Re: Council Hardmode - Steelbreaker takes a nap :< Loot inc

Quote Originally Posted by Devidose
    Not really.

Blue items in endgame atm: 187
    10M raids: 200
    25M raids: 213
    Few exceptions: 226

Add on 13, and you get the Ulduar 239.

Why? No idea, given what the item levels of WoW original endgame items were............
    yeah seems methodical vs random imo

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account

Except some of the hardmode loot is 232.

Most likely doing the middle guy last gives you 1 peice of 232 loot, and doing the big guy last gives you that plus a peice of 239 loot. This way it has hard, medium, and easy settings.

Edit: or perhaps they've returned to the SSC/TK model where weapons are 6 ilvls higher than armor.

Also one thing to note:

We got more loot then the other guilds who killed him on easy mode, (little guy last)

I believe killing the rune-master last is the medium level difficulty resulting in possibly: A fragment or 239ilvl loot

Then the hard mode would be the latter: A fragment or 239ilvl loot included.

Quote Originally Posted by Erionn
    What a random ilvl
    226+13=239

Not random at all. Actually the expected ilvl for hardmodes.

So, already killed on hardmode? I was expecting hardmode to be as hard as muru pre nerf :S

Was it atleast hard?
    Impossible is NOTHING!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by remanis
    So, already killed on hardmode? I was expecting hardmode to be as hard as muru pre nerf :S

Was it atleast hard?
    Why would you expect a middle boss in a mid-tier instance, even on hard-mode, to be as hard as an end-game boss that is considered to have been the hardest boss yet? That's beyond stupid.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

I'll say that when we killed it even though it's just PTR and no one cares, that the rush you get when you kill a boss of significance such as when we did muru hours before the first week's reset, that rush is present just not as huge of course. It was nice to feel it again, that's what type of boss it was on hardmode

Quote Originally Posted by remanis

Was it atleast hard?
    Don't expect every hard mode to be super hard. Even if you changed your statement to "as hard as 3 drake sarth" that would still not be what you should expect. Expect some of the bosses to have very challenging hard modes but also some of the bosses hard modes to add just a little challenge to it (think Naxxramas hard modes such as Loatheb without Spores, or not dispelling Enrage on Faerlina).

Least that's what I'm expecting to see.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66