Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Bosses besides arthas inside Icecrown?

Quote Originally Posted by DepecheMode
    For that to hapen he would have to die first so kind of impossible.
    Saurfang would oneshot Arthas and will probably be the last boss ever once you are done with Sargeras :P
    er sorry to dissapoint.. Saurfang got 1 shotted by Arthas in a Dragonblight quest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avR5hXYFMxU

go an watch...

him coming back as a deathknight would be nice... i hope blizzard thinks of that...

No, that was saurfang jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen88
    I'd be willing to bet anywhere between 12 to 15 bosses.

#1, #2: Of those, you have the Lich King, which could potentially be 2 encounters.
    #3: Sindragosa, more than likely the penultimate boss of the expansion.

#4: A gigantic Abomination. Because... you know it'll happen. (Gear Check)
    #5: A Val'kyr (One of those ascended angel Vrykul things. She'll probably be the leading commander)
    #6: Saurfang ressurected as a death knight.
    #7: Some Lich of some sort.
    #8: Mal'ganis and some other Legion / Scarlet Onslaught people, trying to break in and kill the Lich King as well.

#9: Valanyr, one of the Vampire dudes.
    #10: A Nerubian of some sort?
    #11: An ascended Vrykul King?
    #12: Four Death Knights. They will be... wait for it... "Death Knight Council"

And there's your Icecrown Citadel. Maybe a lorelol surprise or two.
    #13 A Vehicular combat to break into Icecrown Citadel

Quote Originally Posted by SilentNSly
    er sorry to dissapoint.. Saurfang got 1 shotted by Arthas in a Dragonblight quest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avR5hXYFMxU

go an watch...

him coming back as a deathknight would be nice... i hope blizzard thinks of that...
    That´s Saurfang Jr.
    HUGE difference

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05
    If any Blizz dev is reading this (i`ll caps since most of them are wearing glasses, dont want to make them use more than 2 braincells :P ) -

CAN WE PLS GET A PYLONS BOSS ? REALLY ?
    You mean a boss where you must construct additional pylons ? ;D

Also, Kel'Thuzad won't return in Icecrown, instead, we well have an undead Mr Bigglsworth claiming revenge for the death of it's master.

.... And he will shoot lazors out of its eyes.

Perhaps Anatheron (cant really remember his name, the dreadlord inside undercity) will be there :O To finally get revenge by killing the lich king and lady sylvanas! :O

Quote Originally Posted by Iceelf
    Perhaps Anatheron (cant really remember his name, the dreadlord inside undercity) will be there :O To finally get revenge by killing the lich king and lady sylvanas! :O
    Horde killed him in the battle for UC.

Been giving it some thoughts, so here goes.

Raid premice:
    The raid will not just be the Citadel, but entire Icecrown area.
    During an event we will see Tirion challenging the Lich King like how Bolvar has done before at the gates of the Citadel, with us seeying the forces of the Lichking beaten and down in the outer area. The Lich King comes out and greets Tirion, welcoming him to his doom and announcing ammusedly that Tirion and Darion have fallen for his trap. Upon that moment the Saronite Necropolis comes out of the ground under the fake one that isn't finished. It raises into the air along with the gates of the Citadel opening fully, reveiling a huge undead host comming out, commencing with wiping out the Argent Crusade and Ebon Blade. Tirion fights the Lich King, in a desperate act he tries to destroy Frostmourne with Ashbringer, but shatters the Ashbringer only. The Lich King then takes control over Darion and merrily stabs Tirion in the back.

After this we find the new necropolis in Crystalforest assaulting Dalaran and the Icecrown now for those attuned fully shielded off.

With Varian and Thrall by now in open war (events in the comic) the world is about to be overrun. Now it's time for Alexstraza to unite the forces of life. With the leaders out of the picture, the players will take upon them the role of the leaders to fend off doom.

When you enter the first raid area, you get control of a whole party for a strategic cleaning of Icecrown again.

Bosses:
    1. The Lich commanders: Kel'thuzad and his relative at the same time outdoors. Both already heavily damaged from their recent defeats.
    2. Sindragosa: halfway on the map of icecrown. During this fight you get aid from a reborn Malygos who in the end takes down Sindragosa and restores her to life.
    3. That vampire leader, controlling the Saronite Necropolis. During this fight you take to the sky on Malygos' brood, this occurs near to the Citadel. Once downed once, you get flagged that Dalaran no longer is under attack.
    4. At the gates then Saurfang the deathknight, using indeed Bolvar's body. (Thanks for the idea given by others) Defeating him to open up the Citadel.
    5. Lich King welcome: First fight against him, where he only fights every few minutes before sending in a party of 10/25 of undead versions of the players.
    6. Wall to the side explodes and demons poor into the citadel, led by Mal'ganis, out for revenge against Arthas, but also the players who defeated him in icecrown. This time not defeated either, but teleporting to the Nether again in the end.
    7. Anub'Arak's husk, completely brainless now and just a patchwerk type fight, but to strong for just the players to defeat. At 90% Nerubians join the fight, mostly intend to take Anub'Arak's corpse out of hands of the Lich King. (Based upon a hunch I have upon a few things.) Most dps will be from the Nerubians, you just need to survive the onslaught.
    8. Ymiron and Angerboda.
    9. Lich King again, Having cleared a landing, you get joined by imporant npc's, I'm thinking Sylvanas/Lor'themar or the three Bronzebeards. Lich King just laughs and takes over control off those NPC's and you have to defeat them to free them.
    10. Rage of the Living: More NPC's join up and you get into a massive fight, needing to defeat thousands of Undead, during this fight you again get your little private army each.
    11. Lich King part three, Disruption: You get imbued by the forces of those who have joined by now and each player now counts as a Boss in his own right, you now have to fight the Lich King on the Frozen Throne, to break his body.
    12. Lich King part four, Mind over Body: Lich King retreats to his throne and becomes impregnable ice-cube. You get send into the spirit world by the aspects, there you join Uther and Tirion in fighting the spirit of Arthas and Ner'zhul, first off breaking the link to the Burning Legion, then beating down both corrupted spirits.
    13. End of the Lich King: Having broken down the spirits and removed the link to the Burning Legion, you try to fight the entombed Lich King, this fight though turns to having to fight off some imporant NPC like Alexstraza then when that NPC is subdued, the only way to destroy the Lich King is to thrust the reforged Ashbringer through him, whose shards you have collected all over Icecrown. You get taken to safety quickly as the frozen throne with the corpse of Arthas in it melts and collapses.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by DepecheMode
    Balnazzar = The one from Stratholme aka the leader of the Scarlet crusade.
    MAl'Ganis is very much alive though, he´s the leader of the Scarlet Onslaught in Northrend.
    You´ll get to fight him if you do the chain of groupquests in Ice Crown (Awsome questline)

And the guy who said only a Dreadlord can kill a Dreadlord, I think you are confuseing them with Oldgoods who can only be truly killed if you enter their plane of excistense and kill them there. No Dreadlord are allowed to kill another Dreadlord though.

If your doing the t0.5 quest series you kill balnazzar

Deleted

and you re able to do this every day......see?

I think there is going to be a raid in between ulduar and Icecrown... for all nerzhuls, have you seen that random path that leads to this big gaping structure thats like a massive temple.. kinda just asking to be a raid to me

also I know we will have to face sindragosa... although if she is ne thing like felmyst so help me god

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep
    Been giving it some thoughts, so here goes.

Raid premice:
    The raid will not just be the Citadel, but entire Icecrown area.
    During an event we will see Tirion challenging the Lich King like how Bolvar has done before at the gates of the Citadel, with us seeying the forces of the Lichking beaten and down in the outer area. The Lich King comes out and greets Tirion, welcoming him to his doom and announcing ammusedly that Tirion and Darion have fallen for his trap. Upon that moment the Saronite Necropolis comes out of the ground under the fake one that isn't finished. It raises into the air along with the gates of the Citadel opening fully, reveiling a huge undead host comming out, commencing with wiping out the Argent Crusade and Ebon Blade. Tirion fights the Lich King, in a desperate act he tries to destroy Frostmourne with Ashbringer, but shatters the Ashbringer only. The Lich King then takes control over Darion and merrily stabs Tirion in the back.

After this we find the new necropolis in Crystalforest assaulting Dalaran and the Icecrown now for those attuned fully shielded off.

With Varian and Thrall by now in open war (events in the comic) the world is about to be overrun. Now it's time for Alexstraza to unite the forces of life. With the leaders out of the picture, the players will take upon them the role of the leaders to fend off doom.

When you enter the first raid area, you get control of a whole party for a strategic cleaning of Icecrown again.

Bosses:
    1. The Lich commanders: Kel'thuzad and his relative at the same time outdoors. Both already heavily damaged from their recent defeats.
    2. Sindragosa: halfway on the map of icecrown. During this fight you get aid from a reborn Malygos who in the end takes down Sindragosa and restores her to life.
    3. That vampire leader, controlling the Saronite Necropolis. During this fight you take to the sky on Malygos' brood, this occurs near to the Citadel. Once downed once, you get flagged that Dalaran no longer is under attack.
    4. At the gates then Saurfang the deathknight, using indeed Bolvar's body. (Thanks for the idea given by others) Defeating him to open up the Citadel.
    5. Lich King welcome: First fight against him, where he only fights every few minutes before sending in a party of 10/25 of undead versions of the players.
    6. Wall to the side explodes and demons poor into the citadel, led by Mal'ganis, out for revenge against Arthas, but also the players who defeated him in icecrown. This time not defeated either, but teleporting to the Nether again in the end.
    7. Anub'Arak's husk, completely brainless now and just a patchwerk type fight, but to strong for just the players to defeat. At 90% Nerubians join the fight, mostly intend to take Anub'Arak's corpse out of hands of the Lich King. (Based upon a hunch I have upon a few things.) Most dps will be from the Nerubians, you just need to survive the onslaught.
    8. Ymiron and Angerboda.
    9. Lich King again, Having cleared a landing, you get joined by imporant npc's, I'm thinking Sylvanas/Lor'themar or the three Bronzebeards. Lich King just laughs and takes over control off those NPC's and you have to defeat them to free them.
    10. Rage of the Living: More NPC's join up and you get into a massive fight, needing to defeat thousands of Undead, during this fight you again get your little private army each.
    11. Lich King part three, Disruption: You get imbued by the forces of those who have joined by now and each player now counts as a Boss in his own right, you now have to fight the Lich King on the Frozen Throne, to break his body.
    12. Lich King part four, Mind over Body: Lich King retreats to his throne and becomes impregnable ice-cube. You get send into the spirit world by the aspects, there you join Uther and Tirion in fighting the spirit of Arthas and Ner'zhul, first off breaking the link to the Burning Legion, then beating down both corrupted spirits.
    13. End of the Lich King: Having broken down the spirits and removed the link to the Burning Legion, you try to fight the entombed Lich King, this fight though turns to having to fight off some imporant NPC like Alexstraza then when that NPC is subdued, the only way to destroy the Lich King is to thrust the reforged Ashbringer through him, whose shards you have collected all over Icecrown. You get taken to safety quickly as the frozen throne with the corpse of Arthas in it melts and collapses.
    Well that makes for an interesting Fanfic... I don't think we're going to fight the Lich King 4-5 times though.

Alexandros Mograine. I'm rather shocked that it seems he's not yet been mentioned.

1. Frepix <EZ mode boss>
    2. Lord Gearcheck
    3. Runfools lord of Kite/Los
    4.Imsohard <get nerfed in 1 week>
    5.LK
    or something like that

I really like the idea of a Saurfang-in-Bolivar's-body Death Knight.

But how is that going to happen when his body was scorched? Watch the Wrathgate movie. Now I dont play Alliance so I may have missed something, but there can be no way his body can come back if he got dragon-scorched...
    Plays: Ayalafatalis (80 UD rogue), Benedicttine (70+ UD priest), Hygelac (70+ Troll Hunter), Hauntress (70+ UD Death Knight). Sentinels US server

Quote Originally Posted by Barubary
    Well that makes for an interesting Fanfic... I don't think we're going to fight the Lich King 4-5 times though.
    I base it upon that you see him all over Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Petersen
    Alexandros Mograine. I'm rather shocked that it seems he's not yet been mentioned.
    I think he'll be involved in restoring Ashbringer for player characters.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Well after a lot of thinking over I decided I should join the discussions on the forums, after reading a lot of topics I kinda felt I should give my opinion on the various subject/s. Being a lore-freak myself I had lots of ideas/fiction for various events/bosses/raids/encounters in wow, some of them based on events in wc3/tft and some a fantasy of my own.
    I must say I’m pretty amazed by some of the ideas on this topic by the community, especially involving certain encounters, the raid composition and the overall role of the players. I just hope blizzard is thinking in lines of something similar, since I’ve seen loads of radical and interesting ideas in the past for those “big” raids/raid encounters, after which I’ve personally been disappointed by blizzard’s actual work in-game.
    Anyways, I had quite a few fan fiction ideas on the raid itself and the bosses, I mostly took some of the ideas from the lore/comics/books, and a part from collector’s art book/cinematic art book as well (this actually might prove to be right in the end, since from what I can see, some of the bosses of Ulduar are actually in those art books, like those storm giants/titans, although I didn’t really think that I would see them in the future, to me it was only blizzard’s art intended for the game designers)
    So as for the Icecrown Citadel itself, I’m guessing that we should see lots of scourge architecture similar to that in naxxramas/nerubian instances, + those saronite-based constructions like those massive gates/pillars/vaults from what I could see in the books and ingame; added to that I’d personally like them to add more of the gothic/norse/rune architecture, even if its not so original :P

As far as the bosses are concerned, these should roughly be some of the ideas I had lately, again I wish to note that these are mostly ideas influenced by the lore/books/art etc:
    The first few bosses should definitely be some of the scourge commanders/generals that are aiding the Lich King in his dominion; There should be a gear check boss similar to Patchwerk, I was thinking something in lines of a plague-injected monster/scourge frost giant being first (like a malfunctioned experiment of some sort, similar to grobbulus/loatheb or those 2 in sholazar basin if you remember the quest where you control that titan/guardian and go on a rampage on the avalanche :P ); there is actually some kind of a puss/blob mass that looks like that in the art book, but its really deformed by the plague and it looks like its built by stitching several pieces of human flesh/bodies.
    Second one should be that vampire elf, probably a leader of the San'layn; as far as I remember from a quest in valhalas, Prince Sandoval was the one included in the last challenge, and even tough you defeated him I think he was being mentioned as that he resides in Icecrown Citadel, so I was thinking of him possibly being included alone (as resurrected or perhaps he isn’t really dead but just defeated and ran away home), or perhaps with another of his kind. I wouldn’t mind facing a leader of their faction but only really mutated by experimenting with magic/blood or even trying to make himself some kind of a vampire/plague hybrid. Also on that note there’s also a sketch of a similar creature in the art book named “high elf nosferatu”.
    Mal’ganis is highly likely to be included inside; I don’t really think that he would back up on his plans so easily and run away, not after what he had planned for so long with the scarlet onslaught. Although I don’t really see him as a boss in the instance itself, rather that he is leading a party of his scarlet wimps inside to get an ambush strike on the Lich King, and that eventually your raid somehow gets in contact with him. I was thinking something in lines of fighting side by side with the scarlet onslaught, seeing as they are somehow heavily outnumbered by a massive wave of scourge, and once you help them you eventually end up with Mal’ganis in some human form of some sorts, that reveals himself again, same as the quest in onslaught harbor. I do believe that he would probably lead a party of his demon minions, if you done the quest you saw that those scarlet warlocks were summoning/reviving or doing a ritual of some sort in that cave, but once you engage them they eventually turn out to be demons, like when a warlock uses metamorphosis.
    I’d also like to see the Lich King’s reaction to this if he could somehow be involved at this part; he would most certainly feel the presence of your raid even before the instance, not to mention the powerful dread lord being inside already.
    Nerubians are also highly likely to be in a part of the instance; firstly I was thinking that we enter the raid like in an underground entrance of some sort, similar to that in Black Temple where you had the sewers. I’m not really sure what would they be doing inside the Citadel, but perhaps as some of you mentioned the Lich King managed to get back one of his most loyal lieutenants, Anub’Arak, but I don’t think that the traitor king would have his sanity or even any kind of positive thinking inside his mind, not after all events within Azjol-Nerub. Being resurrected I guess he would look a bit deformed and certainly a bit tougher to get down; I like the idea of nerubians charging in at the end of the fight to save their former ruler. If I recall right blizzard stated that there was a major treason going on inside Azjol-Nerub by a council of some sort, I can’t clearly remember but there were some highly intelligent nerubians that were there for centuries working in shadow to overthrow the current leader/s, so they might be somehow involved as well; I had an idea that they were actually formed by the Lich King as he was losing his trust in Anub’arak, and that he was planning to somehow activate nerubians to pour out of their underground caves on the surface and organize a major offensive against the mortal races. Added to that is the fact that you have some rather strange nerubian activity in Borean Tundra, while you leveled you could see those large holes and masses of nerubians that were charging against anything in their way.
    Sindragosa is almost certain to be included in the raid, but I’m still speculating what could be the story behind her. Perhaps we would be fighting her like malygos on dragons or with aid from red dragonflight. She might be alone or perhaps with dozens of her brood; also I’m guessing that the fight could require a certain amount of frost resistance (seeing as any end game raid required a type of resistance, for ex. Sapphiron-frost, Princess Huhuran-nature, Mother Sharaz-shadow), and to be fairly honest I don’t think that we should kill her “completely” in that encounter. I was thinking something like that we kill her and get the loot, after which we continue the instance, but that she appears again in the final encounter with the Lich King, as he could easily resurrect her from the mere bones.
    Apart from these 4 I had also a couple of ideas myself, one being an elf type of blade master/samurai/rogue kind of character in the art book. This one is really a masterpiece of blizzard’s art team; it really shows what ideas are they capable of producing. My story would be that he was some kind of Kael’thas’ personal bodyguard in the events of the plague in tirisfal. If you played the campaign in frozen throne Kael was first encountered when he was trying to relocate some wagons with gold, probably a personal treasury of the sunstriders with his guards. He was aided by illidan and tyrande, after which he decided to form a pact with illidan and join him and the naga lead by Vashj aswell. My fiction was that Kael rewarded illidan for helping him with this young bodyguard, one of his finest, after which illidan tried to convince the bodyguard to become one of the demon hunters. This elf was somewhat not interested, even tough martial arts were his primary interest he wasn’t really prepared to step into the depths of legion hell, but eventually accepted to be thought by illidan. He created a unique combat style, similar of those that demon hunters use; He wasn’t using glaives or being blinded as a part of a ritualistic initiation, but from what you can see in the art book he uses 4 shields for a weapon, bound together in a shield rack with 2 swords that are facing down to the ground with their tips. It’s kinda hard to explain since I’ve never seen a weapon like this before, he wears it as a part of his arm actually, as the shield rack stretches from his shoulder to his fists. As he has 2 of these he is able to shield himself from the attackers by pulling the arms in a V position, and he fights by moving the arms around in the air and slicing the enemies with the swords in the racks. It is somewhat similar to blood rayne’s fighting style, although he has shields that protect his whole arm length, and he can use them to shield his body as well. His upper body is completely naked with just some jewelry in places, and he seems to wear plate armor on his legs. Also I had 2 ideas of how he became the servant of the Lich King; first was that once illidan was defeated by Arthas near the entrance to the Frozen Throne, the elf rushed and threw himself on the prince. He fought admirably, and given the fact the Arthas was already exhausted, almost killed (if you did the quests involving Mathias Lehner, the last quest with Arthas shows that illidan was tougher in that moment of time, and should probably have been victorious, but the prince managed to stay alive but badly wounded, after which he realized he didn’t have an use for his heart), no one was victorious. Arthas thanked this elf bodyguard for an admirable challenge and proposed a deal; as he was to become probably the most powerful creature on Azeroth, he wanted the elf to serve him as his personal bodyguard, doing what he knows best. He offered a dream world for the elf, everything he needed, including all of the pleasures he wanted but could not get by his former master. The elf thought for a while, but seeing as his former master was defeated and most of the illidari’s armies scattered and badly wounded, he didn’t want to return back to Kael and live the life in angst, but rather that he should stick to this new lord, a person that would most certainly become as powerful as a god.
    The second theory is that he was one of the last remaining in the combat between the naga and the scourge in icecrown, and as he was fighting desperately (and blindly to be honest) he eventually fell in combat swarmed by the millions of undead. Arthas saw this elf fighting; he saw his will and determination and decided that it would be a shame to let him die. He preserved his body and resurrected him after becoming a Lich king under a condition that the elf becomes his personal bodyguard, but not a death knight. The elf agreed, seeing as he would forever be locked in combat, but now he would only be fighting for a more terrible and powerful master. I saw a connection between him and Zeliek, the white death knight was a paladin in life and as a death knight he is still shining with that same determination and faith once he had. This clearly shows that some heroes might preserve their faith and sanity even after death.
    The last idea I had were the 2 men that returned with Arthas in Lordaeron. If you watched the cinematic in warcraft you saw Arthas with his two bodyguards that carried those polearm weapons. The story goes that they killed all of the remaining guards in the throne room, moments after Arthas executed his father, thereby becoming the last king of Lordaeron. These 2 fought by Arthas’ side from the very moment he stepped onto the icy shores of Northrend; they were the most feared men within the military. I had the idea that Terenas actually saw to their training, to become his son’s personal bodyguards once he becomes king; it is kind of ironic as well seeing as they actually became just that but under horrible circumstances. They were his personal generals afterwards when he became the Lich King; although I’m not sure if they were humans or undead at the time they returned to Lordaeron. I’m guessing that it would be interesting that they were still humans, and the only humans inside the Icecrown Citadel, as whatever humanity was left in Arthas didn’t want to turn them into scourge for some reason. They might be an encounter like twin emperors or eredar twins, with elements of certain tactic that requires to kill both of them in the same time, or if you kill one the other loses a portion of the health or similar.
    These are basically some of my prime ideas for the instance besides Arthas; I’m still thinking what the encounter would be like but I couldn’t really add anything more than you said, once again I have to note that most of your ideas are really radical and interesting, aswell as the theory with Saurfang jr. I had some other fiction aswell including the naga and how is it possible that none of their structures or at least a small portion of the army hasn’t been left in icecrown; I mean if you played the campaign its obvious that they had a major base with admirable defenses and a strong army present in Icecrown; added to that Vashj could summon dozen or more squads from the waters as in that time icecrown was nothing more than a huge glacier, but I guess once illidan fell they all thought that its better if they just make a run for it towards outland, since they failed to do what they came for in Northrend: to destroy the Frozen Throne. They could make a diversion afterwards probably by Kael’s and naga combined forces, it’s not like illidan himself had to do it. But I guess they weren’t so much interested in it, although they all knew what the consequences of failing Kil’jaeden are. I’d like to see them in the instance, even in a small group or at least the ruins of their base/s. Would be fun if there was an off-shot naga faction that worked all this time in Icecrown under illidari and that they would be something like the ashtongue in shadowmoon/black temple.&#160;

Quote Originally Posted by H4Ld1R
    1. Frepix <EZ mode boss>
    2. Lord Gearcheck
    3. Runfools lord of Kite/Los
    4.Imsohard <get nerfed in 1 week>
    5.LK
    or something like that
    He's got it.

1. Ascended Ymiron and Angerboda.
    2. Colossal Abomination.
    3. Arugal wielding the Scythe of Elune.
    4. Aggammagan - gear check.
    5. Kel'thuzad re-risen + Mal'Ganis. In an event similar to Brutallus and Felmyst with the fight beforehand. The raid group encounters the admiral and some high ranking scarlet people. Both parties rush through a gauntlet event to get to KT's room. The scarlet guys get in there first, but KT kills most of them and Ice Blocks the admiral. The raid group then enters and begins fighting KT. They can choose not to break the iceblock for a hard mode, but when the ice block is broken, the Admiral is friendly to players, transforms into Mal'Ganis(since he doesnt need a disguise anymore) and helps to kill Kel'Thuzad.
    After KT is dead, Mal'ganis destroys his Phylactary and turns on the raid. If the raid does the hard mode, the Phylactary becomes a "This item begins a quest" to bring it to Rhonin and have it destroyed and get 3p1x in return.
    6. Vampire elf
    7. Anub'Arak
    8. DK council, where you are aided by Koltira and the knights of the ebon blade.
    9. Sindragosa
    10. The Lich King: Various different characters will appear throughout this fight, Wrynn, Jaina, Thrall, Sylvanas, Tirion, Darion. the raid takes down Arthas most of the way, surviving Apocolypses by hiding under a shield created by Jaina, the other Npcs will buff the raid or debuff Arthas (Wrynn's battle shout should be pretty good :P) As Arthas is weakened/nearly dead, Tirion throws Ashbringer to Darion, who kills Arthas with it. Darion then dies and we see the spirit of Alexandros descend and take Darions ghost with him.
    After this, Ner'zhul in spirit form takes control of somebody in the raid and begins attacking everyone with buffed health/damage, when this person is dpsed down, he jumps to another player with stats reduced by 20% and continues like this till the controlled player doesnt recieve any additional bonus. after this, he takes control of Wrynn, who is then killed by Thrall, allowing Jaina to become the new leader of the humans, but escalating the conflict between horde and alliance.

Some kind of boss that casts Insanity like Herod Volazj in Old kingdom would be a cool raid. 25ppl against 25ppl! That would be an intense fight that will surely kill some people, modify it slightly so everyone fights everyone at the same time tho.

As for who would do this I havent got a clue but think it would be a cool aspect of the boss fight