ProfessionBook replacement?

Can anyone recommend a good replacement for ProfessionBook?
    It basically scans your crafted items each time you bring up the book thing, but more often than not, even without learning new patterns/recipes/designs/etc... it just locks the game up(one time it was going on for more than 5minutes so i just alt-f4'd and disabled it

Any viable replacements for it? I'm looking for an addon that can remember what my alts can craft/brew/cut, etc, and maybe allow me to link the profession(i don't think ProfessionBook can)

Re: ProfessionBook replacement?

i use Advanced Trade Skill Window

works perfect for my use, ive never tried "Professionbook" tho cause i never had to

Hmm... looking on WoWInterface, Curse and IncGamers, several people have mentioned a game locking issue for "Advanced Tradeskill Window", i guess they use the same code or maybe it's an internal limitation of such a feature?

ATSW and ProffesionsBook are two different things.

ATSW is a replacement for the default tradeskill guid. Customizable, bigger, better searches, etc.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ions-book.aspx
    ProfessionsBook scans your tradeskills, and does 2 things mainly:
    1) color codes shop/AH. Red means you can't learn it, Green means a character of yours can learn it, etc. Makes searching AH/Shops easier.
    2) tooltip info - So and So knows it, So and So can learn it, So and So doesn't have the skill yet, etc

I have ProfessionsBook and have no crashes what so ever. Maybe something else you have is interfering with it?

RecipeBook is probably a good choice for replacement, since I think it does basically the same thing. I don't think it has tooltip info tho, could be wrong. Otherwise: Scan tradeksills > Stuff gets color coded.

Kriis
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Quote Originally Posted by Hso
    Can anyone recommend a good replacement for ProfessionBook?
    It basically scans your crafted items each time you bring up the book thing, but more often than not, even without learning new patterns/recipes/designs/etc... it just locks the game up(one time it was going on for more than 5minutes so i just alt-f4'd and disabled it

Any viable replacements for it? I'm looking for an addon that can remember what my alts can craft/brew/cut, etc, and maybe allow me to link the profession(i don't think ProfessionBook can)
    Every New Patch it seems it has to rescan your professions...maybe this was the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracion
    Every New Patch it seems it has to rescan your professions...maybe this was the problem?
    I'd think it's more of a 'needs to be updated' problem. I've never had issues with PB personally. I get more lag from ATSW.

WowMatrix ftw.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym