priest or paladin?!?

having a hard time trying to decide between one of these two...so, why would you guys reccomend a priest over a paladin?
    posting a simillar topic in the paladin forum.
    thanks

Re: priest or paladin?!?

for what?
    dps or healing? :

Raiding or arena?

Healing or dps?

Gay sets or cloth?

I tried to level a pally - epic fail
    But these days - I try to enjoy my priest and somehow it just feels flat. I mean in a 25man raid - sure thing. I AM the heal bot.
    Then I go solo and it's meh. I quest and do old instances and do dailys and pvp and run heroics then just stop.

I leveled a Druid for all the other stuff. I raid on my priest. I'm having fun on my DK. I'm avoiding my pally.

probably healing mostly and some pvp when we have dual specs.

Priests are fun, and always look good in their tier sets. They also whine a lot less than paladins seem do, considering that there are currently about 4 threads on their forum complaining about their tier set and another two complaining that a new mount next patch looks like their paladin charger.

Really it comes down to if you prefer to melee or play as a caster. You should level a little on both characters to see which one you get a feel for more, and which suits your playstyle.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I've been leveling a paladin lately on a new server with the intention of healing. After doing so in the Outland instances, I've decided to redirect my paly to a tank role as prot and level a druid or another priest for healing. There are lots of paly healers, so some people obviously enjoy it. Personally, I find it to be rather boring. Some people say it's like being a human renew, and I find that to be very true. Beacon of Light spices things up a little bit, but for the most part you spam one button. I understand that healing blood furnace and such isn't like healing Naxx, but I still prefer to have more buttons at my disposal.

I have to say though that as a long-time cloth player (mage, warlock, priest), I found playing a high hp class in plate and shield to be quite refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Really it comes down to if you prefer to melee or play as a caster. You should level a little on both characters to see which one you get a feel for more, and which suits your playstyle.
    this

I have a holy priest (rikken- dragonmaw pvp us) and a prot pally (alteria- dragonmaw us pvp)

My priest has always been my main, i love my pally, but i enjoy healing more on my priest. I feel like i get a little more versatility and i feel like it takes a little more thought (no offense to pally healers)

Priests are gonna be decent in pvp still either shadow or disc (maybe holy) but pally's imo are in a better situation right now with their two specs (holy/ret).

Roll a priest, to many pally's imo