Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Where are all the Elemental Shamans?

Quote Originally Posted by tacklebox
    Being the worst of the 3 specs. Being the lowest DPS spec of all classes in full t7.5 doesnt help. That and more than 1 in a raid group is too many.
    You don't really believe what you say, don't you ?

Our last Patchwerk25:
    http://wowwebstats.com/izgtmbbgihsog?s=438261-461830

Our last "Sartharion10 + 3D" try session (which is currently the hardest challenge in the game):
    http://wowwebstats.com/nztop2cki3c2w?m

Elemental shaman is totally fine (PVE wise).
    Indeed, PVE shaman is fine atm.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklebox
    Being the worst of the 3 specs. Being the lowest DPS spec of all classes in full t7.5 doesnt help. That and more than 1 in a raid group is too many.
    No. You are simply...wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck
    Elemental Shamans aren't simply that good enough nowadays, and they never really were.
    Pft in which planet you live? Just because the ones in your guild, or the ones u seen suck, its not mean that ele shamans are not good.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...an&n=Lightenme

http://wowwebstats.com/fvonfhxg6aado?s=48319-86936

Get your facts right next time.

Obvious a PvP player. Ok ele isnt that good in PvP, but in PvE they rock. Our Ele is also always high on the dps meter (but never on top).

Maybe a lot of ele's left that spec or class when LK came out. Ele's were total crap in dps in TBC. I also left my full T6 ele for a dk.

On my server, there are definitely ele shamans, but most of them cannot play their class. My ele shaman for example makes about 5,400 DPS at Patchwerk25 encounter (like Shaad; but me with chain lightning :P ). Next to me stand two guys with similar gear and make 3,800 DPS. Is it easier to play an enhancer? In my opinion the random enhancers play a bit better than random ele shamans.

Elemental Shamans aren't simply that good enough nowadays, and they never really were.

ALL i can say to you is LTP. Elemental dps is insane these days. If you are an ele shaman or you know an ele shaman that is not doing 3k + with at least 50% epic geared. Then you/that person does not have a clue.

I consistantly do 5k + damage on patch and stay around 5-7k on trash.

Yes we do have an AoE... Its called magma totem. We also have thunderstorm and mine crits for around 5-7k. I can even just spam my usual rotation and still do more dps than most.

Good luck! you will need it

he doesn`t know anything about ele shammys nowdays , thats all.

I'm leveling my shaman for my guild from 56-80. There are like 5 shaman on the whole server and three of them are alts lol. Works for me though i always liked playing a class people that sucked and succeeding at it. I welcome being the only ele shaman

I'd have to agree with the OP. At the start of LK they just seemed to disappear. When I go on pugs I have NEVER seen one. Seen plenty of Resto/Enh but ele is no where to be seen.

I had two in my guild in TBC. When LK happened one switched to Enhancement .. the other stopped playing full stop. Now I only know of 2 raiding ele shamans, both of whom are really good and play their classes well.

They certainly do competitive DPS now, but outside of the shaman community the build seems to be have tainted and there is a general belief that elemental shamen are crap. Elementals were certainly screwed when 3.0.2 hit and I think its going to take a long time to recover.

I'm an elemental Shaman. Been Elemental since level one - respecced a bit for Sunwell as resto but apart from that...
    Easily in the top 3 in most fights -- AOE isnt great, but hey - its raid boss dps I care about.
    Our buffs are still great, albeit provided by other classes.
    Our server maybe has one elemental per guild, mostly dual pec resto / ele Shamans though.

Their lack of AoE has caused them to fall behind on recount for trash sometimes, and in todays high paced meter whoring world, we just cant have that.
    Rocket Sauce.

Deleted

Lack of AOE? Putting magma totem and Pumping CL into a group of trash raises dps sky high. or at least that is my expierence

The problem with the aoe packs is that shamans need to run into them to be able to place the totem while most other casters can start casting right away, and therefore get ahead on the meters

I have been ele since i leveled my shaman in tbc(except some tries at the other speccs ofc) and can never imagine me playing something else as mainspecc.

My dps is constantly high, but close to never on top (exceptions are KT where i for some reason has been on top several times)

Its usually mages that are over me(we got lot of mages in the guild, but few locks/hunters) but this seem to be mostly because they have better benefit from all the buffs. In 10 mans im much more even with them

As ele you got the possibility to heal. That have saved me countless times on different bosses, aswell as saved the raid sometimes. Since we also can heal its only fair we fall a bit behind on the dps, or else the "pure" dps classes would've been close too useless

Hi guys im new here and i am shocked to see 5k dps on patchwork from some of you

I am a ele sham to but i can never hit that mutch dps and im pretty well geared and played ele sham for 2 years now i am wondering if you can help me here

Like is my spec wrong or my gems or even my spell roltation or some gear pieces. ???

Here is my Armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hammer&n=Bolar

P.S the valor hands and chest Just wont damn drop after 10 weeks farming them =(

and here is a WWS of patchwerk last week

http://wowwebstats.com/tsjlopqcwkoh1?s=198327-235105

and.. after looking at that myself i am totaly shocked that im second lol maybiy i just dont know how to read dps meters

or i just need to have mroe confidence

and perhaps use chainlightning on single targets more? but from My pov chain does less dmg than lightning bolt on a single target

Edit.

Id like to point out i dont use chain lightning mutch(unless on trash) is cause with the Lighning bolt glyph (4% more dmg) and Shamanism talant im getting 10k lightning bolts and 12k lava bursts and chain crits for maybiy 8k maximum

and my spell power can hit 3.6k with evrything blown and my crit can hit 70% with the proper debuffs on boss and Em up

Deleted

To the poster above me. Look at how long that patchwerk fight took compared to some of the 5k+ wws logs thats been posted here.

The shorter the fight, the longer you spend casting with bloodlust and trinkets up so your end dps will be higher. Your fight took almost 4 minutes, whereas some guilds kill him in under 3 minutes. Huhge differance.
    Also, on a short fight drinking a potion of wid magic during bloodlust will give you quite a large dps increase. Then there is the RNG factor. Sometimes we get lots of lghting overloads and crits which will bump us up a lot.

The guy that posted a page back had pretty much everything best in slot so no surprise he did awesome dps.

Ele Aoe is fine.

Follow tank in to pull, throw down magma and bounce out. Magma has no threat component so you won't see half the pull running off after you. It means you start a second or two behind others, but the sheer output of that little totem is well worth it.

Now, if we could somehow use magma from range I think you'd see universal celebration and much quaffing of ale.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Bolar: First of all, you are not hit capped. Thats prio nr1!
    Second ,i would drop some crit for more haste.You also got some items with mp5 on, which i would also change out with some items with haste, or even crit, anything is better than mp5

Other then that you seem to do fine

ele shaman hit like a truck. and a smart ele shaman can whore up the dps meters (magma totem is nasty).

ele shaman are NASTY. just have to know how to play and glyph right (flame shock glyph is a necessity).

the 2 top dd's in our raid are a shadow priest and an ele shaman...

Daruu i have

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37873

in my bag so i can swap to that to give me 325 hit rating (12.39%)
    plus with my elemental pricisoon whitch is another 3% (15.39%)

with a shadow priest i am hit capped for bosses and we have 2 active shadow priests atm