Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Booming Echoes on the ptr

I was testing out a pvp sec on the ptr and i found something that might be a glitch. When i cast flame shock or frost shock. earth shock and wind shock go on the 3 sec cool down. so all my shocks have a 3 sec cool down. but when i use earth shock. all the shocks go on the 6 sec cool down. even the talented frost and flame shock. Is this working as intended or could be a glitch that blizz would need to work out?

She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh.
    She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance.

Deleted

Re: Booming Echoes on the ptr

I might be missing something but honestly I have no clue why I should want that talent at all.

I understand it has nothing to do with your question at all But can someone explain to me why an elemental shaman wants to have the flameshock totem reset at 3 sec? All I care for the thing being on my target so I can nuke with lava burtst?

Or .. am I totally missing a point here?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Eminus
    I understand it has nothing to do with your question at all But can someone explain to me why an elemental shaman wants to have the flameshock totem reset at 3 sec? All I care for the thing being on my target so I can nuke with lava burtst?

Or .. am I totally missing a point here?
    You're totally missing the point here ^^"
    It's mainly a PvP-change.. so that you could cast your Flame Shock and Frost Shock more often, hence giving a bit more survivability... don't think it will work that well, tbh >_>
    On the PvE-side, I think it might be useful on fights like gluth, if you're assigned to kite the zombies... but that won't be pretty often, so it really is just a PvP-talent.

To the op:
    I believe it isn't working as intended... from the tooltip it should do the following:
    Flame Shock and Frost Shock have 2 secs less on cooldown than your other shocks.
    So when you cast Flame Shock, your Earth/Wind Shock should have 6 sec Cooldown, while your Frost Shock should have 4 sec Cooldown.
    When you cast Earth Shock, your Flame/Frost Shock should have 4 sec Cooldown, whily Wind Shock should have 6 sec.

This is what I think.. because the way it's working right now would be:
    "Reduces the cooldown triggered by your Flame Shock and Frost Shock spells by an additional 1/2 sec., and....."

Don't know if it's true, just my thoughts about it^^

If what the OP is saying is not a bug then that could be really handy : p

I tried it out on the ptr. and it does help agood bit. gives you more insta casts. now if only blizz would get rid of the linked cool down on all shocks.. i think that would help way more than reduced cool downs on two shocks.

She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh.
    She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dudits
    I was testing out a pvp sec on the ptr and i found something that might be a glitch. When i cast flame shock or frost shock. earth shock and wind shock go on the 3 sec cool down. so all my shocks have a 3 sec cool down. but when i use earth shock. all the shocks go on the 6 sec cool down. even the talented frost and flame shock. Is this working as intended or could be a glitch that blizz would need to work out?
    Well, you messed up everything.

First if your Frost and Flame Shock both have 3 sec CD, that means you had to pick up Reverberation and it also means your Earth Shock has 5 sec CD.

Second there is nothign buggy about how it works. Shocks trigger cooldown for every other shock, and you have to think of their cooldown as 'time after which you cannot cast any shocks at all'.

Blizzards let you cast another shock 4 sec after casting Frost and Flame Shock, and 6 seconds after Earth Shock. Maybe cause ES interrupts, maybe they just dont like shamans at all. But this is intended.

You cast Frost/Flame Shock - you get 4 sec CD on every shock.
    You cast Earth/Wind Shock - you get 6 sec CD on every shock.

we need abilities to slow/stun our target to create distance. This adding talent is nothing more but a talent waster to be honest. Its their attempt not to give instant spells which shaman class needs, badly. Unlinking shocks might the step needed to help the shaman, and bring back paralyze which was easiler in PRT stages but did not make it live. That's when shaman dps was so low, blizzard needed second look at our class..ect

bottom line, we need paralyze back into our shaman, replace it with this added talent. I wouldn't mind making paralyze ability to be talented spell. But to be honest we are nothing more then a supporting class with added abilities to keep us at the back as usual.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kiddo
    we need abilities to slow/stun our target to create distance. This adding talent is nothing more but a talent waster to be honest. Its their attempt not to give instant spells which shaman class needs, badly. Unlinking shocks might the step needed to help the shaman, and bring back paralyze which was easiler in PRT stages but did not make it live. That's when shaman dps was so low, blizzard needed second look at our class..ect

bottom line, we need paralyze back into our shaman, replace it with this added talent. I wouldn't mind making paralyze ability to be talented spell. But to be honest we are nothing more then a supporting class with added abilities to keep us at the back as usual.
    Paralyze was 15% chance on Lbolt cast to slow them by 75% and with each second it was lowered... How is that ANY good? It doesnt help at all with lack of instant casts, nor with kiting.

Frost shock is good spell for kiting, with 3 or 4 sec CD it can have 100% uptime and still we'll be able to cast flame shock etc.

Im not sayings its great talent, but talking bour paralyze which was imo fail, wont be any goo either.

Seems like every melee has more anti kiting skills now that we have kiting skills. I used to be able to throw down a fire totem and kite a warrior in a circle, now I'm slowed 3 ways the the totem is killed with a macro.

Booming echoes is useful on trash, or any multitarget fight. Flame shock does more damage than lightning bolt. On trash, my priority is
    Magma if not up
    Thunderstorm if not up (and glyphed)
    CL if not up
    FS if not up (on any targets)
    LvB
    LB

Somebody brought up a good point about it for me on the ptr because I to was clueless to why any raiding ele shaman would want this talent. If you are below 500 haste or what not, its a great talent to have because it allows you to fix your rotation if that makes sense, its also a small boost to dmg. I thought about that and its a good point. My only thing about taking this talent was where are you taking the 2 pts from to get it, only smart thing i could think of was pushback.

I'd assume the reason why a pve elemental shaman would pick it would be to increase the DD part of FS (by a very little amount), because of the lack of other places to put their talent points.

I cant see it helping anything in either PVE or PVP. Make improved ghost wolf a base talent and I can see having the pts for it in a pvp build.

Quote Originally Posted by Instant
    Well, you messed up everything.

First if your Frost and Flame Shock both have 3 sec CD, that means you had to pick up Reverberation and it also means your Earth Shock has 5 sec CD.

Second there is nothign buggy about how it works. Shocks trigger cooldown for every other shock, and you have to think of their cooldown as 'time after which you cannot cast any shocks at all'.

Blizzards let you cast another shock 4 sec after casting Frost and Flame Shock, and 6 seconds after Earth Shock. Maybe cause ES interrupts, maybe they just dont like shamans at all. But this is intended.

You cast Frost/Flame Shock - you get 4 sec CD on every shock.
    You cast Earth/Wind Shock - you get 6 sec CD on every shock.
    how is that "working as intended" ? "Reduce cooldown of your Flame Shock and Frost shock spells by 2 sec and increases direct damage done by Frost shock and Flame shock spells by 20%"

it clearly ISNT intended in way it works right now, FlS and FS should have always 4s CD and WS and ES 6s without reverbation, 3/5 with reverbation, no matter what shock was used lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Marakara
    I'd assume the reason why a pve elemental shaman would pick it would be to increase the DD part of FS (by a very little amount), because of the lack of other places to put their talent points.
    more instants on movement fights is always good tbh also if needed, shorter CD on FS will be great for kiting multiple mobs (gluth-like).

I think it is working as intended because of the fact that Shocks share a cooldown.

however, Blizzard worded the talent poorly to take that into account.

It should have been worded like: "Reduce cooldown of your Shock spells, when Flame Shock or Frost Shock is cast, by 2 seconds."

secondly, PvE Elemental Shaman does get a slight DPS increase from taking this talent as it does increase FlS damage by 20%. albeit minutely small, the current PvE spec uses a lot of unnecessary points in mana conservation anyway so you can easily take points out of US or Convection to accommodate for this change.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Neokarasu

Doesn't booming echoes also add 20% damage to your flame shock? If this is the case I will be dropping 4% mana efficiency and picking it up. If you're casting flame shock anyway to get the LvB crits, might as well maximize the damage done during that GcD anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohplotsa
    Doesn't booming echoes also add 20% damage to your flame shock? If this is the case I will be dropping 4% mana efficiency and picking it up. If you're casting flame shock anyway to get the LvB crits, might as well maximize the damage done during that GcD anyway.
    20% to the direct damage, so only the initial hit.

I think this is more of a PvP change, a terrible one at that, by reducing the CD on the two spells an additional 2 seconds. It's a slight damage boost for PvE, you'll let FlaS tickout anyway. And, the 2 second reduced CD doesnt make Lava Burst cool any sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Instant
    Im not sayings its great talent, but talking bour paralyze which was imo fail, wont be any goo either.
    Good if it could proc of any form of nature damage, namely LS

lava brust needs to be an instant spell, maybe this added talent would be better in pvp. Right now, blizzard haven't given elem shammies anything at all. I'm speaking towards pvp point of view only.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

What fakestreet said.

When you cast Flame shock or Frost shock you indeed have 4 sec cooldown. But when you cast Earth Shock you trigger 6 seconds shared SHOCK COOLDOWN... which is why it has longer CD. How can you not understand it?

It is bad wording though, like many other tooltips in game...