Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Bosses besides arthas inside Icecrown?

Quote Originally Posted by Raige
    i think we WON'T see mel'ganis in icecrown. heres why.

onslaught harbor. i see it turning into wotlk's magister's terrace and being instanced in 3.3. mel'ganis as the final boss, like kael'thas in MgT. hopefully it'll be tougher than the other instances like MgT was too. yes, mel'ganis, a 5 man boss.

in icecrown, i think a few of these are shoe-ins.

1. sindragosa
    2. kel'thuzad(is the lich kings right hand...man? lich? w/e. he's the LK's favorite)
    3. anub'arak. too lorey, way stronger than he is in azjol'nerub. the LK can rez him easily, and we'll have to kill him again.
    4. a corrupted dragon. every expansion has them. vael, kalecgos. you could say malygos was this xpacs corrupted dragon, but i bet we'll have another one in icecrown.
    5. a dreadlord not-named mel'ganis. the burning legion isnt gone, adn they have shown they dont like the lich king anymore.
    6. the leader of the fallen blood elf prince race people.
    7. saurfang/boromir(sorry if that's not his name) as an eradar twins/twin emps sort of thing.
    8. arugal(if he's not in the 3.2 patch raid)
    9. a leader of your enemy faction(alliance leader for horde, horde leader for alliance)
    10. the gear check will be a named undead stormgiant mob
    11. an angel vrykul(sorry if thats not what they are called) commander.
    12. a vrykul leader, possibly a regurgitated king ymiron

there may be a few non-boss named mob cameos such as an undead hogger somewhere in, just for laughs.

lol. no lich king in that list

*Knock knock*

"Who is it?"

"Arty dear, it's me, Mally."

"What's the password?"

"Antiqueing."

"Okay come on in."

*Arthas opens the door, Mal'Ganis walks in and they have some tea and biscuits and a bit of a gossip.*

Quote Originally Posted by Solarus

lol. no lich king in that list
    Read the thread name...

I'm personally very concerned Bolvar and Saurfang Jr. will be bosses.

I have my doubts about Saurfang, but Bolvar may very well return as a Death Knight.. The lore surrounding the wrathgate definitely implies it is a possibility.

But I just hope we can redeem him, and he'll become a Knight of the Ebon Blade, he's just too important to the game to be killed and gotten rid of.

He has been leader of the alliance for a very long time, after all.

Saurfang is quite possible being that the Lich King took his soul.

No idea about Bolvar though, I assumed he was burned up by Alexstrasza

What about that quest-mob in Icecrown named Thane Illskar(?) that they raised up again as Thane Illskar the Damned after you killed him? I haven't seen him again after that, so he might show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawci
    Saurfang is quite possible being that the Lich King took his soul.

No idea about Bolvar though, I assumed he was burned up by Alexstrasza
    Saurfang isn't significant enough.

He was just there, to be there.
    They couldn't have sent his father to die, because he's so iconic. So they sent his son.

However, it is a possibility both Saurfang and Bolvar return as Death Knights, perhaps they'll be different depending on what faction you play.

Like you fight Saurfang as Horde, and Bolvar as Alliance, and each get redeemed in the process, and both return to their faction, like the Knights of the Ebon Blade did.
    They might also help the raid with killing the Lich King. Which would be pure awesomeness.

@All the people who don't get the Mal'ganis thing. STOP being dumb.

Mal'ganis isn't dead, as is revealed by the Scarlet Onslaught quests. It's increasingly possible that Mal'ganis would wait for us to break into the Citadel, and clear a certain way through, only to show up intending to finish the job we started. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to have this happen and then have to fight him, just so his forces didn't take us out.

1. Sindragosa

2. Saurfang Jr./Bolvar Fordragon in undeath, both at the same time or varies depending on faction entering the instance.

3. Arugal - again.

4. A San'Layn, or two. Perhaps both Prince Keleseth and Prince Valanar at the same time.

5. Some kind of flesh giant or construct

6. A Val'Kyr or female Vrykul

No idea what else
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

That cannot happen.

Arthas took Saurfangs soul. He did nothing to Bolvar. Bolvar was left in the open when the new plague hit... The Red Dragons apparently "saved" Bolvar.

Saurfang = In the hands of the bad.
    Bolvar = In the hands of the good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    That cannot happen.

Arthas took Saurfangs soul. He did nothing to Bolvar. Bolvar was left in the open when the new plague hit... The Red Dragons apparently "saved" Bolvar.

Saurfang = In the hands of the bad.
    Bolvar = In the hands of the good.
    Bolvar was infected by the forsaken plague, and probably died in the process.

The likeliness he is undead is very possibly, all we don't know is his affiliation.. Which may well be the Scourge..

Aside from arthas, I think it'd be pretty hard to guess from such a blind point in time currently. Sindragosa is very probable tbh, she has to come in some place and I guess it's more likely to be by Arthas' side judging from the Wrath cinematic, than in her own Onyxia-style encounter. I'd like to think the Burning Legion would make an appearance in some sort of co-incidental assault of their own, with best odds being on Mal'Ganis as their leader given his score to settle.

I hope to hell Saurfang Jr. makes no appearance as he is in no way a major character and has no lore to back up his reason for being there bar Frostmourne absorbing his soul, which given that it's a cursed blade it has a tendancy to do so, it even absorbs arthas' once he wields it. Putress got nailed well and truly by the Alliance forces and Varimathras was trying to summon what looked to be Kil'Jaeden once again (from what we got to see anyway) before he got knocked on the head. Neither have any links with Arthas and are definitely affiliated with the Burning Legion.

Bolvar, although I've not played alliance, seems to be gone well and truly from what I've seen, chances of him becoming a DK are sweet FA given that he was deemed so pure and holy and through questing in Icecrown you easily see that the "light takes care of it's own" when A'dal oversees the ascension of Crusader Bridenbrad once he dies from the plague.

I'd like to see a sort of NPC aided fight against arthas with Jaina no-matter your faction and either Sylvanas if you're Horde or Muradin Bronzebeard if you're Alliance, both have serious beef with him and I'd like to see them get their chance to beat their frustration out on him.

Why are people saying Arugal? I mean it would be cool to see him again, plus the shade in grizzly hills and that whole thing but is there something im missing?
    I'm on hiatus. Waiting till summer/cataclysm to get back to my sexy orc warlock. You jealous!

i am sure antonidas will be one of the final bosses.
    he was killed by arthas and never made any appearance in wow. he is a powerful being and it is only logical, that arthas ressurected him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk
    Chuck Norris.
    This isn't possible. Why, you might ask? Well, isn't it obvious? -.-

Lich King is supposed to be the last boss. But Chuck Norris is stronger than him. Can't have a last boss that is weaker than one of the other bosses.

OT: Antonidas is a very good idea. I really believe he will be affiliated in some way.
    You die.
    You are dead.

It would be awesome to see Uther as a Death Knight lol
    I'm on hiatus. Waiting till summer/cataclysm to get back to my sexy orc warlock. You jealous!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nethertyp
    i am sure antonidas will be one of the final bosses.
    he was killed by arthas and never made any appearance in wow. he is a powerful being and it is only logical, that arthas ressurected him.
    if u played wc3 TFT blood elf champain, when kael'thas get captured and is kept in dalaran sewers u can do optional quest to kill all the archmages arthas murdered.
    arthas or any other undead power hasnt been in those sewers lately so it's like 0% chance but heck, this is wow.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

I kind of think that Kil'jaeden could come into play here, after all he is the creater of the lich king and when he was defeated in SWP he didn't actualy die.

Quote Originally Posted by Imadroodlol
    I kind of think that Kil'jaeden could come into play here, after all he is the creater of the lich king and when he was defeated in SWP he didn't actualy die.
    That's what I was thinking. Either that or Mal'ganis would be doing it.
    Aravar - Lv. 80 Arms Warrior - Vek'nilash US BG9

Quote Originally Posted by Imadroodlol

KJ VS Arthas hmmm those 2 are about the 2 most powerfull beings on the ''world'' atm and KJ would just go o shiit you guys again.. im running home to mommy