Page 1 of 2
LastLast

25 Priests Vs. Sartharion? (40PriestOnyxia v2.0)

Has this been done?!
    It would be epic.

Re: 25 Priests Vs. Sartharion? (40PriestOnyxia v2.0)

I tanked one of the cultists in the vortex using Dispersion, does that count?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Should be more than possible to do.

Hehe, rotate Pain Supressions on the tank, Shadow Priests tanking with Dispersion and their reduced physical and magical (next patch) damage, holy priests healing the raid...It would be something to see.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Hard now that Mind blast lost the extra threat and sartharion has much higher damage relative to onyxia, tanks have come a long way since vanilla.

in order to put out enough TPS to tank you'd nost likely need to drop SF, but that would cause pushback which would lower your TPS.

in order to have the HP to survive youd need to gimp stats and stack STA, again gimping TPS.

Healing and DPS would be fine.

Tanking would be a constant kick in the balls.

I suppose if all the others had affinity and were carefull... but prolly not just yet.

you wouldn't get past the trash with curse of mending

Quote Originally Posted by Xadaver
    you wouldn't get past the trash with curse of mending
    lol pwned.

Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    lol pwned.
    Ever thought about stoping to attack? Probably not.

TPS wont be an issue aslong u deal more threat than healers do.

U prolly cant use Pains. coz of the 5% threatloss.

DPS can stop, healers cant

The Question is: Is it healable? if yes... npnp.. the hardest part will be gathering 25 priest to do that

With all of your DPS giving themselves 15% (25% if specced) self healing on damage and passive healing to the rest of the raid, it looks like something possible.

I'm just wondering how many minutes it'd take for healers to go oom on the priest "tank" who'd be getting owned by every single hit.

Sylvermoon

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    Ever thought about stoping to attack? Probably not.
    Ever thought about human needs such as a need for fluid, food and toilet breaks? If you'd have your DPS stop attacking when cursed that trash would take a fuckin month.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvermoon
    Ever thought about human needs such as a need for fluid, food and toilet breaks? If you'd have your DPS stop attacking when cursed that trash would take a fuckin month.
    The curse lasts 2mins.

So you need to wait 2 minutes before you engage the next boss/trash.

Doesn't sound that long.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    I'm just wondering how many minutes it'd take for healers to go oom on the priest "tank" who'd be getting owned by every single hit.
    What's that?

Would a shadow priest be able to survive a hit from the boss with usual gear and no special buffs ? What I'm thinking is you could have several priests 'tanking' the boss, using fade after they get hit - they could even be spread out to minimize the frequency of said hits. Not many healers should be necessary if most of them are shadow, their damage should provide lots of healing already.

Quote Originally Posted by perera
    Would a shadow priest be able to survive a hit from the boss with usual gear and no special buffs ? What I'm thinking is you could have several priests 'tanking' the boss, using fade after they get hit - they could even be spread out to minimize the frequency of said hits. Not many healers should be necessary if most of them are shadow, their damage should provide lots of healing already.
    Well, as far as i know a priest can reach about 25-26k hp in some of the best sta gear available - So i'm guessing around 34-35k hp if completely buffed.
    My guess is that he hits for around 18k on cloth, so should be fairly doable with PS / GS rotations + shadowform, the only problem would be threat :X

My suggestion for a spec would be this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9658

Bah, just noticed that Enlightenment won't give sta in 3.1 :<

Quote Originally Posted by Kexmeister
    Well, as far as i know a priest can reach about 25-26k hp in some of the best sta gear available - So i'm guessing around 34-35k hp if completely buffed.
    My guess is that he hits for around 18k on cloth, so should be fairly doable with PS / GS rotations + shadowform, the only problem would be threat :X

My suggestion for a spec would be this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9658
    Yep hits that on cloth none crit, and crits for a good 35-40k.

greenmasheen

the adds hit rather hard on cloth.