Thread: pvp weapon

Deleted

pvp weapon

Ok when I reach 80 I guess a nice start before getting all the honor needed for pvp gear is frostsavage set and as tailor that should be something you are able to make quite fast. Now I'm wondering about weapons. Is there an easy way to get these and which ones should it be? Something makable by other professions that you can buy on ah? Seems like most people use weapons that drop from heroics but are there other choices? Looking to be decent geared before starting battlegrounds on 80, and to be that as fast as possible. Running through heroics hoping for drops seems quite time consuming.
    What's your advice?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: pvp weapon

Titansteel Guardian or whatever the crafted caster mace is called.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Titansteel Guardian or whatever the crafted caster mace is called.
    seems like a nice choice. What about offhand?

One for emblems of heroism, 25 of them. You can get that pretty much in a day or so.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40348 or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40455

I got Damnation, and quite like it, loads of stamina on it.

I was lucky enough to get the Torch of Holy Fire which i'm finding is awesome for pvp as well as pve (shadow anyways). I dont see damnation being fantastic for pvp, sure nice stats but that huge chunk of crit is wasted imo. We don't get enough crit on pvp gear to make Divine Aegis worthwhile and as such that huge whack of crit is only going to help with rapture and some extra HPS. Haste on the other hand is awesome in helping to avoid being interrupted, HPS & Mana Burn output.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    One for emblems of heroism, 25 of them. You can get that pretty much in a day or so.
    Ok, and that offhand + titansteel mace will make a decent combo?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I was lucky enough to get the Torch of Holy Fire which i'm finding is awesome for pvp as well as pve (shadow anyways). I dont see damnation being fantastic for pvp, sure nice stats but that huge chunk of crit is wasted imo. We don't get enough crit on pvp gear to make Divine Aegis worthwhile and as such that huge whack of crit is only going to help with rapture and some extra HPS. Haste on the other hand is awesome in helping to avoid being interrupted, HPS & Mana Burn output.
    yes you are lucky and it seems very nice. Too bad you probably have to spend long time pve:ing when you want to be pvp:ing =) Cause from what I read the drop rate is pretty horrible, is it so?

Droprate?, close to -1% if you ask me

Fucking torch never fucking drops -.-

Not a single drop of torch for us.. Turning Tide is now being given as offspec item..

Yeah, it's pretty lame.

Torch:
    - Healer Priest
    - DPS Priest
    - Healer Paladin
    - Healer Shaman
    - Elemental Shaman
    - Healer Druid
    - Moonkin

Turning Tide
    - Warlock
    - Mage
    - Healer Paladin

Life is so fair! Can't they learn to make caster dps items DAGGERS OR STAVES soon.

Some 550 spellpower staff instead of that utterly shit Damnation is for PvE. Not to mention how utterly crap the other staves are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Droprate?, close to -1% if you ask me

Fucking torch never fucking drops -.-
    I disagree.

We have had it drop like 6 times now and it actually gets De'ed now. I was so fecking lucky it dropped on one
    of our first runs and I was the only one bidding. Got it for 5 dkp :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Yeah, it's pretty lame.

Torch:
    - Healer Priest
    - DPS Priest
    - Healer Paladin
    - Healer Shaman
    - Elemental Shaman
    - Healer Druid
    - Moonkin

Turning Tide
    - Warlock
    - Mage
    - Healer Paladin

Life is so fair! Can't they learn to make caster dps items DAGGERS OR STAVES soon.

Some 550 spellpower staff instead of that utterly shit Damnation is for PvE. Not to mention how utterly crap the other staves are.
    <3 Staff of Restraint
    Although I would def get my hands on the Torch if it ever drops again

I just love it when I see priests that pug get the torch, and the rest of the gear is horror, not enchanted, green gems, awful specs.. and the weapon that's best in slot for a sp is shared with nearly anyone and is prioritized by healers due to, oh so imba 15mp5 component.

What you mean this torch?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...-Nerub&n=Eloro

Inb4 'lol l2enchant' im getting around to it ok...not like I need the little extra spellpower pre ulduar. Main spec is shadow before you comment on the belt.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Keep in mind loot is subject to RNG, i'm sure the torch doesn't have an inferior drop rate, some people see it a lot, some don't see it at all.

For example, our guild has seen Betrayer of Humanity about 8 times... our fury warrior dual wields them, all our war tanks have one, most of our pallys have one... etc etc etc

We've only seen the Torch once and I was lucky enough to roll 99 when it dropped... and yes we roll for loot because setting up dkp for such easy epics seemed like a waste of time.