WTB this change to Eclipse(starfire)

60% chance on wrath critical strike to give the caster the Lunar Eclipse affect, causing the next 8 starfires to automatically crit. Affect lasts for 30 seconds (also the eclipse internal cooldown).

This is by no means a DPS buff, since we already have 75-80% starfire crit chance during eclipse. This change fixes 2 problems.

1.) Removes the chance of having poor luck and getting a chain of non-crits during eclipse proc, which does happen, and this poor luck can have a tremendous affect on our DPS.

2.) Removes the fact that if you have to move at all during Eclipse proc, it becomes almost useless. This will allow you to move out of a firewave/ring of death/ect, and not lose half of your eclipse proc.

Due to haste and Nature's Grace, we cast 7-8 starfires during the current eclipse proc, thats why i picked 8 casts for the changed version. In a tank and spank fight, this change would have no change on our rotation, still would use IS + MF +wrathspam until Eclipse(starfire) proc, then 8 starfires, then you can choose whether to immediately go back to wrath spam, or continue starfire spam until Eclipse cooldown is done.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Kulltiras

Re: WTB this change to Eclipse(starfire)

Quote Originally Posted by Avoidtheecho
    yes because that would totally work in pvp
    Eclipse was never designed as a talent to really help you that much in pvp. And this change, if anything, would only help you in pvp, the proc chance for Eclipse(starfire) would not change, and now you would have 30 seconds to use it.

But this is a PvE change for a PvE oriented talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulltiras
    60% chance on wrath critical strike to give the caster the Lunar Eclipse affect, causing the next 8 starfires to automatically crit. Affect lasts for 30 seconds (also the eclipse internal cooldown).

This is by no means a DPS buff, since we already have 75-80% starfire crit chance during eclipse. This change fixes 2 problems.

1.) Removes the chance of having poor luck and getting a chain of non-crits during eclipse proc, which does happen, and this poor luck can have a tremendous affect on our DPS.

2.) Removes the fact that if you have to move at all during Eclipse proc, it becomes almost useless. This will allow you to move out of a firewave/ring of death/ect, and not lose half of your eclipse proc.

Due to haste and Nature's Grace, we cast 7-8 starfires during the current eclipse proc, thats why i picked 8 casts for the changed version. In a tank and spank fight, this change would have no change on our rotation, still would use IS + MF +wrathspam until Eclipse(starfire) proc, then 8 starfires, then you can choose whether to immediately go back to wrath spam, or continue starfire spam until Eclipse cooldown is done.
    the RNG element is the only thing that keeps me from dominating everyone in DPS
    "oh, we have to stay out of the fire on supremus?"

Quote Originally Posted by Felane
    the RNG element is the only thing that keeps me from dominating everyone in DPS
    my best patchwerk DPS is 5880, and pretty much every starfire during Eclipse procs crit. That was the peak of RNG. And thats the point. The change I have suggested would have had no change on that particular fight. All it does is remove the once in a while encounter where despite a 75-80% crit chance, only 50% of your starfires crit. And as I said, it solves the movement issue.

That got me 5th.

So unless your guild is filled with DPS'ers who are not good, you should still be getting dominated by Mages, DK's, fury warriors and Locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulltiras
    my best patchwerk DPS is 5880, and pretty much every starfire during Eclipse procs crit. That was the peak of RNG.

That got me 5th.

So unless your guild is filled with DPS'ers who are not good, you should still be getting dominated by Mages, DK's, fury warriors and Locks.
    And Enhance Shammys
    You are now breathing manually.