best dps boost profession?

so im herb / miner on my main (rogue) atm cuz i cant decide which one i should drop

what im looking for is the best profession to boost my dps..

i have thought about dropping herb for JC but im not sure if its the best profession, or even worth it

some help here would be appreciated ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Re: best dps boost profession?

JC/BS
    or
    JC/Enchanting

JC is the best profession available for a personal benefit. BS, Enchanting, and probably Inscription are the second best.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

i was thinking about LW actually.. you get bracer enchant + the new leg enchant in 3.1 ( im not sure about this )

but yeah JC, then ill have to keep mining until im "max" skilled then drop mining for enchanting

JC/BS as far as I know is the best for Min/Max.

You get the extra gem slots plus the 3 or 4 epic gems.

Enchanting you can enchant your rings... which is always nice too.
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    JC/BS
    or
    JC/Enchanting

JC is the best profession available for a personal benefit. BS, Enchanting, and probably Inscription are the second best.
    dont forget leatherworking
    +114ap

enchanting for both rings is only 64ap orso
    50% of the Hunter population does not exist. They are Huntards.
    Don't Typ to Much, Lazy to Read

Quote Originally Posted by mehdie
    +114ap

Thats true... I forgot the Leatherworking.

JC/BS would really be the best for Tanking not DPS. Because there are a JC tanking trinkets plus all the extra Stamina you could stack.

Leatherworking might be a better idea for DPS. Plus skinning has a passive +crit now right?
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

Nah man. Don't listen to these people.

Engineering and Tailoring easily has the most benefits.

An arsenal of flying mounts, nitro boosts, a cloak enchant, and a flashlight. where can you go wrong?

+114ap

lol... there is the bracer enchant that doesn't require you to have LWing (that is 50 ap). So the personal benefit is actually the same lol.

LW: 114 - 50 = 64 Ench: 32 * 2 = 64

btw enchanting is a bitch

+114ap

114 - 50(The normal bracer enchant.) = 64 AP aswell.
    So your argument kinda fails.

You guys are obviously forgetting about alchemy.
    Granted nothing to enchant or gem your equipment with but the plus ap/spell dmg boost you get out of flask bonus due to mixology is up there if not surpassing the extra that you receive from crafting gems and beats some of the other professions if your a caster.

4 hr flasks, Mixology, Crazy Alchemist Potion that give a bonus buff with mana/hp, not to mention supposedly they are gonna make lvl 80 versions of the alchy trinket

All the skills (other than engineering) currently give equivelent value at least according to blizzes itemization values, the place where BS and JC shine is that with them the stats you gain, while still equivelent, are completely under your control, while the others the stats you gain are chosen for you.

also JC gets even more of an edge for dpsers because it allos you to gain socket bonuses from pieces with blue sockets that you would otherise not get, and gets around using a blue gem (or 2 in the case of chaotic skyflare) in order to activate your meta socket

In short JC gives a small stat boost
    JC and BS are more versititle than the rest
    if your just going to take ap or spell power gems they are all the same other than JC

ive decided to go JC, and keep mining ofc..

i have skilled up enchanting a few times before.. and it sure is a bitch but its kinda nice being able to DE..

i myself am LW and skin, skin for the 32 crit bonus and the LW is nice cuz those armr kits can cost 300g+ on my server and the 114 AP to bracers is nice compared to the 35 or 44 AP i forget which to bracers if u had them normal chanted

+114ap

Yeah that's true about the 114 AP, but rings CANNOT be enchanted without having enchanting, you can enchant bracers with something else like 44 AP or what not and not waste time lvling LW, instead i just went Enchanting and thinking about either insription, JC, or BS becuz of the extra sockets or glyph to shoulders, and glyphs to urself.

Quote Originally Posted by Varmethias
    i myself am LW and skin, skin for the 32 crit bonus and the LW is nice cuz those armr kits can cost 300g+ on my server and the 114 AP to bracers is nice compared to the 35 or 44 AP i forget which to bracers if u had them normal chanted
    What do u mean by the 32 crit bonus with skinning?

Quote Originally Posted by stalix
    What do u mean by the 32 crit bonus with skinning?
    He means you get a 32 critical strike rating bonus with max skinning.

Quote Originally Posted by stalix
    Yeah that's true about the 114 AP, but rings CANNOT be enchanted without having enchanting, you can enchant bracers with something else like 44 AP or what not and not waste time lvling LW
    And this matters, why?

The ap bonus is exactly the same. The benefit to dps is exactly the same.