From Holy to Disc.

Due to guild needs I have moved from Holy to Disc.

Ever since pre-BC I have been playing holy and am obviously not geared for disc. Most of my items are spirit based and I have been stacking spirit when ever possible and I would like to know what is a good spellpower number to shoot for (just starting Naxx).

By the by Disc. is alot more fun and challenging at times to use ;D

Re: From Holy to Disc.

I think after 3.1 mp5 is gonna be better than spirit for disc, and you will want crit for Divine Aegis. As for spellpower going into Naxx, I'm not so sure about a designated range of numbers you want to be in, but as much as you can get is all you can do :P

"Time is immeasurable, we can only see the perceptible effects of it. Maybe now you'll understand why I have no time."

I did my first 10 man naxx in which I was only 1 of 2 healers with a total of under 1500 SP. If you have good timing with your other healers, you can make up for a lack of SP pretty easily.

Is this a really good disc spec for patch 3.1??

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9626

Discuss!!
    Duel me if u dare! I think your chicken, /duel
    http://snoekje. mybrute. com

Deleted

Improved Healing? When does people learn..

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9626 should be good, 3rd major is obviously Penance, minors are gone by my preference, you can add 3rd as you wish. Shadowfiend might be good, since I have my doubdts of it surviving.. even after the buffs.

Personally, I'm gemming int to whatever I can, keeps up Mental Strenght and Replenishment ticks way higher. Sure, I'm bit more reliant on Replenishment, but on the other hand, Rapture will still provide me more mana with higher intellect, that ain't changing. What is though, is that you don't gain more mana from your spellpower, only from your amount of mana.

PWS and Penance as priorities, then it's FH, but that's rather obvious. Chain Inner Focus with PoH or gheal.

Funny how "bloated" disc tree is now even more bloated, lacking one point compared to having one point extra nowadays.. I hope they won't add new talents without removing more points. :P [Hint, PWB..]

Quote Originally Posted by Whister
    Is this a really good disc spec for patch 3.1??

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9626

Discuss!!
    If you trust your other healers in raids you come to the conclusion that 1pt spent in DPr is a total waste. That's why are raids for, to be given backup almost all time. And still you have the binding heal near you. You don't need greater heal to be optimised, cuz you gonna use it now and then.

I would dump points from imp renew and stick them into something else if i would have a second best option.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by adalet
    If you trust your other healers in raids you come to the conclusion that 1pt spent in DPr is a total waste. That's why are raids for, to be given backup almost all time. And still you have the binding heal near you. You don't need greater heal to be optimised, cuz you gonna use it now and then.

I would dump points from imp renew and stick them into something else if i would have a second best option.
    mp5 has ALWAYS been better for disc than spirit.

Int -> mp5 -> crit -> spellpower -> spirit

In fact, I use some of the shadow tier armor because I favor the crit over spirit.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Deleted

Actually itemization goes like this.

Intellect > spellpower > crit > haste > mp5 =/= spirit

and indeed some shadow tiers are good for discipline. the valorous shadow gloves are known to be Best in slot gloves for discipline at elitistjerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cianxo
    Improved Healing? When does people learn..
    Only after they do learn for starters.
    Proud owner of the original [Master of Anatomy] and Fail macros.

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    Actually itemization goes like this.

Intellect > spellpower > crit > haste > mp5 =/= spirit

and indeed some shadow tiers are good for discipline. the valorous shadow gloves are known to be Best in slot gloves for discipline at elitistjerks.
    itemization is and will always stay a personal choise of a player, some will prefer int over mp5s, some will prefer spirit over mp5s, some will prefer haste over crit etc.

acordin to what you wrote:
    if a item has say: 50 int, 50 stamina, 30 crit, 20 haste and 65 spellpower, you would prefer it over : 40 int, 50 stamina, 30 crit, 20 haste, 80 spell power, which would be my choise.

for me highest spellpower on gear win's over int/crit/mp5s. ofc i want a combination of stats on the item with most spell power: i would like to have as discipline int (and stam), it would be nice to get crit and haste. i wouldn't say: splpwr > int > crit > haste, but i would chose a combination of those stats on my gear.