Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Could I Solo Heal Naxx 10?

Okay if you look at my armory right now you would say "No way". If I were to attempt this I would respec holy and swap out a few pieces of gear, it would put me at around 2300 spell power with inner fire, 2500 if I flask/eat/raid buffed. Mana regen is at about 980 but I would hardly be out of the 5SR so my MP5 is somewhere around 390 I think. This is what our group would be:

MT Prot Warrior
    OT DPS specced DK
    Fury Warrior
    Survival Hunter
    Boomkin
    Combat Rogue
    Destro Lock
    Holy Priest

And usually we have a resto druid but he decided yesterday that he is quitting. Our guild has a lack of healers and pretty much everyone runs with their own regular 10 mans but there are plenty of dps available. We also bring a second rogue that is the alt of our raid leader that no one is really happy about as we are all on our mains going for achievements and he doesn't even spec optimal dps to come, so I would hope that if I would be solo healing we'd get a better dps to kill stuff faster and make fights like Loatheb easier.

Stuff like 4 horse, Gluth, and KT if I got frost tombed, our boomkin could help out on healing for parts of the fight. I'd have replenishment, innervate, arcane torrent and I could mana pot(I have never ONCE needed a mana pot since our first ever Naxx). I know this would be a challenge but I definitely enjoy a challenge as Naxx with two fully specced healers is retardedly boring. All but our rogue and lock are in pretty much full heroic raiding gear.

What do you think, is it possible?

Re: Could I Solo Heal Naxx 10?

most fights yes, you could be the sole player healing. but as you mentioned there are those fights you currently can't single heal. as a short term fix your boomkin could go resto or you guys could even just try him healing as balance on some fights though i still see sapph being hard unless your dps is really good.

make sure your boomkin gets a good healing set for when dual spec comes out and that'll solve all of your problems .

EDIT- just checked your armoury and you are pretty well geared =P

GL solo healing Sapp
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    Boomkin
    you mean resto?

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    you mean resto?
    Well yes, he COULD go resto but he has awesome dps and his raid buffs are really nice. It would suck to have to make him respec but obviously if solo healing doesn't work and we can't find another healer that is what he will have to do.

what if you get frost tombed on kt? i don't think your moonkin will be quick enough. then you have to get up the MT, OT (if you use one on the adds), and the rest of the raid.

sounds like a nightmare if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    what if you get frost tombed on kt? i don't think your moonkin will be quick enough. then you have to get up the MT, OT (if you use one on the adds), and the rest of the raid.

sounds like a nightmare if you ask me
    Yeah it's probably not doable. On that fight though the boomkin would probably just throw on his healing gear and heal the whole fight in caster form. As for the adds our MT just tanks KT and all the adds and he really doesn't take that much damage.

This is our tank's armory. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...light&n=Uproar

For 8 man Naxx we ran 3 healers, 2 tanks, 3 dps. If you can down Patchwerk you should be fine for the rest of the instance (I think we had 30 seconds to spare). 2/2/4 is probably doable but I've never tried 4 horsement with 2 healers.

4H is easy with 2 specced healers (10 man) if you have a hybrid (boomkin, eleshammy, heck even a ret pally) who can heal the Baron tank. We only run 3 healers 10 man if someone really wants to bring a heal toon alt.

Quote Originally Posted by dkffiv
    For 8 man Naxx we ran 3 healers, 2 tanks, 3 dps. If you can down Patchwerk you should be fine for the rest of the instance (I think we had 30 seconds to spare). 2/2/4 is probably doable but I've never tried 4 horsement with 2 healers.
    We've always done 4 horse with 2 healers - I would heal the back while the resto druid ran back and forth in the middle and healed the 2 tanks. Dps would kill Thane within 2 marks then move over to Rivendare. The Rivendare tank hardly takes any damage so it's not too hard to heal him and our balance druid could handle it. Once those 2 were down the boomkin could go back to dpsing.

Overall, it's doable to solo heal most of Naxx10.
    The problem is that some fights are nearly impossible to heal with just 1 healer: Gluth, Thaddius, 4 horseman, sapphiron and Kelthuzad. But if you have a shaman/paladin/druid with a great healing set, so they can help you on those, its totally doable with just 1 specced healer.

Patchwerk shouldn't be hard. As someone said, you'll have biggest problem on 4h and sapph.

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    Yeah it's probably not doable. On that fight though the boomkin would probably just throw on his healing gear and heal the whole fight in caster form. As for the adds our MT just tanks KT and all the adds and he really doesn't take that much damage.

This is our tank's armory. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...light&n=Uproar
    then it's not really soloing naxx, but it's pretty damn close! You should be able to do it with the moonkin being useful and helpin out where he can.

2 tanks, 1.5 healers, 6.5 dps... now I want to try this. Could probably do it in <2hours if your dps is good

would be quite hard to heal gothik and the two guys before thaddius

Quote Originally Posted by Thâlos
    would be quite hard to heal gothik and the two guys before thaddius
    Idd, but if the boomkin specs restokin (dreamstate healing) he can swap easier between tasks, and would have no trouble at the living side. Or on the start of thaddius.

But GL, fights like Sapph and KT and Patchwork will be hard.

i've solo healed nax with less stats and worse gear then what i have now, i think most healers can. haveing a paladin judge light and a shadowpriest healing his group with embrace makes it really easy to travel threw most encounters. the extra dps makes encounters shorter, also when all dps are geared and know what to do males it no problem to solo heal.

on 4h you will have to have 1 offspec healing (since you need minimum 2 healers there, or atleast at the start some help, i've done it with a retri in retrigear healing and dpsing, a shadow priest healing/dpsing, and a elemental shaman healing/dpsing). other necounters are easly solo'd healed.

We've done KT with one healer, a boomkin throwing a heal when you get tombed is fine. The extra dps really makes up for the lack of healing on some fights.

i see KT, saph, and 4H giving you problems. loatheb COULD get tricky if y'all doing have good dps.

the pre-aboms during thaddius encounter could be a problem. unless the boomkin wants to heal one side, i dont see a tank lasting until he gets thrown.

grobullus will be rough.

unless you've got an amazingly geared tank, i dont see how you can do patchwerk without enough mitigation CD's to last the entire fight.

a bunch of the fights can be solo healed easily, and others can be easily solo healed IF the entire raid is competent enough to minimize damage. saphiron will give you the most trouble, and KT will require a fair amount of luck to get through.

As long as u got one point in lightwell u can solo heal naxx.

I mean if your good enough...ur raid that is...then ya you could solo heal, because the entire raid is geared out the ass and the bosses die too quickly to do any damage, then solo healing is feasible, esp. when 3.1 gets out, get full ulduar gear....mhm solo heal naxx away