Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Origin of Nightmares vs. Journey's End

Quote Originally Posted by Selverein
    Wait... you'd rather have Black Ice than Journey's End as a DPS weapon?... O_o
    No, but I tank 99% of the time, so either the black ice or the journey's end are offspec for me -- and the black ice is cooler lookin. =)

Quote Originally Posted by voltzx
    the reason i put this on the druid forums was that im a hunter and a feral tank druid got this staff last night when he had the Origin of Nightmares he doesnt have a threat problem and clearly you guys thought i was a druid whoever was telling me the play my class just didnt know the circumstances
    Best in slot for Druid DPS or hunter, probably like second best threat weapon.

Let your DKP/whatever decide
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD
    Is it really that hard? May be you have to play some Mario games. Mario is awesome and you don't need a guide to play.
    Whoa even you had to hit a purple mushroom to find out they killed you the first time.

I totally agree though that it was an obvious choice of weaponry.

Quote Originally Posted by baseball
    No, but I tank 99% of the time, so either the black ice or the journey's end are offspec for me -- and the black ice is cooler lookin. =)
    If you're tanking you should be using Either Original of Nightmare or Inevitable Defeat, Journey's End is better than Black ice, for tanking (threat) or DPS.
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

me: "journey's end is offspec for me since I am a tank."

you: "if you're tanking you should be using [something other than journey's end]."

Glad we can agree.

Quote Originally Posted by baseball
    me: "journey's end is offspec for me since I am a tank."

you: "if you're tanking you should be using [something other than journey's end]."

Glad we can agree.
    That makes WONDERFUL sense considering people have already posted that Journey's End in 3.1 is very tanking viable due to raw AP and the added crit on the weapon.

$50 says 3.1 staff talk is pointless since we'll get a new armor staff

Quote Originally Posted by Martouf
    $50 says 3.1 staff talk is pointless since we'll get a new armor staff
    $51 says an armor stuff sucks coz we don't get improved armor from it, better go for crit or expertise on ur staff, taking a staff for just 700 armor is rubbish in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Boringz
    $51 says an armor stuff sucks coz we don't get improved armor from it, better go for crit or expertise on ur staff, taking a staff for just 700 armor is rubbish in my opinion
    I'll takes 0.60% mitigation over 1% crit. A druid that isn't stacking stam should have well over 40% crit and should be well over the dodge cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Martouf
    I'll takes 0.60% mitigation over 1% crit. A druid that isn't stacking stam should have well over 40% crit and should be well over the dodge cap.
    well, another 1% chance to pop ur savage defense which also absorbs magic dmg, armor doesnt..

there is no dodge cap.
    On the other hand, tanks need threat, but it is mainly for trash groups, because when it is a boss fight u want more mitigation/avoidance than threat, because normally druids don't have issues with threat unless u don't have the correct or at least the most suitable rotation for that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by estrild
    there is no dodge cap.
    On the other hand, tanks need threat, but it is mainly for trash groups, because when it is a boss fight u want more mitigation/avoidance than threat, because normally druids don't have issues with threat unless u don't have the correct or at least the most suitable rotation for that fight.
    I think he may have meant the 50% dodge milestone, at that point def and dodge becomes superior to agility as far as mitigation.

well yes i agree that after diminishing returns but remember that dodge will be after diminishing returns, this means that no matter where does the dodge come from.
    So dodge rating doesnt help much for this, but def yes because it also has chance to be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    I think he may have meant the 50% dodge milestone, at that point def and dodge becomes superior to agility as far as mitigation.
    NO, defense becomes better. not dodge. since dodge and agility provide the same type of avoidance.

Quote Originally Posted by elapadrinar
    NO, defense becomes better. not dodge. since dodge and agility provide the same type of avoidance.
    thanks for the correction, didn't know that.