaman again.

Me, I switched mains to a Boomkin, and haven't regretted the choice. My shaman is now an alt and 80. Went resto while damage was low, and now respecced back to elemental since the changes.

Thanks to all the shaman who did protest and made our voices heard.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ker&n=Kokamayo

I can pile on the DPS. AoE isn't too terrible with the magma totem change, it still lags behind mages and other AoE classes but it's not bad. I was elemental 1-60 then enhancement 60-80 and then returned elemental at 80 despite the balls DPS before the fix. Since the elemental buffs, I can put out some wicked DPS.

Well, I think classes with good healing specs are mostly specced for healing because healers are rare and wanted. DPS can be done by so many other classes.

I just had to reply to the guy who said ele is bad nowadays.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&n=Stormcaller

In AQ-EU, we have enough ele shamans. We have all kind of shamans actually.

Elemental nowadays is really nice i would say. We can do competetive dps (my personal record- 4.9k dps on Patch, and we made the achievment, so the fight wasnt really long). And we can do some decent aoe too, thanks to magma totem. I was always ele. For 3.5 years now. Although i leveled enha, but at 60 i switched to ele, and i never changed it. And every elemental shaman who says we cant do good dps, is just doing something wrong. Ele for life Cheers.

P.S.- None of the items- bracers, belt, boots, totem and the trinket (neither sarth one, neither dying curse) didnt dropped for 9 runs, and im getting really frustrated...

The only class in my guild who gives us mages good competition are the shamans, am I just blessed for having those people in the guild? I'd never guessed the ele shamans werent any good ???

I know a few elemental shamans, but most are alts that have just hit 80 - they will soon realise that they are not to the same "quality" as the other classes and most likely go resto.

Personally I have re-rolled hunter because my feral druid doesn't feel right (lack of hunters on my server).

Being the worst of the 3 specs. Being the lowest DPS spec of all classes in full t7.5 doesnt help. That and more than 1 in a raid group is too many.

u'd be surprised how many ele shaman's don't get hit capped first thing, go to a raid, get frustrated cuzz mysteriously their DPS is too low, and reroll a DK to faceroll.

Personally i was started enhance in BC, went ele, discovered resto and loved it during BC 9all the way up to Illidan atempts) and then lost the old account. Leveled a new one horde side, was going resto but i can't raid anymore and so i jut said fuck it and went ele, haven't looked back since. Sure i have collect the gear for the other 2 specs and play them occasionally, but i find it fun to throw 12-14K LvB crits in people's faces.

PvP is totally screwed up right now and they're kinda fixing it (3 second shocks and kwazy glyphs whut?).

I think more than anything it's a luck thing, some servers simply have more gluttons for punishment that others

here's my armory but i have PvP gear on atm: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...shi&n=Pepizaur

oh and leave my spec alone it's meant so i can still BG while not going broke respecing

Pepizaur: "Who are you to judge?"
    Brinsley: "Well I'm a paladin, I judge things all the time"

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck
    Elemental Shamans aren't simply that good enough nowadays,
    What?

Our Guild's Elemental Shaman absolutely rips up the meters.

Im elemental shaman and i can tell u that im 1 of 2 best dpsers in my guild. My guild is 1 of few the best guilds on the Maelstorm EU. Arcane mage is only class that can beat me atm so i dont know whats your prob. Just learn more about your specc and u ll see how IMBA ele shamans are atm .