Hey guys, quick question about PW shield

I was wondering.

In my recount i cant seem to find the amount of damage my PW shield is absorbing,

Is there a way to see how much damage my PW shield absorbs ?

It sort of sucks becuase i use PW shield a lot, but healing meters dont seem to credit you for a shield.

It would seem to me that damage absorbed is just as good as damage healed.

So does anyone know of a way to see this stat ?

Thanks

Re: Hey guys, quick question about PW shield

Quote Originally Posted by solar71
    I was wondering.

In my recount i cant seem to find the amount of damage my PW shield is absorbing,

Is there a way to see how much damage my PW shield absorbs ?

It sort of sucks becuase i use PW shield a lot, but healing meters dont seem to credit you for a shield.

It would seem to me that damage absorbed is just as good as damage healed.

So does anyone know of a way to see this stat ?

Thanks
    Nope, I would make a point to submit a Feedback thread on the PTR about this. Especially with the amount of shields Disc priests will be throwing around come 3.1, along with stacking Divine Aegis' and Val'anyr's proc effect, and a possible re-implementation of PW:Barrier according to GC, healing meters are going to be very, very skewed against us.

There's a version of Recount out that tries to approximate this in the current state of the game. However, it is very inaccurate due to its assumption that Discipline priests are the only class that can prevent damage through absorption, and will thus credit you with any damage absorbed on a target of yours.

To fix this, instead of the following in the combat log:
    [Player] took 300 damage from [Enemy]'s [Spell] (500 [Absorbed]).

Say:
    [Player] took 300 damage from [Enemy]'s [Spell] (500 [Absorbed] from [Player2]'s [Shield Spell]).

I can't imagine this taking much time to implement.

Absorbtion won't show. If you have the PW:S glyph (heal on cast) you can find the amount of times healed, then figure what % were cast on a tank (100% abosrbtion) or on dps/heals (prob far less on most fights). Then multiply out by your shield absorbtion amount and manually add it into your heals. Or just let your fellow raiders know that the Divine Aegis + PW:S + Renewed Hope will be a significant (if unreported) part of your healing and judge value accordingly.

There's addons that can atleast tell you how much your shields absorb.

Here's one that tells you how much your shield have absorbed, and how much is left of it.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ldmonitor.html

There is an unofficial version of recount that shows your PW:S and your Divine Aegis absorption and adds it like regular healing.

Even shows you what % overall each spell was of your total output. As a raiding disc priest it's interesting to see DA and PW:S equal to almost 50% of my healing when added together.

Of course the "hacked" recount is not 100% accurate (I would venture to say it's extremely close) as it uses some guess work but overall it gives you a great idea of where you stand as opposed to the other people in the raid since you normally can't do that with regular recount. (overhealing is a good indicator sometimes but not for every class/spec)

Also, only YOUR recount will show this. It will NOT collect absorption information from other people nor will it send your absorption information to other people. So what I do is I usually wait for someone to link healing (and see I'm in 3rd-5th depending on the fight) and then I link mine! (and miraculously I'm in 1st!!!....or 2nd hehe)

Here's the link...

http://www.wowhead.com/?forums&topic=68238&p=725586
    There is great feedback on the page too give the whole thing a read!

It's very accurate even with the minor assumptions it makes to get the numbers.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Easy calculation for a disc priest (3/3 imp PW:S, 5/5 Twin Disciplines, 5/5 Borrowed Time, 2/2 Focussed Power):

amount absorbed = 2756 + spell power * 1.512

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewarrows
    To fix this, instead of the following in the combat log:
    [Player] took 300 damage from [Enemy]'s [Spell] (500 [Absorbed]).

Say:
    [Player] took 300 damage from [Enemy]'s [Spell] (500 [Absorbed] from [Player2]'s [Shield Spell]).

I can't imagine this taking much time to implement.
    well it would probably involve a complete rewrite of the logging code; since they changed logging around recently, each log event is basically something like 6 parameters - source character, target character, spell id, damage done etc etc. so you are asking for 2 more parameters ([Player2], and [Shield Spell]) to be added to each log event which has implications for server client bandwidth etc.

Well my brain hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...edabsorbs.aspx

Adds a new tab to Recount to show guessed absorbs for all your "healing". It's a nice tool for discipline priests, though this plugin is not 100% accurate (as the name suggests).
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...edabsorbs.aspx

Adds a new tab to Recount to show guessed absorbs for all your "healing". It's a nice tool for discipline priests, though this plugin is not 100% accurate (as the name suggests).
    Thanks for the link. I usually guestimate my absorbs by some fast calculations in my head (Glyph of PW:S * 5 and I add 10%* of (Total Amount Healed - Renew) for Divine Aegis). Will be interesting to see how well it holds up.

* I did a calculation once and got 10% of the total amount healed minus what Renew healed for my Divine Aegis based on 25% crit.

The glyph's output is modified by +healing buffs (see: Grace, Twin Disciplines, Focused Power, Improved Devotion/Tree of Life, etc) whereas the shield is not. (Imagine if the shield was affected by MS? Yeah, I thought so.)

Sadly, this addon doesn't take that into account. Assuming I get my time off from work, I might just get to work on one that can take buffs/debuffs into account, as well as give you a flat out number of how much of a buffer zone you have on that target (see: stacking Aegis, Shield, and if a Paladin's Sacred Shield just showed up).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~