Mage armor and explosive shot...

Mage Armor- "In addition, duration of all harmful magic effects used against you are reduced by 50%"

Explosive Shot- "You fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing 433-521 fire damage. The charge will blast the target every second for an additional 2 sec."

So, my question is: Why is explosive shot not affected by mage armor??

I mean, every hunter practically jizzed in their pants when they discovered that explosive shot wasn't physical damage and that it went through BoP. So since it is classified as a magic spell, it should be reduced by 50% in duration by mage armor. But it isn't!

WHY!?!?!

Re: Mage armor and explosive shot...

Very simple: even though Explosive Shot is magic damage, its effect isn't considered as a 'magic spell'.

Only magic spells that can be dispelled by priest's Dispel Magic and Paladin's Cleanse will have their duration cut in half.

Deleted

Its a little expolsive on the end of the arrow, not a magic spell XD

Quote Originally Posted by Khay
    Very simple: even though Explosive Shot is magic damage, its effect isn't considered as a 'magic spell'.

Only magic spells that can be dispelled by priest's Dispel Magic and Paladin's Cleanse will have their duration cut in half.
    yet Anti-Magic Shell "Surrounds the Death Knight in an Anti-Magic Shell, absorbing 75% of the damage dealt by harmful spells and preventing application of harmful magical effects. Damage absorbed by Anti-Magic Shell energizes the Death Knight with additional runic power. Lasts 5 sec." makes dk's immune to explosive shot....

Quote Originally Posted by Roshurr
    Mage Armor- "In addition, duration of all harmful magic effects used against you are reduced by 50%"

Explosive Shot- "You fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing 433-521 fire damage. The charge will blast the target every second for an additional 2 sec."

So, my question is: Why is explosive shot not affected by mage armor??

I mean, every hunter practically jizzed in their pants when they discovered that explosive shot wasn't physical damage and that it went through BoP. So since it is classified as a magic spell, it should be reduced by 50% in duration by mage armor. But it isn't!

WHY!?!?!
    for the same reason why hammer of wrath can be blocked but cant be reflected
    but deals magic dmg
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

im pretty sure it's to give hunters more reason to mow down mages.

explosive shot > fire ward :-X

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet
    Its a little expolsive on the end of the arrow, not a magic spell XD
    Yeah thats right... you never saw RAMBO?

I haven't seen anything noting that the mage armor bug causing dots to tick twice as fast has been fixed. Are you sure it isn't working, just causing you to take the damage in 1 second rather than 2?